PAUL J. ELLSWORTH
firstname.lastname@example.org 920-***-**** linkedin.com/pellsworth Colgate, WI 53017
Director of Sales and Marketing
A top-performing senior management professional with experience in sales management, marketing and manufacturing for small businesses and billion dollar corporations. Highly skilled in conducting market research and analysis to identify innovative channels of revenue generation, facilitating sales and marketing efforts to achieve overarching business objectives. Proven track record of consensus-building and organizational leadership, standardizing sales operations, benchmarking and best practices, customer retention, and profitability improvement. Areas of Expertise Include:
• Revenue & Profit Growth
• Team Building/Mentoring
• Decision Making
• Strategic Planning
• Problem Solving
• Sales Strategies/Tactics
• C-level Presentations
• Customer Relationships
Selected Professional Experience
MIDWEST PRODUCTS AND ENGINEERING, INC. Milwaukee, WI 2015 - 2018 DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Oversaw day-to-day operations of the sales and marketing teams. Established business policies and procedures as part of the executive team. Charged with developing and diversifying the customer base for high-level, custom, electromechanical assemblies and metal fabrications for leading medical and technology OEM partners. Developed and implemented strategic selling process, standards, and metrics for individual and team performance. P&L responsibility.
• Boosted sales 13% in 2016 and 10% in 2017; improved profit margin 1.4% in 2016 and in 2.3% in 2017.
• Spearheaded four project wins with four new facilities of a key account by directing a strategic account penetration process. Production value of the new projects is $2.8 million annually.
• Collaborated with Industrial Design and Engineering teams to develop a new standard component offering based on market research and customer input. HUI MANUFACTURING Kiel, WI 2014 - 2015
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Researched, qualified, and developed the customer base of medical OEM customers for mechanical assemblies, carts, and systems. Implemented strategic selling process, standards, benchmarking, and metrics for the company. Member of leadership team responsible for strategic direction of the company. P&L responsibility. Key Accomplishments:
• Overhauled strategic customer acquisition plan, increasing account penetration 33% with top two customers.
• Designed and authored company website to demonstrate core competencies and value message based on Voice Of Customer information.
BERGSTROM AUTOMOTIVE Appleton, WI 2008 - 2013
GENERAL SALES MANAGER
Coordinated team schedules for effective resource allocation and staffing. Hired, trained and mentored sales team. Oversaw the Porsche and Maserati brands and a $1.8 Million used vehicle inventory. Restructured sales compensation plan to reward increased volume and above-region Customer Satisfaction Index on new car sales. P&L responsibility for the new and used car departments. Key Accomplishments:
• Successfully overhauled a stagnant territory; increased Porsche sales volume 39% from 2011 to 2012, raising average gross profit by 11%. Outpaced Central Region profitability benchmarks.
• Improved average gross on used vehicle sales 22% in 6 months.
• Delivered double digit-growth in used car volume for three consecutive years.
• Awarded top Customer Satisfaction Index for Porsche sales in Central Region for four consecutive years.
• Created and co-authored a monthly electronic magazine and newsletter for Porsche customer base. Website traffic jumped 27% monthly.
BAY INDUSTRIAL MACHINE, LLC Green Bay, WI 2000 - 2008 PRESIDENT
Oversaw day-to-day operations of the company. Researched, identified, and expanded customer base to create a more diverse book of business. Drove cost savings by partnering with key suppliers and negotiating price concessions, positively impacting margin.
• Increased revenue 42% from 2001 to 2005.
• Aligned customer service and scheduling best practices, resulting in increased on-time delivery from 63% to 92% in 7 months.
Previous positions include National Accounts Manager for Carlson Craft, Executive Sales Consultant for Bergstrom Automotive, and Business Development Manager for First American Title. Education
MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY Milwaukee, WI B.S. in Business Administration Business Course Work, 2018
• Sales Coaching • Project Management Foundations
• Sales Channel Management • B2B Marketing Foundations
• B2B Marketing Foundations: Pricing Strategies • Designing Growth Strategies Community Service
• Volunteer Mentor SCORE, SE Wisconsin Chapter 2018 - present
• Education and Adoption specialist Center for Animal Rehabilitation and Education 2017 - present
• Volunteer coach of Special Olympics track SOAR of the Fox Cities 2003 - 2015
• Youth baseball, football and basketball coach 2005 - 2012 2 of 2