Leslie E. Watts
Cell # 210-***-****
• Over 20 years of Healthcare Industry Experience & Knowledge as a Medical Office & Records Specialist.
• Ability to communicate written & verbally with Management, Physicians & Public Relations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Outlook) Meditech, Emdat, EHR software.
Military Software; IPERMS/AHLTA/ DEERS
• Ensure all documentations, reporting and instructional activities are in compliance with all standards, competencies, policies, and guidelines with HIPAA.
• Exceptional Customer Service skills internally and externally.
• Self-Motivated, Time Management, Data Entry & Phone Etiquette Techniques.
Admitting/Outpatient/Triage Registrar, Bed Control Navigation for County & Trauma Hospital.
Treatment & Evaluation Case Coordinator for U.S Military Servicemen.
Retrieved Inpatient & Outpatient Medical Records; Transferred, Prepped, Scanned, Indexed & Analyzed files as a Health Information Management Technician.
Verified health benefits, check patients in & out, collect co-pays & deductibles, scheduling, confirmation calls
Human Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Terminology, Medical Abbreviations, CPT/ICD coding
2017-2018 Health Information Management Technician, HIM Dept, Cumberland Surgical Hospital, San Antonio, TX.
2014-2016 Document Improvement Medical Records Specialist, US Military Contractor (AMEED) San Antonio, TX.
2009-2014 Case Coordinator Manager, Lockheed Martin (QTC), San Antonio, TX
2005-2008 Claims Specialist II, Kinetic Concepts Inc (KCI), San Antonio, TX
2004-2005 Patient Registrar, Santa Rosa Downtown Hospital, San Antonio, TX
2001-2003 Front Office Reception/ Medical Records Floater, Charlotte Cardiology, Charlotte, NC.
1997-2001 Patient Registrar/Bed Control Navigator, UHS, San Antonio, TX
1995-1996 San Antonio College of Medical & Dental Assistants, Medical Computer Specialist-Diploma
CPR/AED Certified- 02/2020
Page 1 of 1