Nashua, NH *****
I am a Business Person with years of experience in, Distribution, Health Supplements, Hospitality Industry and Non Profits. I worked in a variety of accounting positions, including Staff Accountant, Credit Specialist, Accounts payable, Accounts receivables and Audit. I am able to apply problem solving skills, handle high-pressure situations, adapt to changing situations and maximize efficiency while minimizing costs.
Highlights of Qualifications and Expertise
* Bachelors Degree in Business Studies.
* Strong background in Finance, Accounting, Business Practices and IT.
* Ability to work independently or in a team
* General Ledger Including Month-End and Year-End Closing
* Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow analysis
* Budgeting and forecasting and Inventory Control for multiple locations
* Sales and Use tax expert, with power of attorney in all states
* Computer skills include: All Microsoft Office Products, QuickBooks Pro, Peachtree, Paychex, Quicken, Crystal Reports, Visual Basic, ATX / Kleinrock Total Tax Office, Opera, OnQ, M3 Accounting.
Doubletree, Nashua NH August 2016-Current
Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable/Cashier
* Accounts Receivable including collections
* Daily Revenue reporting to Corporate
* Disbursing Cash and Petty cash, full Cycle Payables.
* General Ledger & Month end close
* Inventory Control Including Payables, Month end Counts and reconciliations, Item costing.
NH Catholic Charities, Manchester, NH January 2010 – October 2013
Sr IT Technician
* Maintained and audited Organization’s computer inventory for month end, costing and depreciation.
* Created Policies and Procedures in regards to computer usage and network security.
* Created a new ticketing system to ease the work flow within the organization.
* Troubleshooting problems and scheduling repairs.
* Budgeted and forecasted the connectivity project between remote locations and Headquarters.
* Oversaw the connectivity between the remote locations and Headquarters.
Holiday Inn, Portsmouth NH March 2008 – January 2010
* Audited the guest ledger for the day.
* Created P&L for the daily activity.
* Posting of the room rates and taxes.
* Prepare Occupancy rates, Average daily rates, and revenue per room.
* Helped guests with any problems they may have throughout the night.
* Inventory Control, Including month end counts and reconciliations
* Daily Payables processed
Directech / Directv, Nashua NH October 2007 – February 2008
Consultant Satellite Installation Tech
* Installed all forms of satellite systems from Basic to High definition
* Troubleshot complete systems
* Upgraded older systems or basic systems to high definition systems.
* Wired all systems with RG 6 Coaxial Cable and grounded to NEC code.
Ideal Health Inc, Byfield MA October 1998 – May 2007
Staff Accountant reporting to the CFO
Provided responsible leadership for the day-to-day financial running of the business.
* Developed and presented summary financial reports daily to the owners.
* Registered the company for sales and use tax in all states and territories.
* Tax preparation and filing of all Monthly, Quarterly and Annual sales and use taxes.
* Had power of Attorney in all states regarding taxes and oversaw all state tax audits.
* Maintained Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
* Processed all Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Payroll
* Performed all Inventory control including forecasting, lead times, receiving and purchasing
* Performed month-end and year-end closing functions including reconciling all balance sheet schedules.
* Processed all 1099's for our Independent contractors and filed with the IRS at Year-End.
Achievements: Devised and implemented a complete new General ledger system.
* This new system brought tighter controls and clearer reporting resulting in a better bottom line.
AIPB: American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers
SBCA: Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association
Bachelors Degree in Business Studies.
Open University, London UK
“Really energetic and efficient, Brendan has an eye for detail and the necessary agility to do some smart and effective multitasking. Brendan is a very productive person to have in the team”. – Pankaj Dutt CPA, Former Controller of Ideal Health and now CEO of Pantheon Advisory.