Andrew Seth Friedman
*** ****** **. ******** *******, NY 10598
University of Miami Coral Gables, Florida
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Expected: December, 2018 Finance Major and Sport Administration Minor
• GPA: 3.77 / 4.0
• ACT: 31 (32 English / 30 Math)
• Honors: Presidential Scholar, Provost’s List, Dean’s List WORK & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
University of Miami Libraries Coral Gables, Florida Access Services Student Mail Assistant reporting to Roca Beiro Fall 2018
• Serve as a Student Mail Assistant for Access Services of the University of Miami Libraries during the academic year.
• Responsibilities include logging and delivering packages throughout the library, assisting the interlibrary loan and serving as an administrative assistant to the Facilities Manager. Counterpointe Sustainable Real Estate-Private Equity Old Greenwich, Connecticut Business Development Analyst reporting to Brandon Alini Summer 2018
• Served as a Business Development Analyst for Counterpointe Sustainable Real Estate, a Hannon Armstrong Partner.
• Responsibilities included generating proposals for potential clients, securing speaking opportunities for our CMO at national conventions and expos, creating certification presentations for contractors, generating closing materials and assisting with lobbying government officials to establish PACE financing in their respective jurisdictions.
NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate New York, New York Teaching Assistant to Gregg Delany Summer 2018
• Served as a Teaching Assistant for a Master’s level Capital Markets course at NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate
• Responsibilities included updating class materials, assisting students with homework assignments, grading exams and updating the course website.
Rockland Boulders Pomona, New York
Ticket Operations Intern reporting to Megan Ciampo Summer 2017
• Served as a Ticket Operations Intern for the Rockland Boulders of the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball (Can-Am League).
• Responsibilities included selling tickets at the Ticket Office windows on both game days and non-game days, processing and preparing group orders for games, answering telephone calls, assisting the Manager of Ticket Operations with various reports, helping to distribute game day promotions and ultimately learning about the behind the scenes tasks that must take place to give the patrons the best experience possible. SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Languages: Conversational Proficiency in Italian
Technical Skills: ProVenue, RecTrac, Social Media Savvy, Mac and PC Proficient, Final Cut, Trepp, Eagle Activities: UM College Republicans (Political Outreach Chair), ACC Tailgate Tour, Bridge Sport, AUR Student Ambassador, National Society of Collegiate Scholars Member (NSCS) Certifications: Bloomberg Market Concepts, CFA Institute Ethical Decision-Making for Investment Professionals
Interests: Finance, Sport Finance, Statistics, Basketball, Hiking, Clarinet Performance