Marcus A. Beiler
Catonsville, MD 21228
Eager to learn the new business strategies and improve bottom line. Leadership in managing of operations by developing, building and sustaining high performing teams and cultures. Experiences in organizational collaborations, cross functional partnerships with internal and external business partners. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Assistant Manager in training
March 2019 - Present
Stoltzfus Meats Inc.
Production Manager Apr 2017 – March 2019
Manage daily production schedule of, state of the art Kerres smoke houses imported from Germany, across multiple departments of the company. Work in conjunction with company HACCP inspector as well as our Federal USDA inspector ensuring our products meet regulation refrigeration, cooking temperature and cooling safety standards. Ensuring the products meet the company color and texture standards. Supervisor Sept 2016 – Apr 2017
Supervise 8+ employees in their processing plant, overseeing and providing quality control of products being packaged for distribution to proprietary and non-proprietary clients. In charge of the companies cook room hand crafting products, i.e. scrapple, pudding and baked beans, weekly based on the demand of the clients. Supervise the injection of products with preservatives and spices to retain freshness, flavor and appearance. Also, in charge of the product tumbling process to allow the cures appropriate time to infuse the product before the smoking process begins. CVS/Pharmacy Sept 2008 – April 2016
Operations Supervisor (ASM) Ellicott City, MD Jan 2016 – April 2016 Took the opportunity to shadow the store manager, assist and develop more effective management techniques to increase consistent results. Assisted in the total, efficient and profitable operations of the largest grossing 24 hour store in the district.
● Collaboration with Store Manager to facilitate, support and get buy in from subordinates with any directive Corporate Office, Loss Prevention, Risk Management or District Manager provided.
● Revenue of 6.7 m $ a year
● Improved profitability 1.7% by reducing Loss Prevention with securing high dollar acid reducers, prophylactics, emergency contraceptives, foot care products, baby formula and allergy medicine. Store Manager Catonsville, MD Apr 2015 – Jan 2016
Promoted to store manager and responsible for the total, efficient and profitable operations of the store included partnering with the Pharmacist In Charge (PIC) to attain corporate directives. Developed staff to their potential and Marcus Beiler Page 2
talent through engaged management techniques, delegation, team building exercises and led by example. Collaborated with 16 store managers to exceed our District and corporate goals.
● Revenue of 2.5 m $ a year
● Improved store profitability 1.2% by reduction of Risk Management assured the product/totes that entered the store matched the manifest. Analyzed category sales report prompted the reduction select product to be re-merchandised behind the front check out and signs attached to empty packaging alerting consumers where to get the items and apologized for the inconvenience. Assistant Store Manager Elkridge, MD Sept 2013 - Apr 2015 Promotion to an assistant in the developing, mentoring and coaching of a 42 colleague team in a store open 24 hours. Writing and delivering colleague performance and compensation reviews.
● Revenue of 4.1 m $ a year
● Improved store profitability 2% by greeting, offering help and walking customers to the item(s) during their visit. Review sales trends and ordering up on emergency contraceptives grossing the store an extra 52k a year.
Supervisor WV/MD Sept 2008 - Sept 2013
Responsible for the positive customer experience, opening/closing the store, daily administrative and financial responsibility.
Unloading of warehouse delivers outside and pre-planning product placement in advance providing positive customer experiences. Colleague diversity and accommodations based on different cultures and traditions. Managing the store with collaboration from an emerging leader for follow up and store functionality.
● Revenue of 2.3 m $ a year.
● Executed ahead of plan and exceeded District expectations as a test market for mass price change initiative.
● Collaborated with district management to plan and implement, Customer Focus Replenishment (CFR), a new front store work flow as a test market selected by corporate directive.
● Teamwork and collaboration in Region 33 District 6 relocation of 5 stores, with set up of plan-o-grams, several warehouse deliveries and grand openings per all 5 locations. Legg Mason, Baltimore, MD March 2000 - Jan 2006
Business Operations Analyst – Mutual Fund Operations
● Collaborated with senior management of the firms, Mutual Funds,to reduce Regulatory Risk. Automated the extraction of data from the National Securities Clearing Corporation regulatory reports and proprietary reports to produce a summary of reports detailing rejects, pending and settled trades at a glance.
● Developed and maintained end-user website interface for mutual fund operations colleague to easily rectify any trade rejects.
● Trained and supervised 6 interns on operational processes and led a conversion process that resulted in an increase of department revenue by 45%.
● Reduced department risk by automating trade rejects and reducing the touch points to allow for increased straight thru processing. Department losses were reduced by over 24%.
● Increased department efficiency by building a management reporting tools and reports that focused on non-proprietary funds business with increased revenues 222% to over $2.4 million in 3 years. EDUCATION
Goldey-Beacom College, Wilmington, DE
Associates, Accounting with concentration in Operation Management Marcus Beiler Page 2
Johns Hopkins University Computer Career Institute, Columbia, MD Certification: Advanced Enterprise Web Developer and Client Server NB/ASP.net REFERENCES
Furnished Upon Request