Oracle Database Administrator
I have 7+ years of hands-on experience in Oracle Database Administration Installation, Configuration, Patch Installation, Migration, Upgrades, Backup and Recovery, Cloning, Replication, Database Security, Memory Management, Data Modeling, Performance Monitoring and Tuning, RAC, Data Guard, Grid Control, Oracle Streams, Automation.
Tunning Tools :
TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, and ADDM.
Tools and Utilites:
RMAN, OEM, IPcenter V3 SQL*Loader, EXP, IMP, Data pump,, TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer.
Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g 12c SQL Servers Operating Systems :
HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, 12c, Sun RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x.Linux Enterprise, Solaris, AIX.
Project Works Cross Platform Migration Configuration Of 2 node RAC Dataguard config and administration including dataguard broker Installation of Oracle software and application of patches Database Upgrade to 12c Weblogic Application DISA STIG
• Excellent experience in managing large-scale OLTP databases 5+TB size in HA and DR setup.
• Managed 11+ TB Oracle 10g & 11g databases in Data warehousing environment.
• Solid experience in oracle database migration, upgrades, applying patch sets, code reviews, database release and deployments and data center consolidation activities. Proficient with Database Cloning, Migration, and Patching of Oracle Databases.
• Installed Oracle 11g with ASM and OCFS2 File systems.
• Extensive Experience with RMAN Backups, Hot Backups and Logical Backups.
• Knowledge in configuring ASM (Automatic Storage Management)
• Experience in doing upgrades to 12c including maintenance & monitoring implementation.
• Provide weekly metrics to team lead for documentation on the health of Oracle databases.
• Create user accounts, unlock accounts, grant roles and privileges to users. • Administer and execute Change Requests(CR) for Oracle Database support
• Executed and implemented user helpdesk tickets of various issues via REMEDY database from creating user accounts, read-only accounts on a database & table down to assisting them with logging into the database. Experienced in using 10g features like 10g RMAN, Data pump Flash-Back Recovery and ASM.
• Knowledge of Database Recovery Techniques and implementation of those recovery techniques to ensure business continuity.
• Expertise in maintaining Database Security using auditing.
• Experience in Data Migrations.
• Highly experienced in performance monitoring/tuning/troubleshooting.
Oracle Database performance-tuning services with EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL TRACE.
Applying patches under UNIX platform.
• Planned and implemented high availability solutions such as Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Oracle 11gR2 Grid and 10g on ASM and OCSF2 file systems.
• Extensively implemented Datapump, conventional Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) for migration and logical backup of database.
• Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and perl based utility “Opatch”.
• Highly experienced in implementing Oracle's Transportable Tablespace (TTS) feature using Datapump Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 12c) allowing users to quickly move a user Tablespace across Oracle databases.
• Worked with EXP/IMP, EXPDP/IMPDP to refresh the schemas and to
• Database Performance Tuning Diagnosing using AWR (Automated Workload Repository) / Stats pack and ASH (Active Session History) reports, ADDM (Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor) analysis.
• Proactive database monitoring via automatic Email and Text alerts of Alert.log, Listerner.log and Space errors to DBA cell phone
• Experience in Upgrading databases, applying patches.
• Advanced Security Management such as Transparent Data Encryption TDE and Data Redaction, Schema Management, Instance Management, Storage/Space Management.
• Checking and resolving Database corruptions using DBVERIFY utility. Configured Manager, Replicate and Extract processes and implemented unidirectional, bidirectional replication using Oracle 11g Golden Gate on RHEL 5 platform.
• UNIX Systems Administration - Database and application integration efforts. Heavy UNIX shell scripting, CRON jobs.
• AUTOMATION Mid-level Automation Engineer using REGEX, Matchers, Variables, CHEF and scheduling CRON jobs
• Oracle EBS Application Management
Sr. Oracle DBA
US Marine Corp Logistic Base via Technica LLC – Albany GA Current
• Creating, editing and executing scripts to process data; monitoring database performance; assisting Federal Government support staff.
• Creating, editing and maintaining database schemas.
• Creating database instances to include control files, redo logs, archive log mode and other required parameters.
• Providing IT project management guidance and expertise to Federal Government support staff for projects and special projects as needed, by assisting with new project charters, schedules, requirements and other project management related tasks tracked via a Service Desk or Project Management solution such as Remedy.
• Integrating DBMS(s) and data with existing application software, web sites, portals, storage devices or business applications as well as assisting and testing Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP).
• Recovering from database failures, DBMS and data using Oracle RMAN and FLASHBACK or other designated recovery utilities.
• Reading / interpreting database error messages and executing recovery of database instance(s), data or other pertinent database components; engage Oracle support by submitting and monitoring the status of an Oracle Service Request via Metalink or similar tool.
• Supporting virtual web hosting, virtual databases, and virtual management of DBMS(s).
• Remotely administering database instances using secure shell (SSH), KVM over Internet Protocol (IP) and other remote access tools.
• Implementing DoD, Department of the Navy (DoN), and Marine Corps mandated upgrades and security patches to the DBMS Software, to include quarterly Critical Patch Updates.
• Performing and analyzing database error messages / alert logs daily from the start of normal business hours and implementing corrective actions to resolve issues.
• Utilizing TOAD or other designated tools to monitor and maintain the database environment.
• Recommending and implementing hardware, software, database or network solutions to resolve problems.
• Evaluating indicators from hardware or network devices and consistently implement a permanent resolution.
• Analyzing file systems and storage zones to resolve issues.
IPsoft Inc – New York, NY July 15 – Oct 2016 Oracle DBA/Automation Engineer
• Designed, developed and maintained UNIX shell scripts to collect and monitor database metrics and Statspack snapshots and reports.
• Utilized Grid Control to administer multi-node RAC database also managed redo and undo in the RAC environment. Load balancing of RAC instances.
• Monitoring space, wait events, locks and long operations running on the database
• Monitoring the session waits for the database performance and resolving the performance issues.
• Monitoring the database for growth and added space to the table spaces as per demand.
• Generating AWR/statspack reports on regular basis to identify the database performance at peak load.
• Taking care of database by checking the size the database and addition of table spaces, data files.
• Creating & Managing Database Structures, Storage Allocations, Table/Index segments, Rollback segments, Constraints, Database Access, Roles and Privileges.
• Creating and scheduling Oracle backend process jobs in Crontab.
• Handled all standard database administrative tasks, such as proactive performance tuning and monitoring, troubleshooting on an as needed basis.
• Implement and troubleshoot Oracle Grid Control and multiple Grid Agents.
• Monitored daily backups using RMAN and Export/Import.
• Establish refresh jobs for test databases using Export-Import and RMAN DUPLICATE option. • Regularly applying Critical Patch Update (CPU) patches to DEV, TEST and Production databases to mitigate security risks and fix bugs
• Moving large amount of data Administered (12c RAC) environments adding and removing nodes to the cluster and handled performance tuning using AWR.
• Supported off-hour on call support for database related issues.
• Supporting multiple databases for production, development, test and staging purposes on Sun Solaris and Windows environments.
• Evaluated mix of backup and recovery methods based on organizational needs. Implemented, tested and documented various backup/recovery scenarios for knowledge base.
• Experience on working with data guard physical/logical standby databases.
• Experience in implementation of enterprise databases on enterprise Storage Solutions using Storage area Networks (SAN) and Network attached storage (NAS).
• Documented the Standard Processes for peers to follow.
• Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (Opatch) patches on all the databases.
• Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
• Knowledge in Oracle Data warehouse DBA skills relating to administration and management of VLDB environments, Oracle OLTP.
• Used Data Pump for export and import. Wrote scripts for Backup of databases, maintenance of archive logs for databases. Streamlined backup procedures and implemented RMAN for backup and disaster recovery.
• Together with my team, Configure RAC for High Availability and database Upgrade to 12c
• Database Refreshing / Replication from production to testing using Exp/Imp.
• Created logical and physical design installed and upgraded databases.
• Experience in writing UNIX/SHELL scripts for providing the reports.
• Installed and configured Oracle 11g database on a test server using Oracle standard procedures and OFA, for performance testing and future 10g production implementation.
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11g, 12C, Unix shell script, Grid Control, Data Guard, RAC,IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Oracle Linux, SQL*Plus, Toad, Various 10g and 11g Advisories, AWR and Statspack Reports, EXPDP/IMPDP, EXP/IMP, PL/SQL, RMAN, Crontab, IPcenter V3 for monitoring, Downtime Monitoring.
Sprint Corporation - Overland Park, KS Oracle Database Administrator
Jan ’14 – June 15
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of Oracle Applications
• Data Movement using RMAN, DATA Pump, External Tablespace.
• Data Security, granting and revoking roles and privileges. Data encryption and data redaction
• Worked on Multitenant Databases (Oracle 12c Container and pluggable databases)
• Experience working on POC of 12c new features like Redaction policy, adaptive query optimization, multiple indexes on single column, Restore table through RMAN etc…
• Hand on experience in cloning the non-multitenant container database to pluggable database in 12c using the PDB Metadata clone, PDB Remote Clone and PDB Snapshot Cloning feature.
• Performed database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, migration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, and cloning on the above said versions.
• Database reorganizations and refresh schema-using Export/Import. Creating the database, table spaces, tables, indexes, setting privileges and user logins.
Creating physical databases with multiple table spaces from logical and physical data model • Monitored and performed database sizing, tablespace management and rollback tablespace management, transaction management and security administration
• Data migration between databases using both Oracle 10g and 11g export/import utility and Oracle 11g exp/imp data pump.
• Experience in handling Multi-Terabyte Database migrations/Consolidations with minimum/no downtime.
• Environment: Oracle 10g/11g RAC/9i, VMS, Sun Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, TOAD, RMAN, SQL server, OEM.
Best Buy - Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN Oracle Production Support Database Administrator
Mar ’11 - Dec ’13
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of Oracle 10g/11g Real Application Clusters (RAC).
• Implement Grid based monitoring solution for large Databases and Installation of Cluster ware, configuring public, private and VIP.
• Extensively worked in various areas of Data guard i.e. Installation, Recovery, RTA (Real Time Apply), Patching, Tuning, Switchover, Switchback and Failover.
• Implemented and configured 11g grid control on RHEL.
• Performed Logical backup of critical application databases using EXPDP/IMPDP with a scheduled jobs (Cron Job).
• Responsible for creating RMAN catalog Database and Registering the Databases in Catalog Database and Cloned production RAC instances to development and QA systems using RMAN duplication.
• Experience in using 11g features such as Data Pump, Flash Back Recovery, ASM, AWR, and ADDM.
• Involved in Defragmenting data blocks of table spaces for optimized performance. Also partitioned large tables to increase performance. Evaluated Oracle 11gR2 Golden Gate for future purposes that is for reducing the complexity involved in Oracle Streams.
• Configured Oracle Streams on Oracle 11g, 10g databases for data replication and monitored them using Grid Control.
• Automated the Data Replication process using Materialized Views for reporting databases.
• Used Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 11g Grid Control for monitoring multiple database and notification of database alerts, and configured EM agents on multiple database servers.
• Efficiently performed installation, setup and creation of four node cluster RAC with Oracle
18.104.22.168 database using GRID infrastructure with ASM file systems on RHEL 5.5.
• Maintenance of Oracle 11gR2 Real Application Cluster (RAC) Database for High Availability, Scalability and Performance by determining the best Cluster architecture, choosing the best hardware configuration for Oracle RAC.
• Install and Configure DB2 Servers and hands on experience on SQL Servers.
• Successful in installation/maintenance of Physical Standby database using Oracle Data Guard for Oracle 22.214.171.124 and Oracle 10.2.0.5 RAC databases.
• Implemented switchovers on primary and standby databases as a part of planned maintenance activities.
• Implementing Datapump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 11g, 10g for re-organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance.
• Used import/export utilities for cloning/migration of small sized databases and Datapump import/export to move data between 9i and 10g/11g environments.
• Installed ASM environment and migrated databases from NON-ASM to ASM.
• Used TOAD for database management.
• Made optimal use of Oracle Support in resolving the SRs.
• 24 X 7 Production & Development database support and administration. Environment: Oracle 126.96.36.199, 10.2.0.5, IBM AIX V6.1, RHEL 5.2, RAC, ASM, RMAN, AWR, ADDM, SQL* Plus, SQL*Loader, OEM, TOAD 10.0.
BS in Operations Management
Southern New Hampshire University
Bachelor of Arts: Linguistics, 2009
• University of Yaounde I
• Comptia Security+