Resume of Cornelis Van der donk
Graphic & Multimedia Design
• I have over 25 years of creating graphical content using Adobe design programs and I am very familiar with Adobe Photoshop
• I have 5 years of print media graphic design and 25 years of web and application interface graphic design.
Web Design & Development
• I have 25 years of developing websites coding in HTML, ASP, CFM, PHP
• I am up to date on all Web 2.0 XHTML/CSS W3C standard site interface design and development
• I am current with all web development tools and use Adobe Dreamweaver CS4.
• I am experienced in the setup, customization and management of third party online application systems like Wordpress, Joomla, Magento and Shopify . Web Programming & Database Development
• I have 20 years of working with programming languages such as Perl and PHP
• For 15 years I have been doing custom PHP programming for CMSs, sales and marketing tools, and ecommerce applications
• I have extensive knowledge in mySQL database development and management Sales & Marketing
• I have over 25 years of web and technology sales and consulting experience
• I am fluent with many online sales and marketing tools such as CRMs, online accounting tools and affiliate management systems
• I have extensive knowledge in SEO and online marketing tools Infrastructure Experience
• Google Ads Fundamentals Certification
• Google Shopping Certification
• Google Video Certification
• Google Analytics Certification
• Google Digital Sales Certification
2015-18. = Online Business Developer / Adwords Manager • Connetik • Moncton NB. I was developing Wordpress websites utilising The Seven theme, setting up all Google properties like Search Console, My Business, Youtube, Adwords and Analytics, managed all monthly SEO and content updates and was the primary manager for all client Adwords accounts. Obtained Adwords Fundamentals, Adwords Shopping, Adwords Video certifications as well as certifications for Analytics and Digital Sales.
2012-15. = Web Developer • Freelancer • Amherst NS, Canada. I was working as a freelance web developer and designer that used ELance to find contracts.
2010-12. = Web Development Engineer • Paxiom Group • Montreal, Canada. I was part of a 2 person team developing all print, web design and web marketing for 3 companies within the Paxiom Group. Weightpack, Combiscale and Eagle Packaging.
2009-10. = Web Development Engineer • Confianza • Stockholm, Sweden. This was a 4 month contract to setup and program an advanced version of oscommerce and integrate the existing product and client databases into the new site.
2007-09.= Sales & Web Department Manager • Logobee • Montreal, Canada. I managed the web department of a graphic design studio. This involved managing the online and phone sales, website php programming and managing a team of graphic designers for website interface design.
2006-07.=Operations Manager • Shift Ctrl • Montreal, Canada. I specialized in ecommerce and payment applications development. My duties were to develop the ecommerce systems, sales support and manage a team of designers, programmers and technologists.
2005-06. = Operations Manager • Sola Solutions • Montreal, Canada. I developed an online government grant development system for the US market. My duties were to develop the system, sales support and manage a team of designers, programmers and technologists.
2001-04. = Web Development Engineer • Shift Ctrl • Margarita Island, Venezuela. I setup and managed online gaming services in Venezuela for 3 years. My duties included design and optimization of sites as well as the management of all servers and online services.
1999-01.= Web Development Engineer • e-lluminations • Montreal, Canada. I developed plans to integrate existing technologies into companies to better optimize their productivity. My duties included technical sales support, implementation documentation and the implementation process itself.
1998-99.= Operations Manager • MASC Internet • Montreal, Canada. I developed an online insurance quotation and transaction system for Chubb Insurance. My duties were to develop the system and manage a team of designers, programmers and technologists.
1997-98.= Multimedia Department Manager • Optimal Robotics • Montreal, Canada. I managed the multimedia dept which produced the touch-screen interfaces for the robots. My duties involved design of the interactive interface, DLL development and compiling, research and documentation and Jr Designer training.
1997-97. = Web Developer • Softimage • Montreal, Canada. I developed their catalog indexing system utilizing the first version of Microsoft Indexing Server. My duties involved design and development work and documentation.
1996-97.= System Administrator • Microtec Internet • Montreal, Canada. I developed CSR intranet for an ISP to better manage support calls. My duties involved systems upkeep and optimization as well as base design work.
1996-96.= Webmaster • TotalNet • Montreal, Canada. I managed all the corporate websites that were hosted by TotalNet. By duties involved design and development of corporate sites, client management and base system administration.
1993-96. = Web & Graphic Designer • Illumination Graphics • Montreal, Canada. I started this company. My duties involved graphic design and early web design. EDUCATION
1990-93. John Abbott College – Fine Arts
1994-95. Dawson College – Graphic Design
Languages:French – Reading & Comprehension, Spanish – Written & Spoken
I recently finished writing and had published (by Amazon) a book called Oma’s Story. It is my Oma’s (grandmother’s) life story as hand written by her and transcribed and structured into a book by myself.
The book can be found on Amazon.