Profile Joseph is a hardworking, industrious, and ambitious individual looking to add value and
promote growth within a hospitality management role with a passion for marketing. Experience Seafarers International House - New York, NY Front Desk Supervisor -July 2012–Present
• Manage a team of front desk employees
• Answer all incoming phone calls, transmit and receive messages via fax, emails, social media platforms.
• Greet and extend courteous assistance to guests with professional and appropriate expressions when addressing guests.
• Verify customers credit and issue room keys, once form of payment and photo identification is established.
• Active role in listening to and recording guest comments or complaints, involving management as necessary. Ensure appropriate steps are taken to anticipate guest needs and resolve them promptly.
• Answer inquiries and assist in making reservations pertaining to hotel services.
• Enter guest reservations into property management system and accurately segmenting reservations into the appropriate category using selling strategies and revenue management to close out sale and up sell the hotel.
• Provides qualitative customer relationship management and service by reviewing satisfaction with stay, accuracy of guest folio, and invites guests to return during checkout process.
• Compiling, gathering, collating or classifying information about data, guests and process by reporting or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the information is frequently involved.
• Assist and escort guests to their registered rooms to provide room orientation.
• Monitor accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Perform bookkeeping activities such as balancing cash accounts and guests charges.
• Train staff on fire drills and inspects standpipe/sprinkler are functioning properly.
• Empowers staff to participate on more engaging and enriching levels with customers.
• Network with national and international affiliates for business growth
• Assist with cashier functions.
• Handle invoices for groups and large parties.
• Complete checks to ensure all accounts are current and comply with standards established by the Accounting and front office policies.
• Acquainted with different points of interest surrounding the hotel, New York City tours, restaurants and attractions.
785 Dekalb Avenue, Apt 3F
Brooklyn, NY 11221
Financial Guide Extra - Lagos, Nigeria
Portfolio Manager – February 2009–November 2011
• Managed a 100+ client account portfolio with customized investment guidance
• Created databases to record information with up to date market activity
• Conducted research on financial statements to determine which companies would yield optimal profits
• Led client presentations for more than twenty stock broking firms
• Maintained positive client interaction through emails and mandates
• Prepared Investment Committee presentations that thoroughly evaluated all relevant project risks and identified proper resolution strategies
• Consulted with clients to delineate and analyze their financial situations
* Developed strategic solutions to further clients’ financial-planning goals
• Maintained expertise to aggressively build a solid client base and drive revenue growth
• Fostered knowledge of and experience in leveraging investment instruments in complex scenarios
• Trained new employees in leadership and team-building skills Education
Coursera- (currently enrolled) 2018
Data driven decision making
Cornell University - New York, NY
Master Certificate in Hospitality Management (Focus on Marketing) – October 2018
• Excelled in courses surrounding the study of Revenue management, Sales and Marketing, Branding and Strategy, SEO/SEM, Ratio analysis/finance, Team leadership, and Restaurant management.
University of Maiduguri - Borno State, Nigeria
Bachelor of Science in Economics – 2005
Licenses Fire Life and Safety - New York, NY
Active Director – June 2012-Present
• Leads fire drills and safety inspections
City Wide Standpipe Systems - New York, NY
Active Inspector – March 2018-March 2021
• Inspects, tests, and maintains standpipe systems in buildings or structures in New York City City Wide Sprinkler Systems - New York, NY
Active Inspector – April 2018-April 2021
• Inspects, tests, and maintains sprinkler systems in buildings or structures in New York City Languages English, Illushin, Hausa
References Marsh Drege
Executive Director, Seafarers International House
Front Desk Reception, Seafarers International House 718-***-****
Work Authorization Authorized to work anywhere in the US