Sep2011 - present – Events/Business Development (Freelance project manager on a contract basis)
Recent Work: Press involvement: Writing press releases, Copy writing. Worked closely with various celebrity magazines including OK, Viva, La Vida, I Love Manchester. Manchester Evening News.
Examples of clients/campaigns: Consultancy work: Ocean Treasure launch party with celebrity DJ Dean Fagan. Don Giovanni restaurant – Organising on going events and taking care of all reservations/bookings working closely with res diary CRM and bringing in revenue for the private room including banqueting/conferences/corporate events. Istanbul Grill – PR/Business development across all three restaurants.
Ladies who lunch – Successfully rolled out several events with different themes and filling the restaurant to capacity with a waiting list at Babbo – In the way of business development and own client base.
Organised a launch at Grafene on King Street with over 170 Business attendees. Entertainment: IE Richie Smith Six 15 saxophone players well known on the Manchester scene.
Skills: Vast knowledge of operating procedures of a large convention, theatrical or other public use facility,
Strong principles and practices of supervision. Each event varies depending on the organisation and type of event involved.
Typical activities include:
• Networking events/Business development for new business
• Client Development
• Working with a large database of contacts and managing a CRM system
• Researching markets to identify opportunities for events;
• Liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements;
• Producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations,
• Agreeing to and managing a budget;
• Securing and booking a suitable venue or location;
• Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to;
• Coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire
• Identifying and securing speakers or special guests;
• Planning room layouts and the entertainment programme
• Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings;
• Selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners;
• Preparing delegate packs and papers;
• Liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event;
• Liaising with clients and designers to create a brand for the event and organising the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures;
• Co-coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly
• Overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently;
• Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders).
On-going campaign for Don Giovanni restaurant – Includes: Christmas Showcase/Winter Wonderland theme. Three rivers gin event. Wine paired with Italian cheeses. MHA with Radisson Blu (Manchester Hotel Association) Corporate event with 30 delegates, AV presentation and catering in the private room. Pure Networking with GMCC. Hosted the event with catering and a presentation.
Don Giovanni 33rd Birthday – 50 press attended, 250 hand-picked corporate guests included celebrities from Big Brother, Hollyoaks etc. Supporting: Caudwell Children charity. Included brand ambassadors: Lee Pearson Paralympic Gold Medallist. Scott Wright.
Project Manager for various clients: Product launches, corporate showcases, sales and marketing seminars and exhibitions. Organising on-going events with an evening with Jean-Christophe Novelli.
PR Party: The Botanist Manchester: Live Jazz singers. Sax player, Canapés, Molten Brown goody bags, Luxury prizes, Press: Viva Magazine, La Vida, House of Coco, I Love Manchester. The Red carpet V.I.P Soul & Motown Party for the Kirsty Club Charity: The Living Room Manchester. PR and celebrity’s attending. Luxury prizes & a mini auction. Press release.
K2 Corporate Showcase – Fashion show, Michael Buble tribute, Nikita X Factor. Nadine Marabi fashion show, SKJA – Designer fashion show. Blind wine tasting. Over 300 business clients attended
PR Campaigns – Includes: Editorials, press releases, Advertising, Promotions, Social media, celebrity endorsements, working closely with magazines & designers. Examples of clients: – Skin by design, The Academy of SPMU, Elite beauty. ND Skin & Beauty Clinic, Insight Hypnotherapy. Istanbul Grill.
Sept 05-2011 – Senior Sales & Marketing & Events Manager, World Privilege
Senior Sales Manager for World Privilege (www.worldprivilege.com), a one-stop shopping
Portal and loyalty club for airline staff, frequent travellers, and business travellers. Senior Sales, Marketing and Events Manager, World Privilege Senior Manager for World Privilege
(www.worldprivilegeplus.com), a one-stop shopping portal and loyalty club for airline staff, frequent travellers, business travellers and corporates.
• Account Management
• Generating new business
• Building partner relationships
• Handling advertising requirements - working with clients throughout the year
• Working with clients with their advertising campaign editorials and images online
• Email marketing
• Marketing campaigns
• Social media management including twitter and face book accounts
• Website development online
• Working with magazine partners – The, Marie Claire, in style, BA News, Skyport, Press
• Training new staff, taking briefings and dealing with customer care retention
• Managing sales database info, sales logs and admin
• Clients included: Vodafone, Reebok, Superdrug, Butlins, Marks & Spencer, John Smedley, One True Saxon, Holiday Inn, and Renaissance.
Sep 95 – Sep 05 – Project Events Sales Manager (Freelance)
Organised events on behalf of Clients throughout UK. (As above)
Liaising with Clients and Hotels with over 100 delegates re: - requirements
Clients Include: - Kellogg’s/Royal Bank of Scotland/DLA/CIA/McCann Erickson/C.I.D.S/Browns/Imli
Mar 90- Sep 95 - Sales Manager, Ladies Own Fitness Clubs
Handled all sales, marketing and advertising for Ladies Own Slimming & Fitness Clubs. Pre-Sales of Club - face to face selling of memberships before club opening. Reached pre-sales target membership capacity.
Building client relationships and maintaining customer base encouraging new memberships after club opening.
Compiled 14-week advertising campaign for clubs. I also worked on design and layout, liaison with graphic designers, photographers and printers on a daily basis.
Business Studies/Management Course/Sales & Event Management
NEBSM (National Certificate for supervisory management)
NVQ Customer Service
6’0’ Levels (Incl. English, Art and Biology)
References - On Request