Brookhollow Mist Ct. Houston, TX. 77084
Product Manager, Technical Lead and Coatings Specialist with +20 years’ experience in Coatings Formulations and Chemicals Marketing/Sales for the following Industries: Protective, Marine, Heavy Industrial, Industrial Maintenance, Architectural, Rail, Automotive, Refinish and Oil & Gas. Chemicals Marketing/Sales Manager providing leadership and guidance to Account Representatives to ensure all activities alignment with the management plan. Maintaining and growing direct accounts and distribution within territory and obtaining new accounts within the assigned territory. Technical Support with excellent relationship with customers. Testing, applications, manufacturing and Quality Control. Deep understanding and practice on Industrial Safety. Knowledge of elements of the products from conception to grave. Critical thinker, reliable, responsible, organized, and always goes the extra mile for the job.
- Managing multiple projects of varying priority and technical difficulty
- Ability to supervise, work in multifunctional teams. Teamwork and leadership
- Safety oriented.
- Develop compliant formulations as per customer needs. Worked with ISO and ASTM Test Methods
- Very outgoing and determined. Quickly adaptable. Excellent interpersonal Relations. Interact with customers and suppliers. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer Skills: Windows, MS Excel, MS Access, Power Point, Outlook, Batch Master, Product Vision/ Slide Rule (formulating tools), Internet
- Excellent command of the English language, including oral and written comprehension skills
AKZONOBEL LLC. / International Paint, Houston, TX. 03/2006–04/2018
R&D Technical Team Manager
- Develop and Manage formulations for Protective and Marine Coatings: Epoxy Primers Anticorrosive, Acrylic, Polyurethane Top Coats, Acrylic-urethane, Polyaspartic, high solids, solvent borne, waterborne, low VOC and HAPS Free, DTM and others. Manage coating projects from conceptualization to end.
- Product Launch/Market Share Captured: Developed product lines and focused the team on product performance. Delivered 100% success on all projects and doubled new business sales growth and established significant North American market share. These new products facilitated more revenue and other global business units adopted the new technologies.
- International Technology Scale Up: Tasked to identify and globally commercialize technology platforms for key customers, meet specifications for regulatory, supply chain, and scale up for manufacturing. These global technology platforms fueled a 50% increase in sales and profitability over the next 4 years and elevated the standard for other international business objectives.
- Process Optimization: Improved technical trial success. Reduced cycle time of new business growth. Created and implemented a Stage Gate product launch, this delivered 100% success projects and doubled new business sales growth the first year, Other global business units adopted this process.
- Customer, vendor and manufacturing support, equipment maintenance, development of Materials and products specifications that increased the customer’s satisfaction.
BRADLEY COATINGS - Gavlon Industries, Houston, TX. 08/2002–03/2006
- Product Innovation: Extensive work on Direct-to-Metal for Marine and Protective Coatings (alkyds, epoxies, acrylics, polyurethanes, polyesters, polyaspartic), primers, clears, high solids, solvent borne, waterborne, pigment dispersions, low VOC, HAPS Free. Tasked to develop products under tight time lines to counter a competitive threat, within weeks, launched and commercialized the new products. This new technologies exceeded customer expectations and ultimately enabled the successful retention of the businesses.
- New R&D product development for Marine and Protective Coatings, and existing product improvement: investigating/generating alternatives, raw materials evaluations, laboratory analysis, leading factory experiments and material testing.
- Manufacturing Excellence: Created a new technology and methodology for the manufacture of liquid coatings to improve quality and reduce cycle time and waste. This technology and methodology was implemented throughout the Coatings Group.
- Customer Service: Product application development, customer service by technically supporting new, existing and modified products. Interface with manufacturing, QC and sales.
OAKITE, C.A. Venezuela. 2000/2002
Chemicals Sales Manager
- Chemicals Sales Manager for: Oil Industry (Upstream, Downstream, Oilfield Chemicals), General Maintenance (Cleaners, Rust Inhibitors, Corrosion Resistance, Water Treatment, Paint Strippers, Lubricants), Industrial Products (Aluminum Finishing, Aluminum Processing, Abrasives, Buffing Compounds, Removers, Electro cleaners, Metalworking Fluids), Pulp and Paper, Food and Pharmaceutical (Cleaners, Lubricants, Sanitizers).
- Directed all facets of sales and marketing for this $45 million account. Successfully consolidating divisions and increased total sales up to 25% within a year.
- Sales growth and profitability for various business units. Created short and long-term strategies and plans for new products offerings and existing product lines, increasing revenues by $8 million.
- On-going market research, budgets, product positioning and performance, pricing strategies and forecasting, with a $5+ million annual savings achieved by restructuring sales force and product forecast.
HEAVY PARTS INTERNATIONAL, Inc. Tampa, Fl. 1997/2000
Sales / Marketing Specialty Chemicals
- Managed national accounts for Chemicals for the Oils Industry (PDVSA), Upstream, Downstream and Coatings Industries. This included all levels of interface with the customer, technical projects, commercial and business relationships.
- Increased product penetration up to 25% annually for 4 years against stringent allocation restrictions.
- Developed marketing promotional plans. Increased customer satisfaction from 50% to 95%.
- Open new marketing areas throughout the country.
- Personnel formation and administration.
PINTURAS MONTANA, C.A. Venezuela. 1995-1997
R&D Manager (Architectural, Automotive and Industrial Coatings)
- Coatings Development to Implementation: high solids waterborne electro coats, primers, high solids acrylic base coats and polyester clear coats for Architectural Coatings, Industrial and Automotive Coatings. Two-part, one-part UV cured adhesives, pigment dispersions, and miscellaneous coatings for the Automotive and Industrial Maintenance Industries.
- Assessment on acquisition of new products and technologies: Research and implementation of new OEM Automotive, Industrial and Industrial Maintenance accounts increasing profits in $25+ million overall sales.
- Accounts launched: various enamels accounts for electro coats, powder paints, corrosion resistance coatings, high and low bake enamels for various industries such as: automotive, marine, aircrafts, appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, kitchens, etc.), air and oil filters, shock absorbers, drums, pails, thin cans, interior protection for cans. These new accounts grew territory revenues from $5 million to $15 million in a 2 years period.
DUPONT, C.A. Venezuela. 1984-1995
- Coatings Development/Implementation: formulations of coatings for the Automotive, Refinish and Architectural Industries: Primers (epoxies, polyesters, water based, medium and high solids, corrosion resistance, high, medium and low bakes), Topcoats (Acrylic, Polyurethane, Acrylic-urethane, Monocoats, Base Coats and Clear Coats, medium and high solids), Pigments Dispersions, Flexible Acrylic Primers air dry and flexible polyester low temperature thermosetting primers for plastic parts, Flexible (low bake) Base Coat/Clear Coat System for auto-plastic parts (bumpers, fascia, trim, wheels flare) and other miscellaneous products.
- Customer, vendor and manufacturing support, equipment maintenance, development of Materials and products specifications.
- Manage coating projects from conceptualization, experimental design, material procurement, formulations, sample production and scale up, testing, quality control, evaluation and record keeping, which successfully increased the company’s total profit to a 45%+.
- Technical Assistance to Automotive and other Industrial Plants on their products performance, equipment, improve quality, costs, and end-use performance. Technical application support to personnel and anticipation of potential product performance by tests designed to minimize risks of
performance issues, with savings of $11+ million.
- Customer, vendor and manufacturing support, equipment maintenance, development of Materials and products specifications, that increased the customers satisfaction from a 55% to 100%.
- BE in Chemistry. Tulane University. New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Pre-Engineering. University of San Francisco. San Francisco, California.
- Bilingual: Fluent: English-Spanish.
- US Citizen.