Skills: Procurement/Sourcing, Supplier Performance Management, Budgeting & Resource Planning, Contract Negotiations, Inventory Control, Coaching & Mentoring, S&OP plan & execution
Ajinomoto Health & Nutrition, Raleigh, NC 2008-2018
Materials Manager 2014-2018
Associate Materials Manager 2013-2014
Supply Chain Management Supervisor 2008-2013
* Developed, implemented, & enforced sourcing strategies for raw, packaging, & semi finished goods to support production schedules with minimum cost to meet corporate profit & loss goals.
* Developed supplier scorecard to manage suppliers performance, which resulted non-disruptive supply to manufacture 10 years in a row and reduced back order by 20%.
* Led project team with QA to evaluate and select alternative suppliers to reduce $250K raw material costs annually.
* Led cross business units logistic project, negotiated contract with major carriers saving total $340K in logistics spending in 2017.
* Developed and implemented departmental KPIs for continuous improvements in material requirements planning to meet both internal and external customer's requirements. On time delivery improved from lower 80% to 93%.
* Collaborated with Sales, Production on Annual budget planning to effectively manage profit & loss for the business.
* Managed company investment in all categories of inventory to meet working capital target outlined by corporate.
* Led cross business units consolidation efforts to consolidate all distribution centers to Raleigh location. I researched, identified & reviewed potential locations, extended request for bid, negotiated and selected the location resulting overall operation efficiency improvements.
* Evaluated, selected equipment suppliers, awarded the bid for operating equipment cross different business units, negotiated maintenance contracts to leverage service quality and total cost resulting no down time on any of the operation equipment.
* Rolled out selected vendors list of office suppliers resulting less management efforts in SAP, reduced redundancy costs.
* Implemented inventory turn strategy to maintain optimum level of inventory without disrupting customer fulfillment and production delivery at point of use.
* Initiated, implemented, and executed Obsolete, Slow Moving inventory plan to reduce obsolete inventory by 50%.
* Managed production schedule/purchase team to convert demands into executable schedules to meet customer demand by optimizing production capacity.
* Managed production scheduling by improving MRP run in ERP/SAP to ensure highest on time delivery, minimize back orders & back logs.
* Led project of duty draw back program saving company total $80K in the first year of implementation.
* Developed and implemented SOP (Standard Operation Procedures) and ERP BPPs to optimize business processes to support company overall quality objectives and stay in compliant with cGMP, FDA, and other regulatory requirements. The department has gained the best practice reputation in the plant from many customers/corporate auditors.
* Managed CMO manufacturers for specific market and led risk mitigation efforts by closely monitoring material consumption and took preventative actions to minimize supply disruptions.
* Implemented physical inventory count procedures to ensure accurate inventory of finished goods, semi-finished goods, raw material, and packaging material. Inventory achieved 100% accuracy since I took the team.
* Implemented cycle count procedures to improve inventory accuracy on daily basis to minimize back order to both internal and external customers.
* Coached and mentored team members to perform quality work to meet the highest customer requirements. As a result, the department I managed won Presidential Award in 2013, 2015, 2016, & 2017.
* Conducted annual performance appraisal for 15 employees to motivate people to maximize individual contribution to the company bottom line.
* Designed employee training plan to achieve an agile organization to eliminate Production disruption duo to materials supply issues.
* Teamed up with Regulatory, Logistics to ensure all sourcing practices are in compliance with Import&Export laws, company policies, and regulatory requirements.
* Served as MM SME in cross-functional project implementing HUM project across the organization. The MM function in SAP performed the best across all modules in ERP/SAP system.
Teleflex Medical, RTP, NC 2005-2008
Buyer/Supply Chain Analyst
* Negotiated contract with strategic supplier to save more than $1Million over 3-year planning horizon.
* Initiated and proposed a new forecast model to reduce back order by 30%.
* Proposed inventory level model to meet on-time delivery based on different categories of products resulting 20% inventory reduction.
* Managed supplier performance by developing supplier key performance indicators, proposed alternative suppliers to mitigate risks of supply to meet customer demand.
* Collaborated with QA and Engineering under ISO environment to develop supplier performance by communicating non conforming report.
* Played active role in SAP implementation to support staff training, customizing reports, and validating BPP.
* Selected, Managed strategic suppliers to reduce costs by aligning with top suppliers in new product development cycle resulting 20% profit margin improvements.
Eaton Electrical, Selma, NC 2005
* Negotiated pricing with vendors to reduce production costs, managed established vendor management system in AS400 system. Managed Canban & vendor consignment process.
HeWang International, Thousand Oaks, CA 2003-2004
* Initiated and worked purchase policies by designing vendor selection program.
ABB Inc. Raleigh, NC 2001-2002
* Designed and helped implementing global lean manufacture training program
Education & Certificates
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Master of Business Management (MBA equivalent)– Supply Chain Management
APICS CPIM certified