AFOLABI ADEBOLA JOHNSON
Abesan L.C.H.E, Ipaja, Lagos.
Dynamic, energetic Creative Director with expertise in creating winning brands and promotions that increase sales and brand awareness.
Collaborate effectively with marketing and advertising teams as well as corporate managers.
Creative and analytical thinker with ability to create dependable models, forecasting predictions and competitive analysis’.
* Have an instinctive feeling about future product concepts
* Have good analytical skills
* A good listener, able to respond to results and consumer research
* An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
* Able to work well with a wide range of people from different parts of the business
* A team leader, able to inspire others
* Able to manage different projects at the same time
* Energetic and passionate about their product specialty
* Organised and methodical
* Able to work well under pressure
* Have good presentation skills.
CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Elizcomm Communication: 2009 till date:
* Providing creative solutions, original design, finished art, press-ready films, and printed material, to a variety of clients.
* Creating and producing below-the-lines materials for clients .
* Developing a well organized project management system to successfully track a 40-plus on-going job
schedule to meet client demands and deadlines.
* Establishing written guidelines (action plans) for all routine studio operations and recurring projects.
* Acquired special strengths in problem solving, project management, and organization.
* Hired and managed freelance and staff designers and artists
* Interfaced with clients and outside vendors such as photographers, illustrators, and pre-press and printing services.
* overseeing the production of TV adverts, newspaper and magazine advertisements, direct mail packs, email campaigns, websites, exhibition stands, road shows and liaising with art designers, copywriters, media buyers and printers
* checking marketing copy supervising the sign off of marketing literature and campaigns, liaising with legal and compliance personnel, ensuring the designs and messages meet the company brand and regulatory guidelines
* representing the company at all creative meetings, including photo and film shoots.
GTBank, Ideal Homes, Oomes Property Ltd., Ferriesmart Ltd., Bestwesthern, The Island Hotel, Damslob Ventures, The Vepas Co. Ltd., Evans Dental Ltd. African Relief Funds Organisation, Mosteeve Cooperative Ltd. Association of Economists and Statisticians of Nigeria (AESN), Interiorbyanora, Sterling Drugs Ltd, AcirtUSa, etc.
CREATIVE MANAGER -Cartrack Nig. Ltd, Lekki, Lagos. April 2008 -June 2009:
*Oversee and implement all promotions and brand activities and strategies to establish and maintain presence of brand in the market place.
*Increase store sales through deliberate efforts strategically implemented in research, strategy, financial planning, and relationship management.
*Created and manage traditional and non - traditional marketing budget, reporting on variances and deviations to corporate VP of Marketing and CEO
*Ensure alignment internally and externally across operations, field marketing, franchi sees and other team members through effective and regular communication methods.
* Develop marketing and brand building campaigns aimed at increasing sales and profit margins including free standing franchises and Non=Traditional Stores.
* Analyze and identify sales opportunities and create top line growth and franchisee profitability.
* Procure and oversee all advertising campaign efforts
CREATIVE MANAGER -Charlesflory Advertising Ltd. April 2006 -June 2008
*Create on-air commercials, including voiceover of 30- and 60-second commercials for clients.
*Presentation, conceptualize, copywriting, and creation of various ad to offer better and unique service to clients and to assist in the growth of their businesses.
*Responsible of getting estimates and choosing appropriate vendors for a wide range of projects, art direction, hiring freelance artists.
*looking at the pricing of products and analysing the potential profitability generating names for new and existing products and services, coming up with ideas for new packaging designs, including shape, size, colours, fonts and imagery
*researching consumer markets, monitoring market trends and identifying potential areas in which to invest, based upon consumer needs and spending habits
*monitoring product distribution and consumer reactions through focus groups and market research
co-ordinating the launch programme to external customers as well as employees.
*overseeing the production of TV adverts, newspaper and magazine advertisements, direct mail packs, email campaigns, websites, exhibition stands, road shows and liaising with art designers, copywriters, media buyers and printers
*Frequently acting as liaison between clients and agency.
Clients: Jamb, Nipost, Lagos Travel-Inn, Stallion Property, Nigerian Ropes, Lanre- Bhadmus Industries,
Doyin Group of Companies, Clayarts Furniture, Choice Furniture, Fut-Conceptus, Cartrack Nig. Ltd, etc.
CREATIVE EXECUTIVE: Franchise Law & kenneth (Advertising) July 2003 - March 2006
*Interfaced with clients and outside vendors such as photographers, illustrators, and pre-press and printing services.
*Contributed in the creative development at staff meetings that would present information to the
rest of the corporate staff.
*Ensured that all copy information were accurate and submitted in timely manner.
*Worked closely with Creative Director to design and produce corporate Identity and logos for clients
*Ability to do other duties as assigned.
Clients: Kewalram Chanrai, Multi-links Telecoms, Orange Drugs Limited and others
INTERN: Franchise Communications (Advertising) - Ilupeju July 2001 -2003
* Under the direction of the Brand Marketing Manager/Creative Director, I conducted business analysis to determine trends, consumption, market trends, production and inventory.
* Collaborated with marketing team to successfully launch new products and determine brand positioning and reposition and media effectiveness. Design and implement consumer and trade promotional campaigns as well as materials to carry out those initiatives.
* Clients: Kewalram Chanrai, Multi-links Telecoms, Orange Drugs Limited and others
* MCS -Masters in Communications Studies, Lagos State University, (LASU) - 2015
* Certificate in Web Designing and Development -Yemlat Global Concept -December 2012 – March 2013
* B. A. (2004) Languages and Communications Arts - Lagos State University (LASU), Ojo.
* Diploma (2000) Languages and Communications Arts - Lagos State University (LASU), Ojo.
* Diploma (1994) Computer Technology - Lagos City Computer College, Ikeja, Lagos.
* Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE)
* WAEC (1989) Lagelu Grammar School, Ibadan, Oyo.
2015 Practice and Perception of Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) in Charles-Flory Advertising Ltd.
2004 The Relationship between Advertising Agencies and Print/Electronic Media (A Case Study of Franchise Communications and Guardian Newspaper/Raypower/AIT).
(2000) The Roles of Advertising Agencies in Communication Industries (A Case Study of Franchise
I enjoy good health and my personal interests include sport like football and I have a broad taste in reading gospel books, writing and like to keep abreast of world and current affairs.
Born on January 29, 1972, Male, Married, Residing at Blk 571, Flat 6 Abesan Estate, Ipaja, Lagos.
Mr. Segun Alao
Mr. Banjo Akeem - Tel: 080********