JOSEPH B. BURGESS
Python, Jupiter Notebooks, Pandas, Numpy, SQL
West Virginia Wesleyan College, BS, Math & Engineering Physics, 1982 West Virginiia Wesleyan College, MAT, Math Education, 1986 Currently taking Micrometer courses form UC San Diego in Data Science. Have completed Intro to Data Science and Probability and Statistics.
SR. BUSINESS/QA TECHNOLOGIST, US BANK 2004 – PRESENT
• Perform data analysis for various projects using Jupiter Notebooks.
• Lead a team of 8 offshore testers for a major project all bank system of records had to be set up for OFAC sanction screening.
• Business/QA automation lead in the financial crimes group. Work on QA automation for OFAC, Compliance Link and Know your customer projects. Developed strategy to automate OFAC testing for DevOps using Jupyter Notebooks and Eclipse. Wrote code in Jupyter Notebooks to set up test data used to drive the automated test scripts.
• Business/QA automation lead for commercial and retail Created test plans, test status reports and findings reports, ran defect meetings, executed test cases and ensured all testing activities are complete for projects.
• Work with business line, developers and Project managers to ensure all groups understand project requirements. Help resolve issues related to quality assurance activities.
• Participated on agile project teams. Created scenarios to ensure quality for projects, worked with business line and developers to ensure system quality. Provide test status reports for Sr. management. BUSINESS ANALYST, TECHNISOURCE 2002 - 2003
This position was a contract at Citibank in Jacksonville, Florida.
• Participated on multiple project teams in the credit card division of Citibank. Worked with business lines, developers and managers to ensure quality code was delivered for quarterly releases.
• Worked with automation team to prioritize automation for credit card application. Wrote test scripts to automate validating credit card functionality.
• Wrote and executed test cases, participated in defect review meetings, made recommendations to management about code readiness.
BUSINESS/QA ANALYST, INTELLIMARK 2001 - 2002
CELL 651-***-**** EMAIL email@example.com 99 HOLLYMOORSIDE DR. COLUMBUS, NC 28722 This position was a contract at Dept. of Social Services in Richmond, Virginia.
• Create automated test scripts using WinRunner to test the functionality of the Oracle forms and reports used in the system’s financial module.
• Write detailed test plans using Test Director to test the system’s Financial Module. Execute manual test scripts using Test Director.
Create queries in Oracle to ensure the batch processing done in the financial module works correctly. Use Unix commands to copy batch files.
• Analyze business process for the financial module for the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program. Ensure that the business process meets federal mandated requirements. Develop detailed functional specifications and design documents used to create new forms and reports for the system. Document business requirements for the system’s Financial Module in Test Director.
• Test the data conversion used to convert data from the legacy system to a client/server oracle system. LEAD BUSINESS ANALYST, INTELLIMARK 2000 - 2001
This position was a contract with Invensys in Richmond, Virginia.
• Performed functional testing on company website. Run tests on multiple operating systems and browsers.
• Create automated scripts for a Visual C++ application using Mercury WinRunner. Perform regression tests on progressive builds. Track defects using PVCS Tracker.
• Worked on a team to develop standards to meet CMM level 2 requirements.
• Analyze UML use cases to develop test cases. Develop test plans and test scripts to perform GUI tests.
• Performed regression tests on each successive build to ensure the system worked throughout the development cycle. Worked with lead developer to further define defects and appropriate solutions that could be implemented while maintaining a tight deadline.
QUALITY ASSURANCE COORDINATOR, INTELLIMARK 1999 - 2000 This position was a contract with Philip Morris in Richmond, Virginia.
• Using Quality Systems Methodology developed and implemented the process for validating a legacy application to specifications designed to meet FDA requirements. Process requirements included testing in both the development and production environments.
• Coordinated testing activities for pilot validation project. Wrote test plan and test scripts. Created automated scripts using Compuware Hiperstation to test online functionality. Wrote reports to summarize test results. Certified completion of all tests.
• Developed procedures for regression testing to keep the system validated after initial validation effort.
• Created Microsoft Access database application to input and print detailed test scripts and traceability matrix. TEST LEAD, CORNELL TECHNICAL SERVICES 1997 - 1999
This position was a contract at Land America, Richmond, Virginia
• Developed and implemented process for mainframe batch and online testing using automated test tools. Performed beta testing on Compuware QA-Batch. Specified fixes and identified problems to management and developers at Compuware.
• Coordinated activities of 3 test teams. Completed running the test process through multiple batch and online systems. Communicated status, progress, issues and direction changes to management. Negotiated with management to modify process when circumstances changed. Trained testing team on using automated test tools.
• Performed cost/benefit analysis to select automated test tools for mainframe and client server testing and justified selections to senior management.