David J. Wu
Brooklyn, New York • 917-***-**** • email@example.com
City University Of New York - Hunter College
B.A. Computer Science, Minor in Mathematics, GPA: 3.2 May 2018
Speedipigeon File Sharing Web Application October 2018
● Developed REST API with Node.js and Express.
● Established a connection between React and Node.js to access API endpoints on the front end.
● Used AWS S3 API to GET and POST files to S3 bucket.
● Deployed application on Heroku using Git and Heroku CLI. Capture Note and Reminder Mobile Application May 2018
● Designed system architecture, UX flowchart and wireframes prior to development.
● Implemented React Native lifecycle methods to receive data from other components and update components.
● Modeled and created database functions on Realm local storage for CRUD functionality.
● Created a user interface to navigate through rendered notes.
● Features push notifications and a experience system as a motivational factor.
● Successfully tracked progress and collaborated effectively using Github and an Agile Scrum approach. National Basketball Association Database May 2018
● Worked in a team to create ER diagrams and a mySQL database hosted on a Digital Ocean Virtual Machine.
● Used Kaggle.com as our data source and wrote a Python script to create and insert data into the database. Zaggy Mobile Game July 2017
● Created a script to randomly generate elements of the game map.
● Utilized colliders, triggers and physics to dictate the behavior of the objects.
● Built using Unity Game Engine with C# scripts.
SYEP at Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Intern - Front End Web Developer July 2015 - August 2015
● Redesigned the Stroke Departments website hosted on WordPress.
● Fixed alignment errors of text and images with CSS.
● Optimized web performance by making changes to large image files increasing load time. SYEP at CPC Beacon Summer Day Camp, Brooklyn, NY
Teacher’s Aide July 2014 - August 2014
● Coordinated classroom activities, events, field trips and projects.
● Provided tutoring to students in Math and English. TECHNICAL SKILLS