Mikkel P. Schultz
• 20 years' experience working as a marketing writer, editor and producer.
• Degree in Journalism.
• Vast experience working in challenging, fast-paced environments where the ability to operate across teams, handle concurrent projects and meet aggressive deadlines is critical.
• Proven record of developing content ideas and following through till projects are completed.
• Born and educated in Denmark. Lived and worked in the US since 1998. Experience
Writer & Producer Dec. 2009 – Present
Go Daddy Global Brand Productions
• Write scripts and develop storyboards for promos, tutorials, product overviews, and “How To” videos for GoDaddy website, YouTube, social media and other distribution channels.
• Coordinate and manage production, review process and final delivery of GoDaddy product videos.
• Lead production teams and oversee updates throughout video/product life cycles.
• Engage with product managers, market leads and other stakeholders to lock down messaging and scope for marketing material.
• Edit, rewrite and copy edit raw content from internal and external sources. Script Writer, Researcher & Producer July 2007 – Dec. 2009 Radio Go Daddy
• Researched and wrote all scripts for Go Daddy Founder Bob Parsons’ weekly Internet radio program. Worked closely with show hosts to develop strategies for broadening listener base.
• Updated radio show website and composed social media posts, email teasers and newsletters. 2
Product Marketing Manager/SEO Consultant June 2003 – July 2007 GoDaddy
• Composed marketing material, website content and technical documentation for several GoDaddy products and services.
• Developed search engine optimization strategy for GoDaddy’s website. Technical Writer & PR Specialist Aug. 2001 – June 2003 GoDaddy
• Composed and edited technical documentation, website content and internal training material for GoDaddy products and services.
• Wrote press releases and assisted in defining PR strategies. Staff Writer/Staff Editor Oct. 1999 – Aug. 2001
Mobile Computing & Communications Magazine
New York, NY
• Reviewed new products. Wrote and edited feature articles, Buyers’ Guide and New Arrivals sections for magazine.
Freelance Reporter, New York, NY Oct. 1998 – Oct. 1999
• Worked as a freelance reporter for multiple Danish newspapers. Education
Danish School of Journalism, Aarhus, Denmark Sept. 1994 – July 1998
• BA in Journalism.
• Adept at developing ideas and writing compelling content for all types of audiences.
• Trained in editing, copy-editing and fact-checking.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Up-to-date with best SEO practices.
• Microsoft Office. Adobe PhotoShop (basic).
• Fluent in Danish, working knowledge of French and German.