San Jose, CA ■ 408-***-**** ■ email@example.com ■ www.arselanalvi.com/ www.linkedin.com/in/arselanalvi/ Java Developer completing BS in Software Engineering. Seeking full-time Entry Level Software Engineer position specializing in Web Development and OOP.
• Knowledge of modern techniques in software engineering, information security, and web development.
• Experienced with database design and cloud storage using MySQL, SQLite, DB2, and AWS (EC2).
• Great at solving complex technical problems using troubleshooting, testing, debugging, and algorithm design. EDUCATION
BS in Software Engineering, Expected May 2019
San Jose State University
• Courses in data structures & algorithms, software engineering, databases, web design, computer architecture, computer networks, information security, server-side programming, object oriented programming, operating systems.
• Completed projects in gaming development, full stack web apps, social networking website design. SKILLS & TECHNOLOGIES
Operating Systems: UNIX/Linux, iOS, Android.
Dev Tools: J2EE, Jenkins, Git, Tomcat, Java Swing, openFrameworks/OpenGL, phpMyAdmin, JDBC, JUnit Testing. PROJECTS
"Aurora" Image Marketing Social Network Site - https://github.com/arselan95/ImageSite
• Developed full stack social networking website where users can post, buy, and sell images. Members receive points when they upload images. Earned points used as currency to buy images.
• Built frontend using HTML, CSS, Bootstrap. Contributed to backend development with PHP based server side back- end and MySQL database .queries.
“Foresite” Demand Forecasting using Neural Networks - https://github.com/arselan95/Foresite
• Developed website that makes prediction based on data provided using LSTM demand forecasting system. Used system to predict amount of views a website can aggregate on a certain day, given user’s data over a period of time.
• Built complete system using Gunicorn, Nginx, Django, SQLite. Designed LSTM with Keras/Theano and Anaconda2 for Python. System works by feeding CSV data from text file to calculate prediction. Cafe Mocha Coffee Shop Management Site - https://github.com/arselan95/Cafe-Mocha
• Project Supervisor for 3-member team. Contributed to backend development and testing using JDBC and MySQL. Developed in Jenkins and Git.
Space Invaders Video Game - https://github.com/arselan95/Space-Invaders-2D-Arcade-Game
• Developed version of classic 2D arcade game using C++ and openFrameworks.
"Munchies" Online Shopping Website - https://github.com/arselan95/Munchies
• Developed online grocery shopping website using J2EE and JDBC as back-end and Apache Tomcat server. Plagiarism Checker - https://github.com/arselan95/Plagiarism-Checker
• Built Java anti-plagiarism application which scans file and compares with original file based on number of words. WORK EXPERIENCE
Teaching Assistant, Math Department, San Jose State University Sept 2016 – Present
• Grader, tutor, and work shop facilitator for Calculus I-IV, Numerical Analysis, and Scientific Computing. Achieved grade improvement for 100% of students tutored.
Won 2nd Prize in public speaking contest for speech on Scientology at Mission College.