AdakuAngelaOnyembi: MSN AGPCNP-BC
To obtain a position as a Nurse Practitioner in a primary care setting, specializing both in adult and geriatric population, with an opportunity of practice ownership. I have over eleven years of clinical experience in patient care (both in acute care and long term care setting), utilizing strong clinical and communication skills to ensure quality care and promoting patient advocacy.
2018: Master of Science in Nursing, Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN
2014:Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Focus: Medical-Surgical Nursing, Stevenson University, Owingsmill, MD
2006: Associate of Science in Nursing, Focus: Geriatric/Long Term Care, Harford Community College, Bel Air, MD
2005: Licensed Practical Nursing, Focus: Geriatric/ long Term Care, Harford Community College. Bel Air, MD
Nurse Practitioner Practicum Experience
Mays Chapel Medical Care Center - Sinai Hospital Baltimore, MD- Dr Susan Meltzer, MD
Lomack Primary Care, Inc, MD, Women’s Health, Silver Spring, MD- Nkiru Ezeani, DNP
Dr Mostafa Primary Care Clinic, St Joseph Hospital, Baltimore, MD - Dr Ashraf Mostafa, MD
09/2007-present Registered Nurse
Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Towson, MD
• Manage patients, utilize nursing process and prioritize patient care as nurse in Medical-Surgical Unit, Step-down, and ICU/Telemetry.
• Coordinate and prioritize care of acutely ill patients, admission, assessments, diagnosing, patient education and health promotion.
• Competent in utilization of Health Information technology such as EPIC, athenahealth, MEDITECH and other EHR vendors to access the patient's information .
• Fill- in charge nurse role on unit base
• Precepting new nurses on the floor
09/2007-03/2017 Registered Nurse
Citizen Care and Rehabilitation Center, Havre De Grace, MD
• Managed patients, utilized nursing process and prioritized patient care as float nurse.
• Coordinated and prioritized care of long term/ geriatric patients, assessments, diagnosing, patient education and health promotion.
• Utilized computers to access the Long term care facility Information System with Meditech
03/2005-08/2007 Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse
Forest Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Forest Hill, MD
• Managed patients, utilized nursing process and prioritized patient care as floor nurse.
• Ensured quality care of patients with open lines of communication between all members of the health-care team.
• Coordinated and prioritized care of long term care patients, admission, assessments, diagnosing, patient education and health promotion.
• Utilized computers to access the Long term Care facility Information System .
American Association of Nurse Practitioner (AANP), member, 2018-present
Nigerian Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland, member, 2017-present
Licenses and Certificates
Maryland Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, License #xxxx, 2018-present
NPI #xxxxxx, 2018-present
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, AGPCNP-BC, Certification #xxxxxxxxx, 2018-present
Maryland Registered Nurse, License #xxxxxxxx, 2006-present
Maryland Licensed Practical Nurse, License 2005-2006
American Red Cross, BLS and ACLS, May 2006-present
I enjoy reading, walking out, cooking, and watching my favorite TV shows.