MUHAMMAD OMAIR SHAHZAD
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Professional with strong analytical, automation, troubleshooting and testing skills. Currently enrolled in the MBA program at University of Central Oklahoma (UCO). Have 5+ years of progressively Telecommunication and automation experience with Software Defined Radios, mainly focused on debugging RF interface issues, developing automated test and debug benches. I offer a distinguished career earmarked by accomplishments in leading and directing Telecommunication operations across broad disciplines, including Hardware and Software Testing, Instrumentation, Commissioning and Configuration of Radios and Radio networks, Implementation and Integration, Project management, Change Management, Fault Management, Performance Management, Strategic planning, SOP Development, and technology implementation, Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV). Possess strong leadership skills and team work.
• National Radio and Telecommunications Corporation (NRTC) June 2012 – Dec 2017
o Worked as Team Lead SDR project.
o Testing, troubleshooting and problem resolution of the RF interface of SDRs at unit level and PCB level using state of the art testing equipment from Rhode & Schwarz (R&S), Agilent, Marconi and Tektronix.
o Commissioning and configuration of Radio Networks (Military SDR). o Instrumentation of SDRs.
o Integration of Radio Network with other (external) IP based networks and Integration with other (external) hardware devices like encryption devices and other data devices.
o Link Budget Analysis for the RF link for a healthy network deployment. o Frequency Planning using indigenous Network Management System software for SDRs.
o Planning and Optimization of Radio Networks (Military SDR) using indigenous tools and hardware testing equipment like Agilent Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator (R&S), Agilent Network Analyzer etc.
o Ensure product quality by precise designing and use of automated test benches and using the solutions by National Instruments for factory functional and Electrical tests.
o Planning and monitoring of different projects involving SDRs using PRIMAVERA P6 tool and ensuring timely completion of the projects. o Maintaining ethical norms in the team and keeping track of project, evaluation and control by maintaining proper documentation.
o Coordination and frequent contacts with the international vendor and OEM for the smooth operation of the project.
o Accomplished trainer having trained the personnel on SDR project from my own firm and have created a team of my own. Have also trained 250+ customer personnel.
o Successful conduct of tests and trials with user local and international customers from defense industry that has led to huge sales and business generation. Past
• Advanced Computing and Engineering Solutions
April 2012 – June 2012
o Worked as a Junior System Integrator.
o Integration of Access control system to the Turnstiles and other entrance/exit points.
o Installation and integration of surveillance and security systems.
• Special Communications Organization (SCO)
Internship July 2011 – August 2011
o Practical introduction and understanding of the IGWE and SES, GSM, CDMA, SDH, SS7 Signaling and the IN.
• Center of Advanced Research in Engineering (CARE) Internship August 2010 – September 2010
o Developed a module of an application in C# using the window form application for Digital Surveillance, Control and Reporting System. ACHIEVEMENTS
• Won the Performance award for the years 2014/2015, 2015/2016.
• Member of Beta Gamma Sigma International Business Honor Society
• Member of Golden Key International Honor Society EDUCATION
Education GPA Subjects Year of Completion Institution MBA 4.0 General 2019
University of Central Oklahoma
MSEE 3.67 Electrical/Telecom 2017
University of Engineering &
Technology (UET), Pakistan
PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL TRAININGS
• Professional training on the production and testing of Software Defined Radios (SDRs) for one month from M/S ASELSAN, Turkey. The training aimed at troubleshooting techniques and use of test benches like National Instruments (NI), for the purpose of fault diagnosis mainly focusing the RF interfaces.
• Professional training on the PRIMAVERA software (A Project management software) from PPMI Complex, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Range Estimation of a V/UHF System
This research aimed at estimating the received RF signal power at a certain distance from where it is transmitted. Statistical approach was adopted to model the large scale propagation loss by collecting a vast data from the experimental methods and obtained the model equation using which the received signal strength of the RF signal can be estimated. Object Tracking Unmanned Ground Vehicle
This project mainly covered the areas of Image Processing in C++ and basics of Robotics like microcontrollers, programming and control of servo and DC motors, GPS, SONAR, and integration of other sensors like temperature. Other features include Collision Avoidance, Area Surveillance, Navigation using GPS.
• Efficient in MS Office, Primavera, MS Project, Gretl, C++ Programming, C# Programming, AutoCAD, MATLAB, .NET Visual Studio, Ansoft HFSS, Agilent ADS, TEMS, Network Simulator 2 and OpNet.