A seasoned professional project, portfolio and PMO Manager, who is contagiously passionate about the profession and its direct impact on a company’s success. Skilled and experienced in the analysis of business needs and the implementation of technology solutions that improve quality, reduce cost, and satisfy business requirements. Experience includes all aspects of project management including: PMO operation, pipeline project evaluation and selection, standardized methodology framework, creation and maintenance, managing technology projects using a practical application of sound PMI-based techniques, and project manager coaching and mentoring. Commitment to the alignment of technical projects and programs with strategic, business goals and objectives. Specific skills and experiences include:
PMP CERTIFICATION from the Project Management Institute
ITIL FOUNDATIONS CERTIFICATION from Hewlett Packard
DATA CENTER INFRASTRUCTURE knowledge and experience (mainframe through distributed & cloud)
PMO AND PROJECT METHODOLOGY creation, implementation and training
PROJECT AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT (PPM) TOOL implementation experience
PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE of information technology & security projects
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION BRANCH AND OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT experience PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
PMPARADIGM, INC., Woodstock, GA 05/2008 - Present
PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTING FIRM
President & Managing Director, 05/2008 - Present
• Provide expert consulting on all project management needs from managing projects and programs to the implementation of PMO's, project methodologies and/or enterprise project portfolio management tools. HEWLETT PACKARD, INC., Alpharetta, GA, 03/2017 – Present R&D IT Merger Project Manager, 03/2017 – Present
• Provide expert project management consulting for R&D IT integration of the Samsung Print acquisition. Technologies included: AWS Cloud Computing, Networking, System/Process replacement & standardization. CHILDREN’S HEALTHCARE OF ATLANTA, Atlanta, GA, 08/2013 – 09/2016 Information Security Project Manager, 08/2013 – 09/2016
• Provide expert project management consulting for information security projects, including firewall, IDS/IPS and web content filtering implementation, complex password enforcement, Active Directory cleanup, and PCI compliance remediation.
THE COCA-COLA COMPANY, Atlanta, GA, 03/2012 – 8/2013 Project Manager, 03/2012 – 08/2013
• Provide expert project management consulting for data center migration and information security projects. EMC, Duluth, GA, 03/2011 – 03/2012
Senior Project Manager, 03/2011 – 03/2012
• Provide expert project management consulting for storage implementation, migration and upgrade efforts. Manage storage migration projects for EMC’s client, AT&T. Hosts include Solaris, HP-UX and AIX. ELECTRONIC ARTS, Redwood City, CA, 07/2008 – 12/2010 Vendor Management Office Project Manager, 02/2010 – 12/2010
• Responsible for ensuring that all vendor and contract management systems and processes are implemented. Infrastructure Stability Program Manager. 07/2008 – 12/2008 MANAGE MULTI-PROJECT, MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR PROGRAMS FOR THE INFRASTRUCTURE STABILITY PMO.
• Responsible for two programs in the Infrastructure Stability effort. Online Track concentrated on the infrastructure adequacy for delivery of online games, while the Process track involved the implementation of IT Service Management (ITIL) concepts and practices. JAN ANDREW CASAZZA, PMP ITIL MCTS 678-***-**** 701 TRICKUM VALLEY DR., WOODSTOCK, GA 30188 CITISOFT, INC., Boston, MA 01/2008 - 04/2008
BUSINESS AND SYSTEMS CONSULTING FIRM, FOCUSING ON INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT. Management Consulting Associate
PROVIDE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CONSULTING EXPERTISE.
• Performed due diligence on an outsourcing/offshoring and thought-partnership proposal between an India-based global provider of IT services and a Milwaukee-based provider of IT services to the financial services industry.
• Performed detailed research on client's products, services and competitive marketplace to prepare in-depth business analysis and forecast of the thought-partnership's potential, as well as feasibility and planning for the outsourcing and offshoring process for over 5,000 positions across multiple product lines. SUNTRUST BANK, Atlanta, GA 1996 - 2007
U.S. REGIONAL FINANCIAL HOLDING COMPANY WITH TOTAL ASSETS OF $180.3 BILLION ON JUNE 30, 2007. Vice President & Manager of the Infrastructure Portfolio and PMO, 2003 - 2007 ADMINISTERED PORTFOLIO OF TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS, PROJECT MANAGERS AND RESOURCES.
• Controlled, analyzed and reported on the portfolio of projects and resources for the Technology Infrastructure division, resulting in a significant improvement in on-time, on-budget project completion.
• Performed structured evaluation of enterprise project and portfolio management (PPM) tools including: Microsoft Project Server, Primavera, Niku, Planview, and other top contenders. Led the implementation of pilots for the top two systems: Microsoft Project Server and Primavera. Installed Microsoft Project Server and trained management and staff. Subsequently implemented Primavera including training of management and staff.
• Directed system implementations and conversions as Data Center Strategy Manager, managing programs and projects to consolidate and move data centers and implement disaster recovery for mainframe, midrange and distributed applications and infrastructure.
Vice President & Senior Project Manager of Technical Services, 1999 - 2002 MANAGED TECHNICAL SERVICES PROGRAMS, PROJECTS, PROJECT MANAGERS, BUSINESS ANALYSTS AND RESOURCES.
• Pioneered structured project management methods for all mainframe and midrange projects, all of which were completed on time and on or under budget.
• Directed the IT infrastructure component of two major bank mergers (Crestar and N.C.F.), resulting in a flawless integration of the environments that was seamless to the customers. Conversions involved heavy business analysis and systems consolidations in mainframe, midrange and distributed applications and related infrastructure.
• Customized existing application development methodology, separating the SDLC components, and implemented the resultant streamlined project methodology in the IT infrastructure division, including training. Assistant Vice President & Project Manager of Branch Automation Deployment, 1996 - 1999 MANAGE AUTOMATION AND TRAINING DEPLOYMENT PROJECT TO ALL SUNTRUST BANK BRANCHES.
• Successfully managed, on time and under budget, $60 million branch automation project to deploy new customer service systems and processes to over 800 branches in Georgia, Tennessee, Florida and Alabama. Deployment included new hardware (workstations, servers, network equipment) as well as software (new teller and platform systems and operating systems), training and support.
• During the three-year deployment, managed the business analysis efforts involved in defining, coding, testing and implementing three major releases of the application software, using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Responsible for the design, creation and implementation of the “I-Lab,” where integration testing of all branch applications is still performed today.
JAN ANDREW CASAZZA, PMP ITIL MCTS 678-***-**** 701 TRICKUM VALLEY DR., WOODSTOCK, GA 30188 HUDSON VALLEY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION, Poughkeepsie, NY 1986 - 1996 FORMERLY IBM POUGHKEEPSIE EMPLOYEES F.C.U., A FULL-SERVICE U.S. CREDIT UNION WITH TOTAL ASSETS OF OVER $2 BILLION. Vice President of Branch Administration, 1991 - 1996 DIRECTED THE OPERATION OF A RETAIL BRANCH NETWORK, WITH 12 BRANCHES AND 17 FULL-SERVICE ATM’S.
• Initiated continuous improvement projects for new branches, systems, processes and procedures.
• Successfully managed business analysis and resultant conversions of ATM and Branch Operating systems.
• Installed networks and workstations in all branches and trained all branch management and staff.
• Interfaced branch systems with central mainframe FCS accounting and general ledger systems.
• Assisted in the implementation of the Information Center, the credit union’s customer service call center unit.
• Managed team to design new credit union processing and branch operating systems using technologies from Fiserv
(CBS) and Microbilt (On-Line Financial). Project involved requirements definition and business analysis, through design, coding, testing and implementation.
Vice President of Operations, 1986 - 1991
DIRECTED THE DEPOSIT ACCOUNT OPERATIONS, CHECK PROCESSING AND PROCEDURE & TRAINING DEPARTMENTS.
• Created central credit union procedure and training department.
• Instituted the check processing, proof and transit, federal direct deposit and ACH processing areas; all projects had positive ROI within one year.
• Originated and implemented projects to install, customize and test systems and re-engineered processes in consultation with vendors such as IBM, Burroughs, G.G. Pulley, the Federal Reserve Bank and the New York Automated Clearing House. All projects positively impacted either productivity, revenue generation, expense reduction, or a combination of all three.
• Successfully implemented HOGAN software as Project Manager of the Deposits system conversion. The Credit Union (along with Pentagon F.C.U.) was the first financial institution in the world to implement all HOGAN systems simultaneously, positioning the organization for sustained, substantial future growth. FORMAL EDUCATION
Advanced Masters Certificate in Project Management - George Washington University Bachelor of Science: Accounting - University of Connecticut, Minor in Computer Science CONTINUING EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS Project Management Professional Certification
ITIL Foundations Certification
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist – Managing Projects with Microsoft Office Project 2007 Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist – Enterprise Project Management with Microsoft Office Project 2007 PMI Continuing Education including Leadership, Agile/SCRUM methodologies and Communication seminars Conway Quality Management – Philosophies & practices of Dr. W. Edwards Deming (predecessor to Six Sigma) Northeast CUNA Management School – Three-year program covering all aspects of Credit Union Management