PATRICK KIMOTHO WAHOME
Nairobi 072******* email@example.com Skype: Patrick.kimotho1
TELECOMMUNICATION AND i.t SPECIALIST
Holder of a bachelor’s degree in telecommunication and information technology.
2 years’ experience in IT firms, majoring mainly on networks and ICT training and helpdesk support.
Demonstrated success in leading a team of about 60 field technicians in implementing a nationwide government project.
- Helpdesk Support
Call Centre Ops
Data Centre Ops
POSITION: ICT Consultant -Team Leader of Field Technicians
April 2016- January 2018
I work as a consultant in a nationwide program called the Digital Literacy Programme that was initiated by the government.
a)Deployment of ICT devices in schools at a national wide level accompanied by training of teachers on how to set up the devices involved.
b)Installation of network devices at primary schools.
c)Troubleshooting and support related to the project.
I have also been involved in support and troubleshooting of Kenya National Library Service (KNLS) network in various parts of the country
2. Company: Wanachi Group (ZUKU)
Job Description: NOC Engineer
September 2014 – December 2014
1. Consistent and proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of all network infrastructure -Data Centre, HFC, GPON,
2. Administering first-level troubleshooting and support providing confirmation of issues and events.
3. Outage/degradation detection and notification to relevant teams within the stipulated timelines
4. Performing redundancy testing and report
6. Follow-up every outage noted to ensure that it is resolved within defined SLAs
7. Interfacing with other Engineering / Technical staff and help coordinate cross-functional dependencies for system maintenance and change management.
Education & Certifications
Sep 2011-August 2015
Kenyatta University (Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication and Information Technology)
Second Class Honors
Jan 2007-Nov 2010
Completed K.C.S.E certification
Obtained a mean grade of A plain with 81/84 points
Complete ongoing training in the areas of helpdesk management, use of solarwinds and related soft wares in network management and TV broadcasting.
Member of Atlassian Group Africa