LeRoy I. Nelson, Jr.
Orange County, CA • 503-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/leroyinelsonjr
SUPPLY CHAIN LEADER
Innovative and influential operations leader with global experience developing, implementing and executing organizational strategies to accomplish corporate objectives such as lead time reduction, increased inventory turns, improved on-time delivery, supplier performance, demand shaping and planning, operations efficiencies, utilization and absorption. Recognized for driving functional change through the organization, customers and suppliers. Skilled negotiator possessing excellent communication skills working cross-functionally to improve supply chain and operational processes. Core competencies include:
Strategic Planning • Workflow Optimization • Process Improvement • Logistics • Inventory Management • Pricing • Talent Management • Procurement • Budget Management • Cross-Functional Team Leadership
DIASORIN MOLECULAR, Cypress, CA 2016 – 2019
Senior Manager, Supply Chain
Develop and implement strategy to optimize the entire supply chain from order entry to distribution. Manage procurement, planning, inventory management, supply relationship and pricing, materials, receiving and distribution. Lead a team of 6 direct reports, mid-size company, traded on Italian stock exchange. Operations lead for product transition to Ireland facility.
• Manage worldwide rebranding project for finished goods and component material.
• Directed revision of over 1,600 FDA and Dekra documents and procedures related to rebranding efforts.
• Eliminated raw material shortage crisis using systematic approach to purchasing and inventory management.
• Increased on time delivery of critical component delivery by 25%.
• Implemented international order fulfillment process resulting in 95% on-time delivery.
• Reduce major component cost by at least 15% while implementing stocking program reducing lead time by 80%.
• Transitioned planning process from spreadsheets to ERP/MRP driving factory scheduling reducing obsolescence by 55% year over year (YOY).
• Designed and implemented material management system reducing the reliance on manual transactions increasing efficiency by 30%.
ASPEN MEDICAL PRODUCTS, Irvine, CA 2014 – 2015
Operations Manager, 2014 – 2015
Supply Chain Manager, 2014 – 2014
Led demand planning, supply chain, customer service, distribution, logistics and material management. Directed global supply chain operation from supplier management, inventory optimization and international sourcing. Managed 9 direct reports.
• Improved international supplier terms from 50% prepay to net 30 days.
• Created S&OP process, which improved forecast accuracy from 40% to 70%.
• Delivered weekly availability reports to reduce air-shipments by 70%, saving over $100K per year.
• Implemented forecast improvements, which included 100% of finished goods, up from 60%.
• Eliminated weekly component parts stock out to zero.
• Defined international procurement process improving customer fill from 75% to 95%.
• Implemented supplier scorecard improving packaging accuracy by 20%.
RS MEDICAL 2013
Director, Operations and Supply Chain
Managed operation, warehouse, logistics, distribution and procurement functions to include the manufacturer and distributor of electronic medical device, 5 direct reports, startup / rebranded small company, privately held company.
• Improved on-time delivery by 30%. Reduced overhead 28%.
• Eliminated component part stock-outs.
• Designed and implemented a management system, which increased through put by 50%.
• Led project to configure operational modules of MRP system reducing PO’s by 20%.
• Implemented sales forecast process reducing over stock by 15%.
• Initiated supplier management activities to ensure continuity of supply and reducing price by 25%.
LEUPOLD & STEVENS, INC. 1999 – 2013
Senior Manager, Supply Chain, 2011 – 2013
Oversaw supply chain including inventory management, international and domestic procurement, planning, distribution and material movement. Vertically integrated manufacturer and distributor of sports optics, 13 direct reports and over 150 indirect reports, mid-size: over $200M, privately held.
• Implemented of supplier stocking program to reduce assent inventory by 35%.
• Transitioned purchased parts from MPR to demand driven management method resulting in 20% reduction.
• Contract negotiation and implementation of demand driven procurement processes to reduce lead time by 45%.
• Reduced Asian supplied finished goods by 15% through negotiating US based distribution center.
Supply Chain / Production / Service Operations Manager, 2009 – 2011
Led cross functional operational meetings to approve weekly, monthly and quarterly production plans, which reduced rework and line stoppage by 10%. Presented weekly and quarterly data showing machine down time and solutions for improvement by 10%.
• Reduced manufactured parts inventory by over 15%, $2.3M, in 1 year.
• Directed planning staff to prioritize new product introduction activity decreasing time to market by 5%.
• Reduced new product lead time into production by 15 days.
• Uncovered root cause issues effecting on-time shipments reducing backorders by over 30%.
• Implemented demand flow methodology in assembly operation decreasing WIP by 35%.
• Reduced machine downtime by 30%.
• Implemented system for tool crib to reduce commodity parts shrinkage by 20%.
• Supply Chain perspective contributor on long term planning committee for physical plant expansion of 30K square feet.
Supply Chain Manager, 2006 – 2008
Integrated demand forecast into internal operations to achieve revenue projections. Directed material handling activity throughout manufacturing and 3 multi-million inventory locations.
• Led monthly S&OP meeting and recommended adjustment to plan prior to executive approval improving forecast accuracy and on-time delivery by 20%.
• Developed weekly production for Assembly and Mount Systems operations for over 1,500 SKU.
Human Resources Manager, 1999 – 2006
Implemented HRMS self-service module eliminating use of manual, monthly reports company management team. Developed profiles for successful employees in leadership positions.
• Implemented an online market-pricing tool that contained data from 5 national and local compensation surveys.
Additional Role: Assembly Manager
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Human Resources and Marketing (BSBA)