RATAN KUMAR CHINNI
New York University - Tandon School of Engineering, New York May ’19 Master of Science in Computer Science GPA: 3.6/4
Relevant Coursework: Cloud Computing, Foundations of Data Science, Big Data, Databases Honors: 25% Academic Scholarship based on merit
GITAM University, Vizag, Andhra Pradesh, India June ‘17 Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science GPA: 8.5/10 Relevant Coursework: Operating Systems, Introduction to Data Analytics EXPERIENCE
Backend Developer (Intern), Big Apple Buddy, New York June ’18 – August ‘18
• Used REST APIs of different stores like Amazon and BestBuy to scrape product information and build a dynamic store catalogue which included setting up a custom category hierarchy.
• Set up infrastructure for order fulfilment and built internal tools to keep track of overseas quoting team, shipping data and catalogue data utilizing Python, Django, PostgreSQL and multiple APIs like Zendesk, FedEx, etc.
• Developed unit test cases to help speed up the deployment process on AWS Elastic Beanstalk. Software Engineer (Intern), Tata Consultancy Services, Hyderabad, Telangana, India May ’16 – June ’16
• Collaborated with the SAP Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) team of over 150 members to write SQL commands and extract data from their central contract database. ENTREPRENEURIAL EXPERIENCE
Co-founder, www.geekysplash.com, India August ’14 – Present
• Write tech articles and maintain a tech-niche blog which garners over 50k unique monthly visits. Also involved keenly in key negotiations, directing workflow and SEO tactics.
• Currently engaged in a long-term relationship with ASUS mobiles to review their products. ACADEMIC PROJECTS/CONTRIBUTIONS
Open-source Amazon Simple Product API: Python September ’18 –Present
• Contribute to the open source Python wrapper class. Add two minor functions to extract more product information and update a defunct function.
• Built a basic job-finder website Jobster, as a team of two. Open to both companies and students, Jobster allows companies to post job announcements and receive applications, and students to build their profile, interact with other students, apply to jobs and follow companies to receive notifications. Stock Analysis: R, MariaDB, MySQL February ’18 – March ‘18
• Used R to extract information of three stocks of user’s choice, performed basic data exploratory and determined the best stock to invest in, based on polynomial regression. Twitter Recommender System: Python, Jupyter Notebook November ’17 – December ‘17
• Used Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) on an existing dataset to generate sets of the most similar users. Unique identification of nodes in social media: C++, Python, Twitter API November ’16 – March ‘17
• Led a team of four as we extracted data from Twitter using Twython, a Python skin designed specifically for Twitter and identified the most similar node in the considered node’s distant network. SKILLS
• Member, Graduate Student Council (GSC), NYU September ’17 - Present International Student Inc. (ISI), NYU September ’17 - Present
• Participated in several and won 5 district and state level chess tournaments over the last 8 years.
• Top 5% of over 100,000 people who qualified for the second round in CodeVita, an International coding competition by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).