Mohammed S. Alam, PharmD
Licensed Pharmacist with 9 years of professional work experience, including working at a leading national drugstore chain and a top ranked medical center, providing both inpatient and outpatient pharmaceutical care. Extensive experience in overseeing pharmacy operations including customer service, profitability, inventory control, and compliance with regulations and policy and procedures, and leading and directing pharmacy staff. Well-developed skills in filling and dispensing prescriptions, patient counseling, interacting with prescriber and multi-disciplinary health care team, and planning, organizing, and directing the work of pharmacy staff. Dedicated leader with excellent communication skills and a proven track record of success developing and implementing strategies and processes that contribute to improving pharmacy performance and metrics. SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
• Customer Service
• People Leadership
• Communication (Verbal and Written)
• Patient Counseling
• Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
• Pharmacy Management
• Workflow Management
• Time Management
• Team Building
• Conflict Resolution
• Inventory Management
• Problem Solving
• Microsoft Office
WALGREENS Desoto, TX
Pharmacy Manager July 2017 – Present
• Responsible for maintaining and providing exceptional customer experience. Resolve customer issues in a timely and satisfactory manner.
• Coach, train and develop pharmacist and pharmacy technician to optimize performance and to improve overall operational excellence and pharmacy metrics.
• Establish and implement procedures and strategies that enhance workflow efficiency of the pharmacy and reduce errors.
• Ensure pharmacy operates in accordance to regulations, company policies and standards. Maintain accurate and required pharmacy records.
• Perform pharmacy asset protection activities and oversee inventory management.
• Analyze performance data including pharmacy financial, customer service, and inventory. Review them with management team and pharmacy staff. Identify pharmacy trends and opportunities and implement meaningful solutions to drive growth and improve pharmacy performance. WALGREENS New York, NY
Pharmacy Manager June 2010 – June 2017
• Oversaw the operations of the pharmacy department including customer service, profitability, inventory control, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and company policy and procedures.
• Performed retail, clinical, and wellness services such as immunizations, health screenings (blood pressure), and medication therapy management services (MTM). Provided Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services using Mirixa and Outcome.
• Coordinated and conducted numerous flu clinics during flu seasons to exceed seasonal flu shots quota.
• Prepared, maintained, and submitted all records, reports, and other documentation as required by regulations and company policy and procedures to run the pharmacy business.
• Supervised prescription filling and dispensing process in a timely and accurate manner.
• Earned pharmacy management bonus for meeting and/or exceeding pharmacy goals and metrics for several years in a row.
MONTEFIORE MEDICAL CENTER Bronx, NY
Pharmacist March 2011 – November 2011
• Operated the outpatient pharmacy as a sole pharmacist during hours of operation and provided outpatient pharmaceutical care for the hospital’s employees and their families.
• Verified medication orders for accuracy and appropriateness and performed interventions when necessary.
• Provided drug information to the hospital’s multi-disciplinary health care team.
• Prepared, compounded sterile and non-sterile preparations, and dispensed medication orders for inpatient
(including NICU patients).
KMART PHARMACY White Plains, NY
Pharmacy Manager August 2009 – June 2010
• Oversaw the overall operations of the pharmacy department and the performance, development and training of the pharmacy staff.
• Provided patient-centered care, including counseling on prescription and non-prescription pharmaceuticals, medication therapy management, immunizations, and provider collaboration.
• Earned pharmacy management bonus for increasing prescription counts and sales, and for improving company’s key metrics.
ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY Queens, NY
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), Cum Laude, May 2009
• The National Dean’s List (2003-2004), Dean’s List (2004-2009), Member of Rho Chi Society
• GPA 3.65/4.0
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION
• Licensed Pharmacist in Texas, Oklahoma, Alaska, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, and New York
• Pharmacist Immunizer Certification through American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
• Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR/AED) through American Red Cross