*** ****** **. ** ******. TN 37086
A computer scientist with management and technical skills that are easily transported between different industries and working environments, backed by several years’ experience as a software engineer. Possess unique ability to enter into new environments, learn quickly and begin to produce clear cut results. PROFESSIONAL
EXPERIENCE Security Engineer
Community Health Systems (CHS)
March 2016 – April 2018
• Create and manage user roles in Novell Identity Manager (IDM)
• Provisioning users and group objects in Active Directory using Active Roles Server (ARS)
• Managed user accounts in various server vaults using Apache LDAP.
• Monitor and review network traffic and Firewall rules using Panorama on CHS firewalls.
• Supported clinical applications like Cerner and Medhost in all 126 CHS hospitals
• Maintained user access to financial data in AS400 systems.
• Assisted developer in maintaining an inhouse software used to visualize data in IDM, provision access and generate reports.
• Managed user requests using ServiceNow to meet Service Level Agreement
• Generate SSL certificates
IT Security Administrator (Team Lead) Feb 2015 – March 2016 HP Enterprise Services/TennCare
• Train clients on software, web-based applications, and other applications.
• Create/Add/Remove Active Directory groups.
• Respond to high volume ticketing issues expediently on a daily basis.
• Provide technical support for 3 corporate entities (HP, TennCare, and 200+ Affiliated Healthcare Providers), estimate of 5,000+ employees.
• Review mass quantity requests for accuracy of access level and process requests, expediently and precisely.
• Maintain ID Management.
• Prepare offsite backup tape deliveries and pickups.
• Monitor systems for security violations and vulnerabilities and report abnormal activities and/or issues to system managers and/or to clients.
• Protect sensitive system files and resources, and auditing and analyzing security-relevant events.
• Contribute to engagement planning and ensuring product/deliverables meet contract/work plan.
• Audit log reviews in TennCare Interchange
Senior Systems Administrator and Applications Support / MIS Manager Mar 2013 - April 2014
Golden Pride Savings and Loans
• Served as the Management Information Systems Manager from August 2013 till departure from the organization
• Setup a User Acceptance Test (UAT) environment for selection of a banking application.
• Served on the committee that was tasked to select the software to be used in banking operations.
• Helped design and build the entire IT infrastructure of the organization.
• Maintained and supported the main banking application.
• Helped configure and deploy the Active Directory and SharePoint Servers.
• Managed the Organisations Active Directory and SharePoint Servers.
• Tested, planned and deployed approved changes to the main banking application and IT infrastructure.
• Trained staff on the use of all applications used in the organization.
• Maintained and supported the Oracle database of the main banking application.
• Generated required reports from banking software
• Helped design and implement a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for the organisation.
• Helped deploy and supported accounting software used in the organization (Sage Accpac)
• Supervised the monitoring of the security cameras of the entire organization
• Provide first line support to users.
• Worked within the framework of the organisation to enforce all IT policies and procedures. Senior Systems Administrator and Software Developer Jan 2012- Feb 2013 Mineworkers Union Support Scheme – AngloGold Ashanti.
• Designed, developed and deployed a software for managing member funds, with withdrawal constraints and interest calculations using Visual C#, MS SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Maintained and supported the SQL database for all applications.
• Developed and applied patches to improve functionality of software applications
• Tested and evaluated all applications before being approved for use.
• Implemented approved changes to the main application (Loan Performer)
• Maintained all computer software and hardware systems of the organization.
• Looked for opportunities to improve the business and established strong customer relations, seeking out opportunities for additional sales with new and existing customers Software Developer Nov 2010-August 2011
AngloGold Ashanti Mining Company
• Developed a fully functional application for AngloGold Schools to manage teachers and students and to generate student terminal reports.
• Managed the licenses of all commercial software and shareware.
• Generated reports from the AS/400 and SQL server databases on demand using Cognos report Writer and Microsoft Reporting Services and Crystal Reports.
• Maintained computer software and hardware used all AngloGold staff. FREELANCE Payroll and Employee Management System Aug 2012
GABS Civil Engineering Works
• Developed a fully functional payroll and employee management system
• Designed, developed and deployed a software for managing member funds and Loans, with withdrawal constraints and interest calculations using Visual C#, MS SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) EDUCATION Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
University of Science and Technology (UST)
Aug 2006-May 2010
• Java (2 yrs) • HTML (3)
• SQL (5 yrs) • PHP (1 yr)
• Visual Basic (2 yrs) • C++ (2 yrs)
• Windows 7 (5 yrs) • AS400 mainframe (4 yrs)
• Linux (2 yrs)
• MS SQL Server (7 yrs) • Crystal Reports (2 yrs)
• MySQL (3 yrs) • MS Project (3 yrs)
• MS Reporting Services (4 yrs) • Adobe Photoshop (1yrs)
• Visual Studio (9 yrs) • DreamWeaver (1 yr)
• Visio (1 yr) • Remedy (6 months)
• Microsoft Active Directory (3 yrs) • Serena (6 months)
• SharePoint (3 yrs) • Microsoft Office (12 yrs)
• Team Foundation Server (1 yr) • Oracle DBMS (2 yrs)
• Microsoft Exchange Server (8 months)