Alexander J. Angel
Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY
Bachelor of Science, January 2013
Major: Business Management, Communications
GPA: 3.49, Cum Laude
Dutchess Community College, Poughkeepsie, NY
Associate in Applied Science in Criminal Justice, August 2008 Major: Criminal Justice
GPA: 3.50, Dean’s List
Territory Sales Manager for Eastern New York, Steven Willand Inc., Augusta, NJ (April 2015 – Present)
• Conduct in person sales calls to existing dealer base of 120 dealers and new dealer prospects.
• Arrange product demonstrations with existing, new dealer, and landscaper prospects.
• Increase market share for various brands including BOB-CAT, RedMax, Little Wonder, and Jonsered.
• Educate dealers on product promotions, brand advantages, and using co-op funds to help grow their business.
• Successfully grew the Eastern New York Territory from $1.8M to $2.8M. Founder & Owner, Eastern Valley Lawn Care & Snow Removal, Fishkill, NY (December 2007 – April 2015)
• Acquired and retained forty clients through excellent customer service and positive face to face interaction.
• Interviewed, hired and trained employees.
• Developed successful marketing strategy and implemented direct mail flyers and internet advertisements.
• Actively managed company finances ensuring timely collection of receivables. Engineering Services Assistant, Eastern Alloys, Maybrook, NY (May 2007 – January 2009)
• Created electronic database for the service team to access product information quickly.
• Managed inventory of bar stock used for prototyping.
• Engaged in several engineering projects (e.g., painting of zinc samples for corrosion testing and shot test replication).
• Created sample kits for precision spraying of prototype paint for corrosion and UV lighting approval.
• Maintained strict quality control standards of finalized materials for shipping. INTERNSHIPS
Hyde Park Police Department, Hyde Park, NY (August 2011 – December 2011)
• Accompanied police on patrol.
• Gathered evidence for a home break-in.
• Entered accident data in squad car.
• Attended an arraignment in town court.
• Gained an understanding and appreciation for the community. SERVICE, ACHIEVEMENTS, & ACTIVITIES
Rebuilding Together Dutchess County (Participated in service projects such as home renovation in local area) Cub Scout Den Leader - Led troop of Cub Scouts, age 8. Met weekly to review lessons and coordinated associated activities (building, recycling, etc.)
Criminal Justice Club - Served as Student Judge to determine outcome of rule infractions including parking tickets and other issues that arose at Dutchess Community College.