Christopher R. Bartlett
Bowdoin, ME 04287
Seeking a role as a Project Manager utilizing my technical expertise and customer focused approach.
Business Development Manager, Nichols Portland, Portland, ME 4/2016-Current
• Won program for new-to-world product and delivered design, validation, and sourcing for every key milestone on time through launch.
• Worked with above customer to improve system efficiency by >20% leading to greater fuel economy and improved product life.
• Turned an inquiry into a gear from a new customer into a large value-added successful pump opportunity. Based on that success, two more additional programs are in development creating what could be the largest pump account in FY2022.
• Visited 8 customers, including 2 major OEMs, across 4 countries all leading to new business opportunities and successful prototype sales.
• Worked with 2 other BDM's in department to share resources and balance workloads of 3 engineers and 4 technicians across all development programs. Senior Design Engineer, Southworth Products, Portland, ME 7/2015-4/2016
• Design custom material handling solutions for customers worldwide.
• Tasked with providing Solidworks CAD models and drawings detailing electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic requirements for manufacturing and customer installation. Manufacturing Engineer, FlexEnergy Energy Systems, Portsmouth, NH 12/2014-7/2015
• Work closely with technicians to identify and eliminate the seven types of waste in the assembly of a machine with a 2,000+ part count.
• Launched Kaizen event at Final Assembly area to improve process time and utilize point of use tooling and Kanban replenishment systems.
• Utilized VA/VE skills to simplify assemblies and pull cost out where possible Contract Engineer, A.H. Mackenzie Design, Portland, Maine 10/2008-12/2014 Contract Manufacturing Engineer – Nichols Portland 10/2008-12/2014
• Redesigned the layout and flow of proposed production cell, reducing previously anticipated required labor by 40%.
• Of the 11 production line stations, provided unique mechanical solutions for 7 machines, and personally took 6 from design through fabrication and into production.
• Oversaw the production ramp from 50 pieces/shift to 400+/shift.
• Through Root Cause Investigation and Design of Experiment, took First Pass Yield of one product from 65-70% to 94-97% by identifying primary drivers of scrap rate Contract Project Manager/Design Engineer – Nichols Portland 10/2008-12/2014
• Managed multiple technicians and designers through product design and validation
• Designed, validated, delivered and installed patent-pending high pressure-low viscosity pump for major automotive OEM in Europe.
• Utilizing Design for Manufacturing/Assembly skill set, redesigned two pumps for full scale production
• Designed all testing equipment and contributed to fabrication and validation of test stands, and managed all product validation for customer Manufacturing Engineer Dev. Rotational Program, Pratt & Whitney 6/2006-1/2008 General Manufacturing Engineering Training: Two week GD&T course, two week Quality Course, Ergonomics, Print Reading course, Inspection Skills, hands-on machining course covering, milling, turning, grinding, inspection Manufacturing Engineer, North Berwick Parts Center, N. Berwick, ME 6/2007 – 1/2008
• Managed four employees during $500,000 Process Incidental Damage Project working towards reducing in-process damage during in-plant part flow
• Successfully automated full-time data collection job thereby doubling output of overhead position
Manufacturing Engineer, Rotors and Disks, Middletown, CT 6/2006 – 6/2007
• Developed software to track in-process offsets for better production control
• Reworked grinding operations for better flatness control and improved balancing results
• Led successful Kaizen team working toward point of use tooling and effective part flow through process simplification and elimination of unnecessary operations TRAINING/SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS:
Certifications: Green Belt Six Sigma Certification, University of Michigan Lean Manufacturing Certification
Engineering Skills: Kanban, poke-yoke, Value Stream Mapping, 5S+Safety, Takt Time, Kaizen. PFMEA, DFMEA, PPAP, APQP, Standard Design Process, Print Development, thorough GD&T knowledge, extensive material selection knowledge to satisfy application, broad inspection capabilities including extensive work with CMM.
Software Skills: Entire Microsoft Office product suite including Project, expert Autodesk Inventor CAD user including FEA analysis, Simerics PumpLinx CFD. PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS:
Thru-Hiked the Appalachian Trail 3/1/2008 – 7/25/2008
• Hiked the 2,176 miles from Springer Mountain, Georgia to Mt. Katahdin, Maine EDUCATION:
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester MA 8/2002 – 5/2006 Bachelor of Science, Manufacturing Engineering