Program Director, Service Delivery / Project Manager
Project management professional with over 30 years of IT experience in the areas of project management, Agile, Waterfall, LAN/WAN, training and support, e-mail, and security. Skilled in designing infrastructure and implementing technology to support large user groups, supporting users at corporate headquarters as well as multiple remote locations, and effectively managing budgets in excess of 250 million dollars as well as staff.
Proven ability to translate business needs into technology requirements that support the company's business objectives and to successfully manage all phases of IT projects from needs analysis and requirements definition to vendor selection, implementation, and training. Project Management, Resource Management, Account Management, Vendor Evaluation, Innovative IT Initiatives, Client Relations, Strategy & Execution, Troubleshooting/Resolution, End User Support. TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Platforms: Windows, NT, 2000, Linux, UNIX, Apple
• Applications: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS Project, Maximo, SAP R/3, SAP S/4 Hana On Prem, SAP S/4 Hana Public/Private Cloud, SQL Base, Oracle Ebusiness Suite, FOXPRO, Lotus Notes, Tivoli, Websphere MQ, HP Tools, Nexus, Clarity, Primavera
• Languages: HTML, JAVA, C++, SQL, JCL, Visual Basic
• Hardware: Compaq servers, IBM servers, HP servers, Gateway servers, Firewall technology, Cisco routers, hubs, switches, voicemail, phone switches, Avaya, NICE loggers, BIG-IP, 3DNS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
VisionIT Oct 2011 – present
Program Director – SAP Practice June 2016 – present
• Directed all phases of multiple implementations of the S/4 Hana Cloud system and its interfaces with external applications.
• Senior Project manager on two implmentations of S/4 Hana Private Cloud (from Prepare through Run), overall scope included S/4 HANA Core Finance, controlling; Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Inventory Management, and integration to external systems. Utilized SAP methodology for deploying S/4 HANA and several of the tools including SAP Cloud Platform (SCP).
• Assisted in pre-sales activies including presentations, scoping, and pricing to potential clients.
• Negotiated deliverable agreements with new clients, including change requests.
• Supported ongoing improvement in the SAP Activate Methodology for the Cloud
• Managed bi-lingual staff in installation of the modules at multiple locations
• SAP Certified in S/4 Hana Cloud Solution Delivery and SAP Activate Methodology. Program Manager – Walmart Aug 2015 – present
• Engaged to replace the Enterprise Factory Portal and Supply Chain Transparency systems into one system for all of Walmart’s Food, Drug, and Pharmacy products.
Program Director, Service Delivery / Project Manager Page 2
• Overall responsiblty for the technical teams (VisionIT, vendor, and Walmart IT) assigned to upgrade the system.
• Directed requirements definition, vendor negotiations, design, testing, and implementation of the system and its interfaces with Walmart’s supply systems.
• Facilitate status, discovery, and escalation meetings with vendor, IT, and business management. Negotiated deliverable agreements for Walmart with the vendor. Effectively communicated status, proposals, plans, risks and issues to executive management of the bank and to client executives. Program Manager Topgrading October 2016 – June 2017
• Provided program and product management for the implementation of the new TOLS 3.0 system and the migraton from TOLS 2.5
• Providing program leadership on the development and implementation of the integration between TOLS 3.0 and Jobvite
• Facilitated status, discover, and escalation meetings with vendor, IT, strategic partners, and business management. Negotiated deliverable agreements for Topgrading with the vendor and strategic partners. Effectively communicated status, proposals, plans, risks and issues to executive management of the bank and to client executives.
Program Manager ConEdison January 2016 – December 2016
• Engaged to oversee the implementation of two sharepoint sites for the ConEdison Business Services division.
• Overall responsible for the technical teams (VisionIT and ConEdison) assigned to upgrade the system.
• Technical Project Manager for the project. Overall responsible for the technical teams (VisionIT, vendor, and ConEdison IT) assigned to replace the system
• Directed requirements definition, vendor negotiations, design, testing, and implementation of the sites. Program Manager – Comerica Bank Aug 2012 – June 2016
• Engaged to replace the loan systems for bank's $6 billion mortgage warehouse lending operations.
• Overall responsible for the technical teams (VisionIT, vendor, and Comerica IT) assigned to upgrade the system to ProMerit on .NET
• Technical Project Manager for the Mortgage Warehouse Upgrade project. Overall responsible for the technical teams (VisionIT, vendor, and Comerica IT) assigned to upgrade the system to ProMerit on .NET
• Directed requirements definition, vendor negotiations, design, testing, and implementation of the system and its interfaces with Comerica wires, demand deposit, loan, and GL systems.
• Supported Comerica's new Secure Transaction Zone (DMZ) with operational processes and technical definition as part of our implementation of ProMerit Mortgage Warehouse. Developed guides and flows to assist future implementations.
• Facilitated numerous status, discovery, and escalation meetings with vendor, IT, and business management. Negotiated deliverable agreements for Comerica with the vendor. Effectively communicated status, proposals, plans, risks and issues to executive management of the bank and to client executives. THOMAS KOCIK
Program Director, Service Delivery / Project Manager Page 3 Program Manager – Cisco October 2013-Decembert 2014
• Responsible for the project management of CISCO solutions to a wide customer base utilizing standardized project management methodologies.
• Project manager leading technical teams (VisionIT, Cisco, customer, and vendors) assigned to various infrastructure produts.
• Developed and presented project approach to customers executive leadership team
• Directed requirements definition, vendor negotiations, design, testing, implementation and knowledge transfer sessions.
Program Manager – Federal Mogul (Juarez Mexico) Mar 2012 – Feb 2013
• Engaged to implement SAP along the end-to-end logsitc and finance process in multiple plants in Juarez Mexico.install several modules of SAP in two Federal Mogul Mexico operations.
• Program Manager for a migration form a legacy ERP to SAP Sales and Distribution (SD), Production Planning (PP), Finance and Costing (FI/CO) with enhancements for local statutory accounting.
• Managed bi-lingual staff in installation of the modules at two locations, including a new installation at a second location purchased during the engagement.
• Directed requirements definition, temple alignment with corporate standards, design, and implementation of the SAP system and its interfaces with Federal Mogul corporate. Program Manager – San Diego Gas and Electric Feb 2012 – Oct 2012
• Engaged to oversee the project coordination, security build, IT Test, and support of non-IT test activities of an new SAP CRM solution
Infrastructure Project Manager – General Motors/HP Account Nov 2011 – Mar 2012
• Lead customer engagement to ensure that it meets all scope, time, and quality expectations.
• Planned, controlled and managed customer transition request
• Provided weekly GM & HP summary reports
• Held regular status meetings with HP program team
• Successfully mitigated conflicts and communication problems Genesis 10 Dec 2010 – Nov 2011
Technical Project Manager
• Consultant to Bank of America managing infrastructure migrations and implementations on projects ranging from $300,000 to $331,500,000.
• Coordinated both data and telecom projects across a wide variety of platforms and regions throughout all of Bank of America worldwide locations.
• Gather line of business requirements and translate to technical solutions providing benefit to Bank of America and their customers.
Program Director, Service Delivery / Project Manager Page 4 Advantage Technical Resourcing Oct 2010 – Dec 2010 Project Manager
• Short term contract with Hewlett Packard, Americas Region managing the implementation of the Tools Rationalizaton Project for the Latin American Region and a variety of other accounts across the Americas Region.
• Developed migration plans based on business functionality requirements to transistion legacy systems. Mt. Zion Feb 2002 – Oct 2010
• Project Manager for a three year implementation of a Christian College that will be a traditional college as well as online.
• Developed project plan and work break down structure in conjunction with teams in North America, Central America, and South America.
• Interfaced with state and local governing and accrediting agencies ensuring necessary compliance
• Responsible for the daily operation of Mt. Zion Christian School with an annual budget of $750,000.
• Met with new parents, dealt with daily issues surrounding the school. Implemented a student information system, implemented technology providing grade access for parents through the Internet.
• Taught a variety of computer and science classes to both middle school (6th - 8th) and high school.
• Developed procedures and policies for all aspects of school operation.
• Athletic Director, developing code of conduct for athletes, scheduling games and defining eligibility criteria.
• Responsible for ongoing support of Church Management System, including database maintenance, policy management, development of data mining tools, and data analysis. Information Systems, Resourcing Services Corporation (RSC) Feb 2001 – Feb 2002 Vice President
• Led team responsible for the strategic direction, implementation, and support of all information technology.
• Managed multiple projects designed to re-engineer customers' business processes and save money.
• Achieved savings of over one million per year through use of systems that were leveraged across multiple platforms and business organizations.
• Project manager for the development of turnkey solution for facilities management organizations that allowed organizations to leverage state-of-the-art technology for a fraction of the price.
• Project Manager for a Lotus Notes based Project Management Construction Database System for utilization in a hospital environment.
• Assisted in acquisition of new business and development of strategic sales plan.
• Managed transistion of technology and people from aquired business units into RSC. Developed transistion, training, and developmental plans for acquired personnel. Developed and implemented stratgies to migrate technogy and data to the new technology platform
• Managed teams responsible for call center and day-to-day support of all PC based software and hardware at multiple locations throughout the nation providing support to over 8500 employees across 15 locations. THOMAS KOCIK
Program Director, Service Delivery / Project Manager Page 5 Beaumont Services Company (BSC) Nov 1997 – Feb 2001 Director of Information Systems
• Responsible for the strategic direction and implementation of all information technology at corporate headquarters as well as six remote locations.
• Managed tranistion of technology and people from aquired William Beaumont Hospital into BSC. Developed transistion, training, and developmental plans for aquired personnel. Developed and implemented stratgies to migrate technogy and data to the new technology platform
• Project Manager for implementation of an Oracle based ERP system linking all areas of business organization with facilities management software (Maximo). System was linked to multiple sites across the nation through the use of a virtual private network.
• Project Manager for Y2K Readiness Project focusing on compliance and risk analysis.
• Project Manager for SMART system, technology to aide in the quick distribution of work requests from call center to seven remote locations.
• Implemented standardized systems across multiple sites resulting in over five hundred thousand dollars in savings in support and communication costs.
• Managed team responsible for call center and day-to-day support of all information technology at multiple locations throughout the nation providing support to over 700 employees across 7 locations.
• Negotiated support contracts with third party vendors. Electronic Data Systems Jun 1985 – Nov 1997
Advanced Systems Engineer/Project Manager
• Supported a variety of applications and networks from PC based to Computer Aided Design (CAD) based.
• Assisted with transistion to a centralized computer center, involving coordination amongst multiple sites, computer platforms, and buiness units.
• Developed utilities in various languages to support both CAD and PC users.
• Project Manager responsible for the implementation and support of the Consistent Office Environment for the General Motors Powertrain Division. Rollout included the implementation of a new network infrastructure, new desktop hardware, remote access capabilities, and the development of a Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Project Manager for future versions of the Consistent Office Environment for all of General Motors, including both the technical development and business process development. EDUCATION
• SAP S/4 Cloud Solution Delivery Certified
• 1992 Electronic Data Systems - Leadership Internship Training
• Electronic Data Systems - Systems Engineering Training Program
• Bachelor of Science in Math and Computer Science, Lawrence Technological University