ELLEN C. JUMA, BBA, CELL: 416-***-****
**** ****** ***** *****, ***********, ON L5M 5B$ E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OBJECTIVE: To secure a position in Accounting, Finance, Administration or Human Resources HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor in Business Administration, Accounting from the Philippines
• Computer Skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Simply Acctg., QuickBooks, Lawson
• A team player, flexible and have the maturity to deal effectively with staff and all levels of management; and all kinds of English learners with different levels of education, cultural background and social orientation
• Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively in a fast- paced environment
• Responsible and highly motivated, with great enthusiasm to learn new things
• Very personable with remarkable customer service skills
• Excellent organizational and management skills.
• Fluent in verbal and written communication skills in English with working knowledge of spoken and written Spanish
• Fitness Instructor: Delmanor Retirement Residences, Oct 2012 - Present Amica, Whitby, Sunrise Retirement Homes
• ESL tutor - specializing in teaching foreign trained professionals 2006 - Present OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Project Accountant - Sierra Systems Group, Ottawa Jan 2008 - June 2010
• Client Project Setup and Maintenance
• Liaise between project manager, project team and project accounting support
• Identify and communicate budget variances to Project manager
• Project Employee Time Maintenance; Subcontractor Set Up and Maintenance.
• Project Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable review, billing and processing
• Test and Update current Project Accounting Guidelines including obtaining all required contracts and addition of missing documentation Bookkeeper (Part-time) - Acupuncture Centre, Toronto, ON Jan 2006 - Dec 2007 ESL Language Consultant – Columbia Consulting Group, Taiwan Nov 2001 – Dec 2005
• Taught ESL to adults, business English to business people and other professionals in various fields Office Manager/HR/Payroll Administrator - Weston Produce, Richmond Hill, ON July 1990 – Oct 2001
• Handled computerized books; general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, to trial balance.
• Responsible for monthly and year-end closing routines; journal entries, schedules, account analyses and reconciliations.
• Handled all aspects of Accounts Receivable, credit and collection for 2 years, A/P for 3 years..
• Bank Reconciliation.
• Administered and managed 15 commercial units in a plaza. Page 2of 2
ELLEN C. JUMA, BBA CELL: 416-***-****
5272 Forest Ridge Drive, Mississauga, ON L5M5B4 E- MAIL: email@example.com
• Reconciled and prepared monthly remittances.
• Handled payroll of approximately 150 employees.
• Maintained /updated employee files and responded to employee queries and other personnel issues.
• Administered and managed employee benefits, WSIB, health and safety committee
• Developed Pay Equity program
Intermediate Accountant - Honeywell Limited, Toronto, ON 1980 - June 1990
• Assisted in the preparation of financial statements – Corporate Reporting Group
• Coordinated and controlled month-end and year-end closing routines.
• Prepared month-end/year-end journal entries, schedules and required reports.
• Maintained, analyzed and reconciled major general ledger accounts, bank reconciliation
• Maintained lease-type sales, receivables and deferred income of maintenance contracts.
• Prepared revenue by province report for tax purposes.
• Prepared cost transfers to and from various departments.
• Handled special projects as assigned by Accounting Manager. EDUCATION:
• Health, Fitness and Nutrition Consultant Diploma (Honors) - Everest College, North YorK - April 2012
• Bachelor in Business Administration, Major, Accounting - Silliman University, Philippines 1974 CERTIFICATES/TRAINING:
• Certified Older Adults Fitness Specialist Can Fit Pro (OAS), Toronto, ON July 2012
• Chikung/Qi Gong Certificate, Toronto, ON March 2006
• TESOL Certificate (Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages) Toronto, ON August 2001
• Achieved the 3rd level of Certified Management Accountants – Canada 1998
• Have taken the Canadian Securities Certification Course 1995 REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST