Ashley N. Leichmon
Little Rock AR 72209
Phone Number: 470-***-****
Objective: To utilize my award winning and charismatic journalism skills in the Little Rock arena of media. Transform complex topics into accessible, engaging and informative new stories. Accomplishing interviewer with voiceover and radio broadcast experience. To bring comprehensive background in media and journalism; using 10 years of experience. Work Experience:
● Cumulus Media Power 92.3/102.9 KARN News Radio: Radio Personality/News Radio Reporter May 2017- Present Little Rock AR: On-air personality on weekends from 9:00 a.m. til 2:00 p.m.,and produce commercials. Give live newscasts Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. til 2:00 p.m. Draft engaging, accurate, and effective and informative press releases. Deliver live broadcast from site of an event and from the mobile broadcast unit.
● Streetz 101.1 KZTS FM: Radio Personality/Sales Executive September 2016-May 2017 Little Rock AR: On-air personality, produced commercials, and delivered a live radio mix and broadcast show from 9:00 a.m. til 2:00 p.m.Coordinated trade shows, media buying and planning, sales promotions and direct mail campaigns. Wrote edits and produced stories for multiple platforms, including Internet and digital channels.
● WNBC: Weekend Anchor/Associate Producer New NY January 2013-December 2013: Wrote edited and produced stories for multiple platforms, including Internet and digital channels. Wrote and edited articles, web content, periodicals and publications for internal and external audiences. Evaluated and followed up on news leads and new tips to develop story ideas.Edited footage to create videos for multiple multimedia platforms Covered Capitol Hill, budget, energy and economic issues.
● Black Entertainment Television (B.E.T): Host/TV Personality 106 & Park New NY September 2012-January 2013: Served as a spokesperson and representative for the station at assigned station events and other community forums. Arranged and conducted interviews with individuals knowledgeable about each story's subject matter.Conveyed each character story through speech, body language, and movement. Secured a supporting role on 106 & Park, Ranked #1 female hosting contestant in 2012. Developed a successful working relationship with BET network.
● KTAL: News Anchor/Reporter/PR Shreveport LA February 2011-March 2012: Arranged and edited interview footage for broadcast. Coordinated news releases, media responses, press packets and placement of stories for national media. Drafted and managed print, online and social media communications designed to promote company brand image and values. Evaluated and followed up with news leads and news tips to develop a story.
● KNOE: Associate Producer/Lead Reporter Monroe LA July 2010-January 2011: Delivered live reports from site of event and from the mobile broadcast unit. Followed through on beat sources, contacts and leads to gather information for a story. Organized material, determined area emphasis, and wrote storied according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
Served as head reporter for KNOE 8 news.
Researched and wrote 10 pieces per week for KNOE.
● KATV: Public Relations Little Rock AR September 2005-July 2006: Collaborated with media to yield company and product coverage and promote the company brand. Developed innovative marketing and PR strategies. Identified and qualified customer needs, developed sales strategies and negotiated and closes profitable projects with an 85 % success rate. Built strong client relationships and provided high value adding-services, resulting in a 15% company market share increase.
● HoTT 96.5: Radio Personality Little Rock AR May 2004-June 2005: Drafted engaging, accurate, and effective and informative press releases. Delivered live broadcast from site of an event and from the mobile broadcast unit. Coordinated trade shows, media buying and planning, sales promotions and direct mail campaigns. Wrote edited and produced stories for multiple platforms, including Internet and digital channels.
Grambling State University: Masters of Public Relations Mass Communication/Broadcasting August 2008-May 2010 G.P.A 3.5
Grambling State University: B.A. Mass Communication/Broadcasting August 2005-July 2008 3.2 G.P.A
University of Arkansas Pine Bluff: Mass Communication/Broadcast Journalism August 2003-July 2005 3.0 G.P.A
* Exceptional Writer * Creative writing background
* Sound editorial judgment * Studio Production
* Strong broadcast and AP style of writing * Knowledge of Cool Edit Pro
* Advanced knowledge of the newsroom computer * Research expert
* Investigative skills. * Broadcast screenwriting
* Highly organized * Blog expert