Siegfried E. Sonstroem
** ***** ********** **** ****** manufacturers, including 20 years strategic supply management purchasing
(includes 12 years in project management (contracts and purchases) . Additional 8 years planning experience consists of material, product, program and inventory planning between defense and commercial industries. Consistent track record of ensuring savings is negotiated, executed, and favorably impacts financials. Successful in cost reduction projects in business units with spend ranging from $10M to $500M.
Areas of expertise include:
-- Supplier negotiations (including commercial terms and conditions)
-- Commodity and project purchasing
-- New product launch (including ERP systems- SAP and Field Servio implementation)
-- Acceleration of savings
-- Business process improvement
-- Project management
BS in Business Administration (Comprehensive Major- NO minor required) Illinois State University, Normal, IL
2015 to 2018
Air Centers of Florida Inc. (ACF) Orlando and Tampa, FL
(Largest Distributor of Ingersoll Rand Air Compressors, Air Tools and service in North America)
$ 35 - $40 Million annual sales
Responsible for managing all main clients orders for Air Compressors (5 HP and up), Air Receiver Tanks (80 gallons and up) and Air Dryers (50 -130 HP) for all main clients projects for which Air Centers of Florida has received contracts.
* Coordination with ACF sales to determine and planned contract requirements
* Purchased equipment and parts required per the main clients specifications
* Communicated in a weekly report to the main client of project status by contract delivery date
* Satisfied all customer quality releases, logistics services and Invoice requirements
* Project Purchased and managed other clients proposals and projects as needed
* Significantly Improved Communication between ACF and all clients
2003 to 2015
Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas Inc. (now MH Power Systems) Orlando and Lake Mary, FL Manufacturer of Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine and Balance of Plant Equipment, $1 - 1.5 Billion annual sales
Global Sourcing Specialist
Responsible for purchasing of all non-MHI balance of plant major equipment for MPSA's first two (2) Canadian gas turbine projects.
* Actively worked with design and quality engineering developing a cost and quality efficient supply base to reduce reliance on MHI Japan balance of plant major equipment purchases to increase competitive position in the Fossil Fuel Energy Power marketplace
* Lead Project Buyer for all Canadian gas turbine balance of plant new equipment proposals and awarded projects
* Commercially supported all Transportation (Logistics) and site services for all balance of plant projects
* Master "Purchase to Pay" Master Data Owner (MDO) with SAP Implementation Team in 2013 through 2014 "Go Live"
* Project Buyer of all BOP equipment for Mitsubishi Power System's first North American fuel efficient reciprocating natural gas engine power plant (University of Central Florida in Orlando, successfully commissioned April 2013)
* Centralized all Orlando Service Center purchases (for manufacturing, product refurbishment and MRO).
1999 to 2003
Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation (now Siemens Energy Inc.) Orlando, FL Manufacturer of Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine and Generator Equipment, $500 million - 1.5 Billion annual sales
Senior Buyer, (2001-2003)
* Responsible for buying all free issue electrical panels and cabinets and other skid components (pumps, filters, valves, oil mist and vapor extractors, air compressors, heat exchangers and oil coolers) for all auxiliary skids.
* Project purchased for 3 customer power plant projects with work scope of over $33 million. Aggressively drove down costs and purchases of combustion turbine auxiliaries that resulted in profits of $7 million over these 3 projects.
* Firmly negotiated cost reductions of 15% with 29 suppliers in 2 years through long term blanket agreements
* Insistently collected 88% of all field deficiency (non-conformance) costs over all assigned projects
* Placed and managed over 1300 SAP purchase orders in SAP valued at $19 million with 96% on-time shipment success
Strategic Supply Planner (1999-2000), (as contractor w/ CDI Corp for Siemens)
* Managed annual warehouse flows in excess of $15 million plus $10 - $15 million WIP with subcontract and prime suppliers, utilizing SAP to maintain inventory at effective cost levels
Successfully coordinated $60 - $80 million in timely shipments of gas turbine finished goods (mainly ring segments) to the primary manufacturing facility in (Hamilton, Ontario) Canada
South Street (Orlando) Urban Ministry (Bicycle Blessings) Interests /
Working out, Walking, Reading, Antiquing, Sports Card and Memorabilia collecting
* Bi-Lingual- can speak, read, write and translate German
* Current passport valid through 2021
* ISM (Institute for Supply Management) member (2001-2015)
* Have taken 7 ISM certified classes since 2006
* Attended and completed Karrass Effective Negotiating I and II seminars