Shiry Hassan is a recent graduate in Computer Sciences, eager to start an exciting career in software development. Her goal is to leverage the academic and hands-on training she received during her bachelor’s degree studies, as well as the numerous soft skills she developed during her military service. Her well-rounded background coupled with her reliability make Shiry an ideal candidate for a junior software development position or internship. SKILLS
• Linux / Windows platform
• Concurrency/Multithreading Programming
• Project Management
• Memory Management
• React, Matlab
• Java, C++, C, C#, Python, x86
Assembly, HTML, CSS, Angular,
• Communication (TCP/IP, UDP)
• Object Oriented Programming
• Meeting deadlines
B.Sc. in Computer Science, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev Beer-Sheva, Israel 2014-2018 Major projects included:
• Internal email/messaging system
o Coded a Whatsapp-like system for exchanging messages among networked computers. o Developed the server application in Java.
o Developed the client application in C++.
o System employed TCP/IP protocols.
• Simultaneous threading simulator for asset management – built a system which: o Keeps simultaneous threads in correct sequence.
o Synchronizes inputs from different users.
o Prevents system deadlock.
• Traffic control simulator
o Developed a system for optimizing traffic flow.
Additional Courses in Computer Science
• Introduction to Code-Motion Refactoring
o Learned the tools to get a code, reserve its
meaning, improve the code.
• Why & How to Protect my Information Assets
o Learned about Intellectual Property Rights.
o Designed a logo with legal protection by
• Multiprocessor Synchronization Algorithms
o Learned to adapt standard algorithms to solve
specific synchronization issues.
• Program Analysis and Verification
o Proved correctness of code, using various tools. o Both practical and theoretical learning
• Logical thinking required for software coding and systems development.
• Teamwork – projects were completed in groups, requiring contributions from all members. Shay Agnon High School Netanya, Israel 2006-2009
• Full Bagrut: Israeli national high-school matriculation qualification, comparable to NY State Regents’ Exams or ETS Advanced Placement test.
• Major (higher level studies) in Computer Science and Physics. MILITARY SERVICE
• Shooting instructor to infantry, officers and commanders. 2010-2012 o Appointed to this responsibility on basis of skill and aptitude tests. o Responsible for training groups of up to 30 on 8 sites and 4 weapon systems. Capabilities developed:
• Relating to range of people – military personnel are from all backgrounds.
• Time management – working with multiple groups in multiple locations.
• Independence and maturity – duties were assigned, then needed to be fulfilled independently, with consequences for others if not properly completed.
• Member of Israeli board surfing team at Junior World Championship of Surfing in France. o Developed perseverance and commitment to perpetual improvement. 2008