NANCY I. ROSE
LinkedIn Profile for Nancy Rose
Contract, Compliance, Procurement, Legal, IT, HR, RE, & GSA Professional with transactional, negotiation, drafting, training, advisory, analytical, & facilitation skills in dynamic, public, private, domestic, & global environments
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Robust, strong generalist & commercial transaction specialist with a track record of proactive, proven, progressively responsible, often competing priorities with international, corporate, government, & law firm experience in high-volume, high-energy environments; acquisition of all professional services, construction, & technology contracts; willing to waive into any US jurisdiction or study & sit for another bar exam with sponsorship; Certified Agency Buyer
• Analyzes, negotiates, & drafts commercial transactions, minimizing cost, risk, exposure, liability, & indemnification; expert, cradle-to-grave grant/contract drafting, & management; flexible, inquisitive, adaptable; embraces change readily; skilled in settlement, class action claims’ analysis, mediation, arbitration, litigation; comfortable with ambiguity; quickly gains confidence, trust, & respect with pragmatic approach & strong persuasive/coaching skills; addresses problems & responds effectively to resolve issues; conducts research, discovery, depositions; supports outsourcing, offshoring, global supply chain, & businesses engaged in development, marketing, & distribution through multinational distribution networks.
• Manages collaborative business arrangements, possesses detailed understanding of functions & operations of governmental agencies & corporate activities with government (all armed forces, DoD, DOJ, FBI, CIA, DVS, DHS, FAR, DFAR, CFR, T&M, FFP, CPAF, CPFF, GWAC, IDIQ), IT, telecommunications, software licensing, procurement, insurance, T&E, IP, HR (EPHI, PII, EEOC, CFR, ADA, COBRA, FMLA, OSHA), healthcare (HIPAA, HITECH, EPHI, PHI, Stark, Anti-Kickback), construction, real property, marketing, outreach, hospitality, transportation, aviation, maritime, rail, grant/cooperative agreements.
• Highly effective, clear communicator, team- & relationship-builder; thinks & acts strategically, tactically, & proactively with high-profile contracts to ensure defense & optimization of commercial & contractual provisions who excels in dynamic, demanding environments, while remaining strategically focused & practical; excellent organizational aptitude.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, SpringCM, SAP, Cognos, Advantage, PeopleSoft, Docusign, Adobe Sign, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, & WordPerfect; highest degree of integrity & ethics, supported by flawless record of confidentiality.
• Self-motivated; driven to succeed with strong interpersonal & negotiation skills; demonstrated expertise in public speaking, training, facilitating, & supporting complex, deadline-driven operations; exceptional problem solver, collaborative business partner; comfortable navigating complicated, nuanced issues.
• Utilizes excellent legal & business judgment with outstanding multitasking & time-management skills to balance efforts & constraints; results-oriented, highly competent professional with rare work ethic; ability to ask clear, concise questions that often involve complex technological, legal matters & get requisite answers.
GSA / Contract Manager, Counsel
Avid Technology, Inc., Burlington, MA (100% Remote) 2/2016 – Present
• Expert transaction drafter, facilitator, & negotiator of approximately 200 diverse contracts monthly, who reports to Deputy General Counsel, & excels in cradle-to-grave management, while leading & developing domestic & international staff of five.
• Exceptionally collaborative business partner with offshoring, outsourcing, sales & marketing, & guide commercial transactions (i.e., SaaS, PaaS, SLAs, software subscriptions and licenses, cloud computing, storage, SOWs, SLAs, sales, prime, subcontract, ERP, leases, loans, reseller/managed services, technology partnerships, data centers, procurement, marketing, guarantees, MOUs, NDAs, HR, insurance, channel partner and distribution, OEM/custom hardware sales, IFF reports, etc.).
• Strong government experience, tracks and fulfills ongoing GSA Schedule IT 70 requirements, labor category review, scope evaluation, technical evaluation of plans, independent government cost estimates, task order closeout, contract monitoring; programmatic, financial, and compliance reporting; modification preparation, interfacing closely with contracting officers.
Senior Contract Negotiator/Developer
Enterprise Technology Services Business Group, Plantation, FL 8/2012 – 1/2016
• Highly skilled negotiator who coordinated complex contracting/compliance principles, terms, and conditions of strategic IT contracts for hardware, software licenses, support, professional/managed services, SaaS, subscription agreements, cloud storage and deployment, and ERP for Broward County government up to $55 million; drafted diverse documentation; recommended compromises while using best practices in business-partnering to analyze, mitigate, and reduce risk, cost, exposure, liability, indemnification; increased value-added services.
Counsel, Assistant Director Contract / Compliance
National Forensic Science Technology Center, Inc., Largo, FL 11/2010 – 5/2012
• Counseled staff, management, and executives on contractual issues, procurement requirements, and interpretation of commercial law; reviewed diverse business matters to minimize exposure, risk, liability, and indemnification; ensured compliance with OJP, NIJ, BJA, OJJDP, CIA, FBI, DHS, USCG, GSA, DCMA, DoD, CFR, FAR, DFAR, ITAR, EAR.
• Analyzed responses to RFPs/RFQs; negotiated, led program management, and financial and performance audits of transactions of prime and subcontracts up to $6.5 million; liaised with customers for contract issue-resolution.
• Saved approximately $150,000 in outside counsel fees by providing in-house counsel and legal services by drafting diverse legal instruments; negotiated and managed contracts; created library of ADA-accessible document templates; analyzed best practices for memorializing legal obligations; conducted company- and department-wide contract/compliance training.
Entertainment Law Counsel, Theatrical Contract Specialist
Penguin Productions, Inc. (Television and Film Production), New York, NY, & Los Angeles, CA 1/2010 – 12/2014
• Drafted, reviewed, redlined, negotiated, administered, managed, and closed out all contracts for projects and signatory production folders, claims, financial assurances, and specific correspondence, while creating SOPs, building working relationships, and liaising with signatory and financial assurance business representatives.
• Consistently maintained open communication for optimal customer service with producers, attorneys, studios, agents, etc.; proactive problem solver with performer and stakeholder concerns in television and film production; kept owner abreast of progress, workflow delays, etc., for process efficiency and effectiveness.
Counsel, Director of Contracts
Beckwith Electric Co., Inc., Largo, FL 10/2008 – 12/2009
• Solely responsible for Beckwith’s acquiring GSA procurement contract for OEM’s electronic protection, controls, motor bus transfer systems, synchronized systems for generators and intertie synchronizers, and engineering systems; administering GSA contract; saved approximately $100,000, adding to bottom line, in outside counsel fees by providing in-house legal services, documentation drafting, contract reviews; minimized exposure, risk, liability, and indemnification while negotiating, structuring, and drafting contracts for purchase and sale of goods and services up to $25 million.
• Expertly evaluated and negotiated all commercial facets of domestic and international contracting from RFQ to contract close-out; initiated internal, pre-contract discussions; reviewed terms and conditions; communicated contract requirements to organization; monitored performance for compliance; supervised development and administration of contracts and policy.
Vendor Relationship Manager and Management Analyst – Contracts
Pinellas County Utilities Board of County Commissioners (BCC), Clearwater, FL 8/2002 – 9/2008
• Mentored and facilitated vendors’ relationships, employees, created contract review process in cross-functional task-teams; reduced redundancy; analyzed work-flow; streamlined business processes, resulting in consistent, accurate, legally binding, enforceable obligations with greater productivity, accuracy, efficiency, transparency and accountability; recipient of two Customer Service Awards for Excellence.
• Created non-procurement due-diligence policies, training aids, and employee manual with abilities to instruct, investigate, document, develop, and implement; posted all on BCC intraweb with subsequent adoption by in County’s Administrative Directives.
• Managed, created, and published approximately 100 County agenda under strict deadlines with consistent, accurate information and improved work product and public record under the Sunshine Law; drafted documentation and reviewed diverse departmental submittals; conducted agenda preparation classes; trained/mentored more than 400 employees.
Assistant General Counsel/Chief Negotiator
Debis Financial Services, Inc., Clearwater, FL 2/1996 – 7/2000
• Engaged in all contractual areas, including negotiating contracts, promissory notes, guarantees, letters of credit, loans, leases, security instruments, and mortgages for secured transactions up to $100 million, while leading staff of up to eight documentation specialists and contract administrators.
• Added approximately $100,000 annually to Debis’ bottom line by providing legal services; negotiated, analyzed, and audited outside counsels’ bills for errors; minimized exposure by retaining, working with, and managing domestic and international counsel for repossessions, foreclosures, bankruptcies, litigation, settlement, corporate governance, and compliance.
• Effectively implemented and conducted internal documentation, training, and audit policies and procedures to monitor compliance with corporate standards; training, implementation, and mentoring resulted in an increase in documentation conformity and correctness from approximately 55% to nearly 95%; received two Excellence in Customer Service Awards.
• Successfully minimized exposure, risk, liability, and indemnification by counseling management and staff relative to assessments of complaints; developed strategies for defense of legal actions; advised on contract, compliance, leasing (construction and medical equipment, aviation, marine), IT, IP, bankruptcy, workers’ comp, real property, HR/employment, admiralty, UCC law, and domestic, international, financial, secured, and unsecured transactions.
Juris Doctor, Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, CT; Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain; Class Rank: Top 25%; Honors: Excellence in Oral Advocacy, Moot Court; Excellence in Clinical Work; Superior Classroom Performance; Outstanding Class Participation, Business Organizations.
Master of Arts, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA; Graduate Classes in Linguistics
Bachelor of Science, Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT; Magna Cum Laude; Major: Spanish for Secondary Education; Minors: German and Education; Honors; Dean’s List every semester; first in university’s history to condense 4-year curriculum into 2-1/2 years.
Proficient in Spanish; Florida Notary Public (Commission #GG186173, expires March 26, 2022); Passed State Bars in New York, Connecticut, and Florida at first sitting; Member of Federal Bar of U.S. District Court of Connecticut.