Bert R. Kosier
Senior Information Technology Consultant / Project Manager
Resident Country: USA
My professional experience in information technology includes a consistent track record of implementing enterprise production IT services based on roles in vendor technical pre-sales systems engineering, vendor sales account management, enterprise IT software architecture, software development and project management. My management of enterprise information technology programs and projects has enabled businesses and public sector organizations to attain organizational goals and objectives through increased operational efficiency and effectiveness by delivering line-of-business IT services on schedule, budget, and scope.
* Masters Information Systems Management Degree.
* Certified Project Management Professional (PMP
Professional Experience Summary
* Lamina Technologies, Ltd (5/2012 to 4/2019):
Role - Senior IT Project Manager / Consultant Contractor (5/2012 to 4/2019):
> Sr. IT Project Manager with Main Sail Inc. (4/2018 to 1/2019), Cleveland, OH:
- Lead turn-around of Cuyahoga County Enterprise Infor Cloud ERP program workstreams and was responsible for revamped project schedules, work plans, and staffing plans constructed to align with the county’s Infor ERP master schedule and identified project workstream dependencies.
- Project Manager responsible for:
# Infor Global HR Workstream execution including data migration from legacy SAP software services.
# Infor Lawson Payroll Workstream execution including data migration from legacy SAP / InforMF services.
# Infor Workforce Management Workstream execution including data migration from legacy SAP software services.
# Infor Enterprise Asset Management Wave 7 & Wave 8 Workstream execution.
> HP Enterprise Services Ohio MITS Contract with Diversified Systems Inc. (9/2015 to 7/2017), Columbus, OH: Senior Project Manager responsible for managing Ohio Department of Medicaid Enterprise IT software development full life cycle projects.
> Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) contract with Diversified Systems Inc. (5/2015 to 9/2015), Cleveland, Oh: School Performance and Planning Framework (SPPF) Solution Architect and Project Lead for Initiation, Planning, Analysis, and Project Planning.
> FordDirect Inc PMO Program Initialization (12/2014 to 4/2015), Dearborn, MI: Standardized Project Frameworks and Lifecycles for FordDirect Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III Projects.
> CVS Caremark (7/2014 to 11/2014), Solon, OH: Medicare Part D FAZAL Phase II Project execution of Analysis, Design, Build, Test/QA, UAT, and Implementation using MS Project and CA Clarity for project project management and reporting.
> PNC Commercial Lending (3/2014 to 6/2014), Cleveland, OH: Active Project Portfolio Risk Management Planning using CA Clarity for portfolio management and reporting.
> Kellogg Headquarters Marketing Worldwide Nutrition Information Standardization Project (2/2014 to 3/2014), Battle Creek, MI: Project Initiation phase planning, defining business requirements, high level scope, and initial budget estimate.
> New York State Information Technology Services (ITS) (11/2013 to 2/2014), Albany, NY: Department of Health Certificate of Need (CON) Phase 2 Project Planning and Execution.
> Avery Dennison Label Product Manufacturing (LPM) (4/2013 to 7/2013), Mentor, OH: IBM TM1 based Financial Planning and Analysis project life cycle performance analysis.
> JP Morgan / Chase (5/2012 to 4/2013), Columbus, OH: Integrated Corporate Data Warehouse (ICDW) Mortgage Express Services project life cycle execution, implementation of Enterprise Password Vault (EPV) Breakglass coverage for legacy Data Warehouse Oracle database accounts and implementation of Mortgage Express Reporting Services Phase 1 using MS Project and CA Clarity for project management and reporting.
* Department of Defense (DOD) – Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) Cleveland: Role – Navy ERP Finance and Accounting Services Program Lead (5/2008 to 4/2012):
> Enterprise Resource Management (ERM) Navy ERP Program Lead (5/2008 to 4/2012): Implementation of Navy ERP software services to replace legacy DFAS budget, invoice payment, contract fulfillment IT services and Navy receiving, material management, and vendor supply chain management IT services. Role – Leveraging Technology Initiative IT Architect / Project Manager (3/2011 to 4/2012): 1
> DOD DFAS Cleveland Finance Service Member Casualty Services Workflow Process Automation Project Manager.
> DOD DFAS Cleveland Finance Service Member Casualty Services Workflow Process Automation Scope-of-Work (SOW) and Request for Proposal (RFP) generation.
> DOD DFAS Cleveland Retired and Annuitant Pay In-sourcing Business Case Analysis Scope-of-Work (SOW) and Request for Proposal (RFP) generation.
* VA Veterans Health Administration (VHA) - Office of Infomation & Technology - Health Information Architecture
(HIA) (1/2005 to 5/2008):
Role - Sr. IT Specialist / PM (1/2005 to 5/2008):
> Project Lead for Health Information Architecture (HIA) Future IT Software Architecture Projects:
- VHA HIA Software Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA) Project SOW, RFP generation, and Contractor Selection Board Lead.
- VHA HIA Hospital Clinical Asset Management Tracking and Workflow Facilitation SOW, RFP generation, and Contractor Selection Board Lead.
- VHA HIA HL7 Version 3 Assessment Project SOW, RFP generation, and Contractor Selection Board Lead.
* Lamina Technologies LTD: Role - Senior Project Manager and Web Services Software Development Lead (Contractor)
(7/1999 to 12/2004).
* Silicon Graphics Inc / Cray Research Corp: Role - Business Intelligence / High Performance Computing (HPC) Software Strategic Business Analyst (11/1996 to 6/1999).
* EMASS / ESystems: Role - Area Sales Account Manager (4/1994 to 11/1996).
* Amdahl Corporation / Sun Microsystems Inc.: Role - Enterprise Pre-Sales Systems Engineer and Project Manager
(1/1990 to 4/1994).
* IBM Corp.: Role - Account Systems Engineer and Project Manager(11/1986 to 1/1990). Professional Skills / Credentials
* Platforms: Windows, Unix, Linux, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, SAP 4.7EE, J2EE, Pentahoe
* Methodologies: Rapid Application Development, Rational Unified Process, Object-Oriented Design, Waterfall, Agile methodology, Project Management Institute, Architecting Big Data Applications – Real-Time Application Engineering, Business Process Re-Engineering using Business Process Flow Diagrams (BPFDs), Process Definition Documents
(PDDs), Scenario Flow Diagrams (SFDs), Scenario Definition Documents (SDDs).
* Languages: C, C++, Java, PHP, COBOL, UML, HTML, XML, JSON, SQL.
* Tools: Microsoft Project (10 years) / SharePoint / Visio / Excel / Word, Eclipse; JDeveloper, J2EE WebLogic / Tomcat / Glassfish, Apache Hadoop / HDFS / HBASE / MapReduce / YARN / Kafka / Spark / Zeppelin; AWS Cloud Software Services; Google Cloud Platform Software Services; Primavera Teamplay Suite; Rational Rose; Oracle Designer; Clarity Project Management and Reporting.
* Credentials: BS, BSCHE, MIT, PMI PMP.
Professional Experience Detail
Lamina Technologies Ltd (5/2012 to 4/2019)
Main Sail Inc. contract with Cuyahoga County Department of Information and Technology (DoIT) for Infor ERP Workstream Program / Project Management (5/2018 to 12/2018): Role: Senior Infor Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) Workstream Manager:
* Infor ERP Program Workstream Project Life-cycle alignment with Waterfall project life cycle stages and schedule based on Cuyahoga County Infor ERP Program master schedule and identified program project workstream dependencies.
* Infor ERP GHR, Talent Acquisition (TA), Talent Management (TM), HR Services Delivery (HRSD), Learning Management Services (LMS) workstream project plans, resource plans, and schedules definition.
* Infor ERP Lawson Payroll workstream project plan, resource plan, and schedule definition and project workstream execution.
* Infor ERP Workforce Management (Time & Attendance) workstream project plan, resource plan, and schedule definition and project workstream execution.
* On schedule deployment of Infor Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Waves 7 & 8 in September, 2018 & October, 2018.
* On scope, schedule, and budget deployment of Infor ERP GHR and Benefits software services to support Cuyahoga County Open Enrollment for 2019 Employee Benefits selection and insurance provider enrollment in September, 2018.
Diversified Systems Inc. contract (5/2015 to 7/2017): HP Enterprise Ohio MITS Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) Senior Project Manager (9/2015 – 7/2017): Role - Senior Enterprise Software Project Manager:
* Ohio Department of Medicaid – Medicaid Information Technology Services (MITS) Enterprise IT software development full life cycle based projects:
> ACA Claims Adjustment Project (9200 work hours).
> Change and Streamline Force Override Suspended Claims Workflow (1800 work hours).
> Cash Flow / Revenue Management Program Payment Services (5200 work hours).
> Medicaid School Program Automated Subsidy and Administration Payment Services (6700 work hours).
> Update / Implement Restricted Medicaid Coverage Period on ODM Provider Portal (1200 work hours).
> MyCare Ohio Opt In / Opt Out Capability (850 work hours).
> Ohio MITS Mass Adjustment of Denied Vaccine CPT Codes (400 work hours).
> Ohio MITS CMS TBQ Medicare Part A, C, and D Span Processing Update (1200 work hours). Cleveland Metropolitan School District “School Performance and Planning Framework” (SPPF) Project (5/2015 to 9/2015):
Role – IT Software Solution Architect:
* Solution Technical Architecture development based on school and district “School Performance and Planning Framework” reporting requirements.
FordDirect IT PMO Project Framework/Lifecycles Characterization & Update (11/2014 – 4/2015) Role - Senior Project Management Consultant for Defining FordDirect IT PMO Standardized Project Frameworks and Lifecycles:
* Responsible for leading the characterization and implementation of FordDirect PMO Standardized Project Frameworks and Lifecycles for FordDirect Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III Projects
* Leader for FordDirect Project Lifecycle Assessment and the development of new Project Lifecycles with minimal process redundancy while addressing Ford IT Audit Requirements. CVS Caremark Medicare Part D FAZAL Phase II Project Lead (8/2014 – 10/2014): Role - Senior Project Manager for CVS Caremark Medicare Part D FAZAL Phase II Pre-Enrollment Workbasket Project:
* Senior Technical Project Manager responsible for leading the turn-around of the Caremark Medicare Part D FAZAL Phase II Project to enable on-time / on budget deployment of FAZAL Phase II IT services in September, 2014. CVS Caremark Medicare Part D FAZAL Phase II Performance Engineering Project execution and delivery. CVS Caremark Medicare Part D FAZAL Phase II Loss of Employee Coverage (LEC) project lead. PNC Technology Center, Strongsville, OH – Project Management Consultant (4/2014 – 6/2014): Role - Project Portfolio Dependency Risk Management and Mitigation Planning:
* Senior Project Management Consultant responsible for Identification of Inter-Project and Cross Organization Project Dependencies, Mitigation Strategies, and Contingency Planning. Kellogg Worldwide Marketing Information Technology Services, Battle Creek, MI – Senior Project Management Consultant (Contractor) (2/2014 – 4/2014)
Role - Project Management Consultant for Initialization Phase of Standardization of Product Nutrition Information:
* Kellogg Worldwide Marketing Information - Product Nutrition Information Standardization Project Initialization - Business Goals / Objectives / Requirements definition, Staffing and Resource Plan, and High Level Budget Estimate. 3
New York State (NYS) Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) Department of Health (DOH), Albany, NY – Senior Project Manager (Contractor) (11/2013 – 02/2014): Role - Lead Project Manager for NYS OITS DOH Certificate of Need (CON) Phase 2 Project:
* Senior Project Manager responsible for project planning, execution, and deployment of NYS OITS DOH CON Phase 2 PMI PMBOK based Project Software Development / Deployment. Avery-Dennison (AD), Mentor, Ohio – Project Management Consultant (Contractor) (4/2013 – 7/2013): Role - Project Management Consultant for AD Label Product Manufacturing (LPM) Financial Planning and Analysis
(FP&A) IBM TM1 Analytical Reporting Services Development and Deployment:
* IBM TM1 Financial Planning and Analysis Project Scope, Budget, and Schedule analysis and project turn-around recommendations.
JP Morgan / Chase – Columbus, Ohio – Senior Project Manager (Contractor) (5/2012 – 4/2013): Role - Lead Project Manager Legacy Data Warehouse Security Remediation and JPM-Chase Mortgage Express Services Implementation:
* Senior Project Manager responsible for project planning and execution for implementation of the following projects:
> Legacy INFO1 Data Warehouse SDLC Waterfall Project(s): Production Software Change Management Tools: development of new production software change management tools / retirement of existing legacy software change management tool based on SDLC Waterfall software development methodology. Project Team: 1 DBA, 1 BA, 3 Developers / Test, 1 Operations Admin, PM (25%). Project duration: 6 months
> JPMC Mortage Express Project: Design, Development, Test, User Acceptance Testing, and production deployment of new mortgage origination software and database based on SDLC Waterfall software development methodology. Two SDLC Waterfall project phases competed over a 9 month period. Project Team: 1 DBA, 1 BA, 3 Developers / Testers, 2 Operations Admin, 1 Operations Support, PM (25%). Project duration: 6 months
> ICDW (Integrated Customer Data Warehouse) CWM (Chase Wealth Management) Software Design, Development, Test, UAT, Deployment SDLC Agile Project in Phases: Phase 1 - Inter-rum Data Repository (IDR) based Services, Phase 2 – Teradata Data Warehouse based services. Project Phases 1 & 2 completed over a 9 month period based on SDLC Waterfall software development methodology. Project Team: 2 DBA, 2 BA, 6 Developers / Testers, 3 Operations Admin, 2 Operations Support, PM (50%). Project duration: 6 months
> Project Budgeting and Budget Execution reporting. Department of Defense (DoD) – Defense Finance & Accounting Services (DFAS) Enterprise Resource Management
(ERM) Navy ERP (SAP) & Business Process Automation (BPA) Program Lead (4 years: 5/2008 – 4/2012): Role - Navy ERP (SAP) Finance and Accounting Software Architecture and Software Services Deployment Program Lead. Accomplishments:
* DFAS Cleveland Finance / Accounting Operations Navy ERP (SAP 4.7 EE) CMMI / Lean 6 based Software Services Deployment planning, facilitation, and sustainment for 4 Navy Commands representing more than 50% (~$67B) of the Navy’s accounting transactions. Navy ERP software services replaced existing legacy DFAS IT services for budget, invoice payment, and contract fulfillment and Navy IT services for receiving, material management, and vendor supply chain management. The Deployment of Navy ERP Finance and Accounting Services reduced DFAS Accounting Operations staffing requirements to support the deployed Navy Commands by over 40%. My responsibilities included leading a groups of 12 to 22 business analysts and project managers through the deployment of Navy ERP accounts payable, accounts receivable, period-end close, and departmental reporting software services in support of the Department of Navy Major Commands based on DFAS Cleveland Accounting Operations. My duties as the DoD DFAS Cleveland Navy ERP Lead were as follows:
> Develop the PD's (Position Descriptions) for DoD DFAS Cleveland ERM (Enterprise Resource Management) Business Analyst and Project Management resources required for the DoD DFAS Cleveland ERM Navy ERP project teams.
> Developed the DoD DFAS Cleveland ERM Navy ERP staffing plan based on the PD's developed, established the annual budget for Navy ERP project teams as follows:
- 2008 (5/2008 - 9/2008): 7 FTE's, $1.3M Budget
- 2009 (10/2008 - 9/ 2009): 14 FTE's, $2.3M Budget
- 2010 (10/2009 - 9/2010): 22 FTE's, $3.1M Budget
- 2011 (10/2010 - 9/2011): 18 FTE's, $2.7M Budget
- 2012 (10/2011 – 9/2012): 14 FTE's, $2.3M Budget
* Development of SDLC Waterfall Project Plans for each Major Navy Command covering over 4 years of Navy ERP software services deployment.
> Coordinate, facilitate and report on simultaneous execution (up to 3) of Navy ERP SDLC Waterfall project plans in different phases with ERM Navy ERP project teams.
> Report monthly on ERM Navy ERP organizational budget burn rates relative to plans, Navy ERP project status for each active project, key risks and risk mitigation plans, and organization staffing requirements. Role - Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) Cleveland Leveraging Technology Initiative (LTI) Software Architecture Lead and Agile SDLC Project Manager.
* Automation of DFAS Cleveland Finance Operations Processes and Procedures to improve operational efficiency 4
and productivity reducing DFAS Cleveland Finance Operations staffing requirements by over 30%. As the DoD DFAS Cleveland Leveraging Technology Initiative (LTI) Software Architecture Lead and Project Manager responsibilities included DFAS Cleveland Business Process Re-Engineering (BPR)and Management of Agile SDLC software development projects. My responsibilities included:
> Leading the DOD DFAS Cleveland Finance Service Member Casualty Services Workflow Process Automation Scope-of-Work (SOW) generation.
> Request for Proposal (RFP) generation with assigned DOD DFAS contracting officer, and vendor selection board lead.
> Working with LTI team members to expedite the selection, implementation, validation, and deployment of DFAS Cleveland Operations software services to automate existing manual procedures / tasks. Over a 9 month period of time in 2011 the LTI team executed a Business Process Automation (BPA) project plan based on Agile software development project execution methodology. This project used Pentaho ETL
(Extract/Translate/Load) software technology to interface an Oracle 11G Operational Data Store (ODS) with Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) services and existing legacy DFAS finance transaction services. The project automated over 90% of existing manual processes within a DFAS Cleveland Legacy Finance Operations area.
* DFAS Retired & Annuitant Pay (R&A Pay) In-Sourcing Project: My responsibilities included:
> Business Case Analysis (BCA) Scope of Work (SOW) generation.
> Request for Quote (RFQ) generation with assigned DOD DFAS contracting officer.
> Vendor selection board lead.
R&A Pay represents a >$4 Billion / month finance business operation to DoD DFAS. It was In-Sourced to DFAS Cleveland in 2010 as a result of the results obtained by the BCA.
* Estimated $50 million in savings over the next 3 years to due reduced man-hour requirements as a result of DFAS Cleveland Operations process automation and business process re-engineering projects executed.
* PMI PMP Certification – 12/2008.
VA Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Office of Information & Technology (OI&T) Health Information Architecture (HIA) Future Services Enterprise Software Architecture Project Management Lead (3.5 years: 1/2005 – 5/2008):
Role - VA VHA OI&T HIA Futures Services Software Architecture Lead. Accomplishments:
* Business Case development and analysis for VA VHA OI&T senior level management sponsorship of HIA Future Services software services development, test, and implementation.
* Management and facilitation of business and software services requirements definition, and project inception planning including project charters, scope definition, project planning, and resource planning.
* Execution of approved software development / prototyping projects.
* VAVHA OI&T HIA HL7 Release 3 Data Model Development for VAVHA patient bioinformatics domain:
> VHA HIA HL7 Version 3 Assessment Project SOW, RFP generation, and Contractor Selection Board Lead.
* VA VHA Medical Facility RFID Asset Tracking and Management System Pilot:
> Business Case development, project inception, project planning and project execution of The services derived from Medical Facility RFID Asset Tracking will increase asset utilization, improve the quality of patient care, and reduce the incidence of lost or stolen equipment:
> VHA HIA Hospital Clinical Asset Management Tracking and Workflow Facilitation SOW, RFP generation, and Contractor Selection Board Lead.
* VHA HIA Software Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA) Project:
> Scope-of-Work (SOW) generation, RFP generation with VHA OI&T contracting office, Contractor Selection Board Lead.
* VA 4.1 Primavera Certified Project Manager.
Completed CMMI / Lean 6 end-to-end projects based on SDLC Waterfall methodology:
> SOA Software Architecture Assessment / Prototyping Project: 24 months, $1,8M
> HL7 Version 3 Technology Assessment Project: 9 months, $320K
> RFID Asset Management & Tracking Pilot Project: 18 months, $1.4M Lamina Technologies LTD Senior Software Services Consultant(4.5 years: 6/1999 – 12/2004): Role - Owner and Senior Software Services Consultant and Project Manager. Accomplishments:
* Web Services Software Development, Test, and Implementation for commercial and academic clients in central Ohio based on Apache, MySQL, Linux, PHP, C, C++.
* Clinical software services systems engineering and implementation for medical services providers in central Ohio:
> Central Ohio Orthopedic Surgeons.
> Knox Surgical Specialists, Knox County, Ohio.
* Enterprise Infrastructure Services Assessment and Re-Engineering services for Chemical Mortgage Corporation in Columbus, Ohio.
Silicon Graphics Inc. / Cray Research HPC Software Services Strategic Business Analyst (2.5 years: 11/1996 – 6/1999):
Role - Strategic Business Analyst – High Performance Computing (HPC) Software Services for Finance and Retail business management.
* Justification and sale of Marketing Campaign Management System to Alliance Data Services (ADS) (Columbus, Ohio) to improve ADS retail clients retail sales and reduce marketing costs.
* Business case development and acceptance for software services based on HPC for Silicon Graphics Inc. / Cray Research financial and retail customers.
* Client executive sponsorship of proposed HPC Software Services. ESystems / EMASS (2.5 years: 5/1994 – 10/1996):
Role - Area Account Manager – Northeastern America Accomplishments:
* Established EMASS product and services sales to commercial accounts in Northeastern America Area.
* EMASS Northeastern America Area sales revenue growth from startup to $18M in 2.5 years
* Major sales wins included Sony Music (NYC), Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH), Atmospheric and Environmental Services (Doval, Canada), and IRS (Detroit, MI).
Amdahl Corp. (4.5 years: 1/1990 – 4/1994):
Role - Senior Marketing Systems Engineer and Enterprise Systems Engineer. Accomplishments:
* Established Amdahl Corporation as a channel sales partner for Sun Microsystems Server sales to the AT&T Network Solutions Bell Lab in Columbus, Ohio.
* Supported Sun Microsystems server sales to Fortune 500 businesses in the central Ohio sales region.
* Amdahl AT&T Sales Team recognized for over $1B in sales to AT&T over a 10 year period in 1993.
* Amdahl Systems Engineering support for AT&T Mini-Computer Center (MCC) Consolidation project. This project consolidated 128 AT&T MMC locations into 3 AT&T National Network Management Centers based on Amdahl UTS
(Mainframe UNIX) platform services and was completed in 1993.
* ATT Network Solutions BX.25 software development and implementation on Amdahl Mainframe UTS (Unix) based on C / C++.
* Recognized as a Amdahl Top National Marketing Systems Engineering performer in 1991 and 1992. IBM Corporation (5+ years: 11/1984 – 1/1990):
Role - IBM Account Systems Engineer and Project Manager (9/1986 – 1/1990) Accomplishments:
* Mainframe (large systems) technical pre-sales support to IBM National Accounts in the Columbus metropolitan area. Specific accounts supported were: The Limited Inc., Federated Stores, State of Ohio, Ohio State University, and The Huntington Bank.
* Regional Technical Specialist for IBM AIX based systems including AIX/RT, AIX/PS2, and AIX/370 and assigned to the IBM AIX National Sales Support Team in 1989 working with IBM Data Systems Division for AIX/370 product integration and implementation.
Role - IBM VLSI Manufacturing Engineer (11/1984 – 9/1986) Accomplishments:
* Managing / Maintaining IBM East Fishkill Business-as-Usual (BAU) Semiconductor Manufacturing Operations for Deposition, Implant, and Anneal. Transferred to Columbus Ohio as part of an IBM reorganization in 1986. Promotions / Awards / Training:
* Promoted to AIX Regional Specialist in 1989.
* Promoted to Account Systems Engineer in 1987.
* Received IBM Regional Managers Award for contribution and performance in 1987.
* Completed IBM Large Systems Integration / Implementation Training 1987.
* Recognized as a top performer in IBM Marketing Training in 1986.
* Recognized as a top performer in IBM's BAU Semiconductor Engineering in 1985. Education
* Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, Bachelors Degree, Chemistry/Biology, 08/1978
* University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, Bachelors Degree, Chemical Engineering, 06/1981
* University of Phoenix, Masters Information Technology Management, 04/2014. 6