Amber Julia Jimerson
PROFESSIONAL NURSING EXPERIENCE
Family Nurse Practitioner-BC January 2014 – Present Mountain Health, Bristol, VT
• Responsible for evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients in an outpatient Federally Qualified Healthcare facility. Patients present with varying health care concerns, acute and chronic medical problems. Perform minor procedures, women’s health exams, and order/interpret lab results.
Family Nurse Practitioner-BC October 2011 – April 2014 Concentra Urgent Care, South Burlington, VT
• Responsible for evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients in a fast-paced outpatient setting. Patients present with varying urgent care concerns, occupational health injuries, and chronic medical problems. Perform suturing, I&Ds, women’s health exams, x-ray interpretation, and order/interpret lab results.
Level 2 Neuro-Medicine Registered Nurse (RN) June 2008 – May 2011 University of Rochester Medical Center Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY
• Cared for acute and chronically ill adults with varying health problems including: hypertension, stroke, seizure, GI bleeds, migraines, ALS, and Guillain Barre. Completed computer documentation, discharge teaching, and facilitated patient/provider communication. GRADUATE EDUCATION
University of Rochester School of Nursing, Rochester, NY May 2011 Masters of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Program Graduate Clinical Rotations
• Rochester General Hospital Emergency Department, Rochester, NY 118 hrs, Spring 2011 Responsible for evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with problems including: chest pain, small bowel obstruction, pulmonary emboli, myocardial infarctions, sprains/strains/breaks, asthma, and hypertension. Placed sutures/staples and practiced reading x-rays.
• St. Mary’s Walk-in Care Center, Rochester, NY 242 hrs, Fall 2010/Spring 2011 Responsible for evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of routine and urgent physical and emotional problems. Practiced reading x-rays. Cared for patients of all ages with varying problems including: sprains/strains/breaks, hypertension, dermatologic concerns, URIs, UTIs, sexually transmitted illnesses, and chronic/acute pain.
• Strong Memorial’s Orthopedic Center, Rochester, NY 115 hrs, Fall 2010 Completed pre/post-operative evaluation of upper extremity disorders (e.g., rotator cuffs, trigger fingers, and carpel tunnel).
• Center for Menstrual Disorders & Reproductive Rights 58 hrs, Summer 2010 Rochester, NY
Provided evaluation of female patients with reproductive concerns. Performed supervised ultrasounds. Obtained patient histories and completed post-operative evaluations. Amber J. Jimerson
• Women’s Health Clinic, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY 56 hrs, Summer 2010 Performed routine OB and GYN exams. Diagnosed sexually transmitted illnesses via microscopy and laboratory results. Utilized fetal heart rate monitors. Provided counseling and education to expectant mothers.
• Nazareth College Student Health, Rochester, NY 115 hrs, Spring 2010 Provided comprehensive healthcare to traditional and nontraditional students, and community members. Evaluated, diagnosed, and treated various problems including: mononucleosis, allergic drug reactions, urinary tract infections, sprains, bacterial/viral bronchitis, and asthma. UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION
University of Rochester School of Nursing, Rochester, NY May 2008 Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Honors: Dean’s List Summer/Fall 2007
Magnum Cum Laude May 2008
Bates College, Lewiston, ME May 2003
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Service-learning Thesis: Post-truamatic Stress Disorder in Abused Children Honors: Dean’s List, Spring 2003
UNDERGRADUATE NURSING PREREQUISITES
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT Spring 2007
Champlain College, Burlington, VT Fall/Spring 2006-2007 University of Southern Maine, Portland, ME Spring 2007 University of Colorado at Denver, Denver, CO Spring 2004 ADDITIONAL HUMAN SERVICE EXPERIENCES
Autism Interventionist February 2006 – August 2006 Howard Center Child, Youth, and Family Services, Burlington, VT
• Provided 1:1 implementation of Individual Education Plan for 6 yr-old autistic child. Utilized discrete trial learning, encouraged positive emotional growth, appropriate social behaviors, and communication skills.
Residential Counselor Intern Summer 2002
Montana Academy, Marion, MT
• Internship at a residential therapeutic boarding school for adolescents with clinical affective and behavioral problems. Observed and assisted with group therapy sessions and treatment plan evaluations with clinical staff. Provided 1:1 emotional support, supervision of students, and co- organized and lead a wilderness trip and co-taught a course on emotion recognition. PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS
Certified in BLS Renewal September 2018
Vermont Nurse Practitioner Association June 2011 – 2017 American Academy of Nurse Practitioners May 2010 – 2017 Sigma Theta Tau International Epsilon Xi Chapter May 2008 – 2011 REFERENCES
Available upon request.