Chelsea H. Crooke
● Made the Dean’s List while working 35 hours a week.
● Gained further knowledge in business operations, Italian culture and political science applications incorporating project management by managing, developing and directing tasks.
● SCA/ Massachusetts Avenue Surgery Center: Bethesda, MD
March 2018- Present.
Hired to be part of the merger transition team.
■ Improved network reporting process; refined system for documentation, reorganized storage of online accreditation materials.
■ Developed peer review procedure, implemented the process and templated the documents for future peer reviews. Continued to update documentation and evaluate effectiveness of process.
■ Tasked with transitioning surgery center to new inventory/ supply chain management system digitally to increase productivity and organization. Optimized ordering, storage capacity and lead time.
■ Credentialing; verifying accuracy in confidential documents, sourced educational website affect training, retraining as needed. Was the liaison between the center and corporate.
■ Forensic Accounting, Taxpayer Identification Number/ Certification.
In addition to existing responsibilities entrusted to assist COO and Financial Officer with extra projects involving reconciling orders and invoices.
● RVA First Fridays: Richmond, VA
Intern: September 2016- January 2017
Implemented improved social media strategy to increase community participation.
Collaborated with the Director and Board Members to develop a plan and schedule future art walks.
Designed and produced marketing/ advertising materials such as posters, social media posts and community collaborations.
● Freelance Graphic Design: 2014-present.
Contracted to create fine art pieces for business and private uses
■ Business logo designs/ business cards.
■ Produced modern art deco designs for wedding art displays.
● Southern Railway Taphouse: Richmond, VA
Hostess Shift Supervisor: September 2013- March 2018
Managed the front of the house- greeting and seating guests, assigning servers to tables, taking reservations, maintaining the wait list, and updating the kitchen.
Invited to consult with the management team on the opening of a new restaurant.
Trained new employees.
Tasked with evaluating current staff and managing them to a higher level of performance.
■ Server: October 2016- Present
■ Provide polite and attentive service to the guests dining at the restaurant. Part Time Jobs:
● South Moon Under: Merrifield, VA
Sales Associate: April 2013- September 2013
Greet guests, set up displays and sale sections for the store, fill online orders, check out customers, promote sales verbally to customers as they shop, up-sell merchandise, open and close the store.
● Cafe Deluxe: McLean, VA
Hostess: June 2013- August 2013
● Focused Image Inc: Falls Church, VA
Graphic Design Intern: May 2010- August 2010
Set up meeting room, create presentation booklets and brochures for the company, collect images for campaigns, design business cards and letterheads for clients, draft poster designs for client promotional events.
● Pet Sitter and Nanny: Vienna, VA
September 2009- August 2011
● Barnes and Noble: Washington, DC; Tuscaloosa, AL; Tysons Corner McLean, VA
Cashier/ bookseller: June 2009- January 2012.
● Project management.
● Good communications skills: Able to diffuse tense interpersonal confrontations.
● Trained new employees, evaluated and managed existing employees.
● Proficient in the use of Excel, Photoshop and InDesign.
● Increased social media presence by 10% during the first month of internship with RVA First Fridays.
Education and Training:
● James Madison High School. Vienna, VA.
● University of Alabama. Tuscaloosa, AL. Studying for Art degree. Fall 2010- Spring 2011
● Virginia Commonwealth University. Richmond, VA. Full time student studying Multicultural Diversities in Business/ Marketing. Focus in Business, Italian and Political Science. Fall 2011- Spring 2017.
References and Portfolio Available Upon Request