To gain employment that will allow me to gain and polish skills that will aid in professional development.
Dependable, dedicated, and highly motivated individual whom fosters a comfortable and stimulating work environment. Approaches all given scenarios with patience and proven ability to work as a collaborative partner. Maintains ethical and professional practices.
Bachelors of Social Sciences, Criminal Justice, CSU, Northridge
Activities and Achievements:
High School Varsity Basketball: 2007, 2008, 2009
High School Varsity Football: 2007, 2008, 2009
Brother Celestine All-Around Athlete Award
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA May 2016 - January 2017 Staff Assistant, Medical Staff Office
• Maintain and process credentials files for over 200 practitioners.
• Update timely information into credentials databases (Vision-Pro) and (Vet-Pro).
• Produce updated monthly alpha reports for all reappointments and new appointments for all clinical departments and outside regulatory agencies
• Developed merge documents to streamline the application process
• Developed process for ongoing performance monitoring
• Support Medical Staff Coordinator with department training and meeting attendance. Provide training and technical assistance in the use of a variety of software systems used within the Medical Staff Office.
• Initiated, developed, and coordinated the entire OPPE/FPPE process for the hospital including all outlying clinics within the VA Palo Alto Healthcare System.
• Interact with Human Resources Management Service personnel in areas covered by personnel requirements (appointment, board actions, citizenship, drug screening, etc.).
• Provide the customer with consistent information according to established policies and procedures.
• Coordinate with each practitioner and service to assure timely notification and renewal of all current licenses, privileges, & proctoring period.
• Able to perform a wide variety of tasks and able to coordinate different groups of individuals in order to accomplish the necessary tasks.
• Have extensive knowledge of general office skills, such as typing, use of word-processing, general use of personal computer systems, filing and phone etiquette
West Los Angeles Veterans Hospital, Los Angeles, CA October 2012 – May 2016
Credentialing Support Assistant, Credentialing Office
• In service for Doctors on staff included but not limited to: filing, data entry, faxing, scanning, making/receiving phone calls.
• Knowledge of technology and customer service skills while managing and organizing office information.
• Handling of sensitive material such as doctor/patient information.
• Maintain and process credentialing files for over 300 practitioners including initial and reappointment applications
• Daily inputting information into credentialing databases such as Priv-Plus and Vet-Pro
• Develop queries and credentialing background information as required by Joint Commission and Hospital ByLaws.
• Primary source verified all education, training, licenses, claims history, Board Certifications and National Student Clearinghouse information depots i.e.: NPDB, AMA FSMB, OIG
• Help plan and coordinate a process for our office paperless project as well as many other office projects
• Possess exceptional skills in written & oral communications. I have an exceptional ability to establish effective working relationships with medical facility management and clinical and administrative staffs
• Possess the ability to interpret rules and regulations and to develop new computer or manual work methods to support new rules.
• Possess an exceptional ability to handling customer conflicts and problems and providing consistent information according to established policies and procedures.
• . Consistently communicate and treat customers in a courteous, tactful and respectful manner
• Meet the needs of customers both internally and externally while supporting the VA’s mission.
L.A.U.S.D., Maclay Middle, Pacoima, Ca September 2010- October 2012
• Collaborated with peers and parents to uphold a “partnership” environment.
• Created, maintained, and implemented new computer learning programs and instructed computer lab learning sessions. Implemented rules in the classroom while maintaining concepts and standards agenda.
• Effectively performed general office work.
• Used all Microsoft Office programs i.e. Excel, Word and Powerpoint
L.A.U.S.D., Beyond the Bell Program, Sepulveda, Ca April 2010- June 2010
• Provided safe and exciting program that engaged and encouraged students to achieve at their highest level both academically and in sports.
• Promoted positive self-image, sportsmanship, leadership skills, team work, character building, cooperative and social skills.
20 20 Companies, Woodland Hills, Ca. November 2009-February 2010
• Performed door to door sales. Knowledgeable of technology products such as Fios internet, television, and phones.
• Able to communicate one-on-one and in group settings.