289-***-**** email@example.com https://www.linkedin.com/in/raymond-gordon/ INTRODUCTION
Driven, business oriented individual seeking to gain meaningful employment in the accounting sector. Striving to acquire my CPA designation within the next 3 years. EDUCATION
● 2016-2018: Trent University - Bachelor of Business Administration with a Specialization in Accounting with Honours
● 2010-2015: Carleton University
● 2006-2010: Sinclair Secondary School - Ontario Secondary School Diploma with Honours PERSONAL SKILLS
● Strong work ethic and attention to detail
● Flexible team player that excels in challenging and fast paced environments
● Takes pride in having high personal standards in quality of work
● Excellent communication skills developed through numerous case studies and group projects completed at Carleton and Trent University
● Proficient in critical thinking and problem solving
● Adept at learning new material quickly and applying it to day to day operations BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
(August 2018 - Present) Bookkeeper, Administrative Assistant
(CCR Renovations - Whitby)
● Produce project budgets and estimates.
● Prepare and process biweekly payroll.
● Ensure payables and receivables are assigned and posted correctly.
● Verify all incoming and outgoing transactions to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
● Assist Department Managers and the General Manager with financial and operational information.
● Coordinate projects and tasks with both manager and employees to facilitate optimal time utilization.
(2011 - 2018, May-August) Renovation and Design Assistant
(CCR Renovations – Whitby)
● Established high quality communication channels and relationships with employers and customers to ensure work was tailored to specifications.
● Assist in a wide range of renovation duties in an environment which requires a high level of attention to detail.
(2017, July-September) Cable Management and General Assistant
(CTV and TSN - Scarborough)
● Navigated an extremely fast paced work environment with confidence.
● Enhanced communication skills and team cohesion through engaging in regular team building exercises.
● Executed tasks and accomplished team objectives within a highly time-sensitive period.
(2008 - 2010, June-August) Warehouse Storage and Distribution Center
(A&A Marketing - Pickering)
● Conscientiously moved goods around the warehouse to proper storage areas
● Actively managed and motivated trainees to become productive employees.
● Planning budgeting & forecasting
● Financial statement analysis
● GAAP & GAAS knowledge
● Account reconciliation
● Canadian tax
● Accounts payables/receivables
● Bank statements
● Well-versed in Microsoft Office programs
(2017- Present) Team Manager of Men’s Hockey League
(IPSC Adult Hockey League – Town of Whitby)
● Ensure team payments are accurate and are collected and delivered in a timely manner.
● Represent the team’s interests and concerns to the league.
● Deliver league expectations and weekly updates to the players.
(2017 - Present) Community Care Durham, Whitby
(2017) CIBC Run for the Cure
(2006 - 2010) Amsterdam Boarding House - St. John’s Milliken Presbyterian Church Outreach program
References available upon request.