DALE R. NOVOTNIAK
North Huntingdon, PA 15642
A career position that will best utilize my skills and experience in Information Technology in a capacity that offers growth and advancement opportunities in accordance with my abilities and performance.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Approximately twenty nine years of experience in Systems programming management, with professional skills encompassing all facets of personnel administration, systems development, manufacturing and office operations.
* Served as Project Leader on plant payroll application system, on OSHA toxicology systems, order entry system, project management tracking system, EU Compliance MSDS system, PNC Active Pay system, Product and warehouse barcoding, ADP online payroll system, various joint venture systems.
* Project Manager implementation of Infinium Software Systems and IBM AS 400 hardware (converting out-dated systems to IBM AS 400).
* Received recognition by being featured in magazine and newsletter articles in reference to Netron COBOL generation and development of payroll and order entry systems at Koppers Company Inc.
* Member of Executive Steering Committee for Watson Standard Company.
* Member of ISO 9000 Steering& Audit Committee for Watson Standard Company.
* Educational background consists of an Associate of Science degree in Computer Management form the ICM School of Business as well as 121 hours of course studies in Business Management form the Pennsylvania State University (completed through company), with additional seminars in computer management as necessary.
* Applied SDLC practices to various ERP implimentations/conversions.
* Setup and coordinated firewall "intrusion" security, communications security, data security, satellite PC security, malware, spyware and dmarc security.
September 2017 to January 2019
RIVERBEND FOODS LLC. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Director of IT
Managed Department Budget, servers, backup system, ERP conversion, ERP maintenance, EDI conversions, telephone communications, PLC's and inter plant mfg systems, supported outside warehouses communications, support campus guardian security system, vendor licensing and contracts.
Successful implemented the company's ERP system utilizing SDLC application development from SAP to Deacom within a 5 month span. The company was sold from BAY VALLEY to a private equity firm Insight Equity and making it essential to have the ERP project completed within a 5 month contracted go live date.
Set up outside 3rd party vendor to facilitate AP, AR, EDI Coordination and Customer service .
Coordinated R&D initiatives to nutrition systems that support product viability by installing TRACEGAINS and GENISIS software systems,.
Coordinated the Maintenance Departments use of INFOR EAM to support shop floor project trackimg and Preventative Maintenance programs. Installed Ipads at eack maintenance line assure ease of access to systems.
Coordinated APTEAN software to track production line performance and downtime reasoning. Initiated cost structure reporting to validate shutdown reasons.
November 1987 to September 2017
WATSON STANDARD COMPANY. Harwick, Pennsylvania Director of IT & Corporate Logistics
Scope of duties management of the IT Department. specific duties include purchase software and hardware, support corporate department software activity, provide personal computer support, organize corporate education, support sales marketing staff, support communications network,, support Website, support Allen-Bradley PLC and Kistler Morris weigh scales.
Successfully upgraded Watson Standards ERP system from base a customized system to Infinium Infor. Subsequent upgrades of Infinium were introduced to keep up technology. Various modules were also bolted on to support Laboratory i.e. Lab Design Aid, Batch Master.
Coordinated the Regulatory Affairs Departments Global Harmanization effort to conform to WERCs software Safety Data Sheet methodology and Chemical compliant Shipping labels.
Coordinated Valresa (a tool manufacturer based in Valencia spain) to utilize Watson Standards ERP system in their Manufacturing, Inventory and regulatory Affairs activities.
October 1977 to November 1987
KOPPERS COMPANY, INCORPORATED, Pittsburgh., Pennsylvania
Manager of Systems and Programming - 1977 - 1987
Scope of duties and responsibilities encompass all facets of management of the MIS Systems Application Group.
Specific duties include supporting human resources and personnel administration (hiring, training, etc.), supporting the Tax Section, Law Department, and Payroll Department at the Home Office and at 12 plant locations, and systems development and implementation.
* Plant Payroll Application System-Customizing a payroll system to union contracts and ADP.
* OSHA Toxicology System-Written in LINC consisting of plants communicating to the Home Office all formulations and components of formulations utilized for toxicology inquiry.
* Order Entry System-For Wolmanized lumber and chemical plants consisting of transmitting releases, creating bills, and generating invoices.
* Project Management System-System consisting of tracking and phases of the project including function point analysis.
* Customer Price Book System-Standardized customer pricing and established price book methodology.
* Technical Data Sheet System - Standardized the formula compliance reporting to the customer.
* Certificate Of Analysis System - Standardized the Quality Control reporting to the customer.
* Developed Corporate Intranet - Designed intranet utilizing CICSO routers and ISDN connections and Netscape to tie 16 plant locations throughout out Europe and the United States.
* Salesman Reporting - Designed online real-time systems for salesman to retrieve sales data and call report sharing.
* Product Labeling System-Designed & programmed product label system.
* Project Management System - Implemented a project management system to aid the research and development department in controlling customer projects.
* Batch Manufacturing Process-Re-designed batch ticket process.
* Quality Control-Implemented quality control system and certificate of analysis tracking system.
* Sales Trend Analysis-Designed & implemented sales trend analysis reporting system.
* Salesman Budget System-Designed salesman budget report system.
* Menu Security System-Designed menu security system to protect cost & profit information.
* Weighted Average Costing - Implemented weighted average costing methodology via the purchasing to control inventory cost of raw materials.
* Server Email and File Sharing System
* Cost Savings Initiative – Streamline
* Corporate Website Design and Implement
* Online ordering PHP forms and coordinated PAYPAL interface
* PNC Active Pay system
* Featured in Computer World and Netron Re-Cap Letter in reference to Netron COBOL generation and development of payroll and order entry systems.
* Traveled extensively to install and maintain software at 12 plant locations.
* Received letters of appreciation from company executives for outstanding effort and work
* Successful in businees acquisition Valresa (Valencia,Spain.
* Product labeling, barcode and RFID
* Converted company to product online pricing matrix system
* Install and Maintain Corporate Servers
* Create Corporate Website
* Install AllenBradley PLC systems in Manufacting Facility
* Cost Saving Initiative “STREAM LINE “ Company Processes (saved $500,000 /yr)
* Coordinated joint venture communications between sales locations (Brazil, Thialand, Italy)
* Implemented PNC Active Pay systems.
* Implemented EU compliance systems for Global Harmonized Systems (MSDS&LABELING).
* Implemented online CDP system for automated backup of PC’s and Exchange Server
* Upgraded Corporate ERP system
* Coordinated 10 million dollar acquisition from Chicago to Pittsburgh.
Previous Work Experience:
* Alle-Kiski Rape Center, Pennsylvania (1993-2001)
Position: Personal Consultant
* Three Rivers Bank, Large, Pennsylvania (1977-1978) Computer
* Busy Beaver Company, Clairton, Pennsylvania (1976-1977)
Position: Computer Operator
* Koppers Company Inc., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (1977-1987)
Position: Manager Systems and Programming
* WERCS regulatory compliance software
* Deacom V23 v26 and .4
* Dell Sonicwall CDP Backup Systems * Microsoft Exhange Server 2010
* Dell Sonicwall Firewall Setup * Dell Soniwall Firewall
* Payroll (INFOR/INFINIUM) * IBM AS 400 iseries power 7
* Accounts Payable (INFOR/INFINIUM) * Dell Blade Servers (ESX, VCENTER)
* General Ledger (INFOR/INFINIUM) * VM Ware versions 5 and 6
* Order Entry Invoicing (INFOR/INFINIUM) * HP Printers
* Project Manager (INFOR/INFINIUM) * Datamax Label printers 4” and 8”
* OSHA/MSDS (WERCS) * Symbol Barcode Scanners (Wave Link)
* Manufacturing (INFOR/INFINIUM) * Pc’s and Laptops (repair and Program)
* Laboratory (INFOR/INFINIUM) * Allen Bradley PLC’s (PLC5)
* Credit/Accounts Receivable (INFOR/INFINIUM) * Berenfield Visometers
* Quality Control (INFOR/INFINIUM) * Xrite color selector
* Purchasing (INFOR/INFINIUM) * AT&T smart phones (exchange)
* Barcoding (TL ASHFORD) * DL4000 Dell Backup APPASSURE
* RJS Software (Auto emailing, spool file reporter, auto faxing)
* T.L. Ashford Label Sofware(Thermal printer)
* ALLEN-BRADLEY PLC5 ladder logic, panel view
* Windows 3.0, 3.1, 95, NT, 98,XP, Vista
* HTML, Scripting, CSS, DHTML
* JAVA Script
* INFOR (INFINIUM) Business Applications
* Office 2002,XP
* Netron (COBOL Generator Micro VAX)
* LINC (Burroughs)
* LIRC (Burroughs)
* DM5 II Usage (Burroughs)
* Murphy’s SPC/SQC Software
* Subfile Programming RPG(III, IV)
* COBOL (TI)
* QLII Fax