Ambitious Chef with 20 years of hands-on experience working in the food and hospitality industry. Excellent leadership and communication talents with the ability to manage a team of 50 kitchen staff. Adept at menu creation and execution.
● administrative support, approach, cost control,
Engineer, finance, Inventory, Purchasing,
● Effective trainer
● Courteous, professional demeanor
● Ability to plan menus
● Training and develop new team players
● Wine knowledge
● Strong work ethic
● Committed team player
● Customer service oriented
● Spanish fluency
● Food safety procedures
Chef De Cuisine, 04 /2018 to Current
Epiphany Farms, Fine Dining – Normal, IL
● Oversaw the preparation of creatively-designed recipes for Epiphany Farms.
● Created menus and designed corresponding recipes for Epiphany Farms
● Ensured meats were properly cut in a timely manner.
● Completed finishing touches such as garnishes on dishes before final delivery.
● Demonstrated genuine hospitality while greeting and establishing rapport with guests. Executive Chef, 02/2016 to 04/2018
Radisson Hotel – Normal, Illinois
● Member of the opening team of the hotel, Engineer and created all the hotel menus.
● Trained and develop all the employees Responsible for the finance of the kitchen.
● Incorporated customer feedback in the experimentation and creation of new signature dishes.
● Hired, trained and managed all kitchen staff, including employee development, issuing disciplinary action and conducting performance reviews.
● Oversaw and directed kitchen staff of 34 and individual position assignments.
● Inventoried food, ingredient, and supply stock to prepare and plan vendor orders. Bloomington, ill- Food Service Director, 11/2013 to 01/2017 Westminster Village
● Responsible for all food production, Including preparation for all independent living, Skilled Nursing and Assisted living, food purchase, specification and recipes, supervising all kitchen staff
● Purchasing, Inventory, Developing & Cross-Trained new employees, Developed and implemented restaurant style food A Master of ala carte food preparation Hands - on approach to the daily tasks.
● Compass Group/ Morrison Senior Dining Executive Chef/ Food Service Director, 11/2006 to 04/2013 Westminster Place, Evanston, ill
● Develop new account, food cost control, Implemented new menus, Consult all aspects of the culinary industry.
● Responsible for the entire kitchen operation.
● Design all menus, Catering menus, provided administrative support to the region. Executive Sous Chef, 03/2002 to 04/2006
The Capital Grille, Fine Dining Steak House Restaurant – Lombard, IL
● Member of the Opening Team, Create an Exceptionally distinctive guest experience. Education
Associate Degree: June 1991
Washburn Culinary School - Chicago, Il
REFERENCES: Available upon request
Bilingual Fluent in Spanish
● American Culinary Federation (ACF): [Executive Chef
● OSHA certification: Food Handling
● Food Managements Certification
● Mclean Multicultural leadership Program Graduate 2016