SINCLAIR WILLIAMS, JR.
Summary of Qualifications
Professional strong leader and team builder, with excellent communications, problem solving skills, training and development with the ability of providing assistance to a cross section of social groups. Self-motivated, dependable, results driven, team leader and team player,
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel.
Awards and Achievements
“President Leadership Institute Participant-2007” Greenville Tech. College, Greenville SC
“Counselor Service Award 2005,” Berea College, Berea KY, for Outstanding Service to Students. Increased and accomplished affordable enrollment into the liberal arts college.
“Unsung Heroes Award 2004”, Greenville Technical College, Greenville, SC, for Outstanding Service to Humankind. Achievements through mentoring, advocating leadership while helping others in community services.
American Security, Greenville, SC March 2015 – Present
Security Officer (Greenville Memorial Hospital)
Operated detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas
Wrote reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment and property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, and unusual occurrences
Promptly investigated and reported problems, and collaborated with local law enforcement when warranted
Maintained and organized daily shift duties
Assisted with emergency situations including providing safe landing zones for helicopters
Observe activity and traffic in assigned area to enforce Hospital rules/regulations.
Respond to emergencies which might involve combative patients.
De-escalated potentially violent situations
Executed emergency procedures in a highly efficient manner
Maintained a reputation for customer service excellence
New Jerusalem Baptist Church, Greer SC March 2000 - Present
Initiated and created the “Men of God Conference” and “Annual Men’s Retreat” to empower men
Supervise and organize all aspects of the annual events, cost effective budget, plan logistics,
Create and process forms for registration, invoices, assemble conference materials, packets.
Motivational Speaker on education, leadership, and self-esteem.
U.S.C. Upstate School of Nursing, Greenville, SC January 2010- September 2010
• Recruited and advised 110 an associate degree in nursing/enrolling into the RN-BSN Program.
• RN to BSN students evaluated academic transcripts and advised students on coursework.
• Maintained an accurate candidate tracking system
• Handled incoming and outgoing correspondence, including mail, email and faxes
South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitations, Greenville, SC July 2007 - July 2009
• Interview individuals referred for vocational rehabilitation services.
• Evaluate work skills and capacities.
• Referred clients to Vocational Rehabilitation Workshop, and Job Placement.
• Assisted clients in finding work by counseling and teaching job seeking skills.
• Solicit jobs openings from local employers
• Monitor progress of clients through conferences with, supervisors, trainers, etc.
• Complete periodic summary reports to keep referring sources informed.
• Recruited and referred clients to other agencies for job placement.
Greenville Technical College, Greenville, SC Sept. 2000 - June 2007
Student Support Service Coordinator
• Advised and assisted at least 350 Student Support Services (S.S.S.) Project Participants
• Coordinated and conducted tours of Four-year college campuses.
• Assisted SSS participants with admissions, financial aid, scholarships applications.
• Enrolled over 1700 students and advised in the projects tutoring component.
• Created presentations using Microsoft Power Point
Lander University, Greenwood, SC Aug 2002 – Dec 2002
Adjunct Professor, Lander University, Greenwood, SC Fall of 2002/ Personnel Management in the Public Sector. University Center of Greenville
Webster University, St. Louis MO
MA Human Resource Development
North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC
B. A., English\Media Journalism