** ******* ***** ******** ********, Manitoba R3X 2E6
Senior Personal Banking Officer
Scotiabank - Selkirk, MB
June 2008 to November 2011
* Responsible for delivering excellent customer service and selling a full range of customized financial solutions; including New, Current and Construction Mortgages, Loans, Lines of Credit, Guaranteed Investment Certificates, Mutual Funds, and Deposit Accounts. * Monitored process of clients' request and keeping in contact with them and their real estate agents, lawyers, and appraisers, complying with deadlines and working under pressure. * Strong relationship builder and communicator; with a thorough knowledge of solicitation, and telemarketing negotiating techniques. * Highly organized and results oriented with demonstrated flexibility in adapting to a constantly changing environment and met deadlines. * Proficiently detailed originated, preparing file documents, for compliance and quality control.
Insurance and Investment Assistant
Sentinel Life Management - Winnipeg, MB
April 2008 to June 2008
* Ensured insurance applications were done correctly by agents. Ordered underwriting; followed agents and insurance companies about new business applications to make sure clients got insurance in a timely manner. * Updated know your client forms, and processed investment transactions, for Ibbitson and Associates Financial Services, this ensured that all clients were contacted regularly. 2
Financial Services Manager
Bank of Montreal - Selkirk, MB
July 2007 to March 2008
* Developed a client base at the branch to gain customer appreciation and increase bank revenue. * Met sales quotas by proactively enticing people to bank with BMO, by explaining products and services. Focused on opening accounts and applying for, but also obtaining lending and investing business. * Replied to existing clients (in person or telephone) in regards to questions and problems with their banking needs within the stated deadline. * Proposed ideas regarding getting new business and retaining current business during team meetings, including going outside the branch, giving customer incentives, and other activities. * Insured that administrative materials were current by getting and sending internal branch mail, changing the ATM video, changing rates, getting more debit cards, and other branch protocols.
Sales and Service Reprepresentative
Royal Bank of Canada- Winnipeg, MB
December 2005 to July 2007
Aided RBC clientele with their personal banking requests, from the comfort of their residence through RBC's telephone service. * Provided solutions to client's financial problems, which frequently meant selling the client financial products, consequently generating revenue for the bank * Ensured less than 10 seconds dead air by successfully multi-tasking between the computer programs while listening to customers. * Completed, on own time, RBC campus course self-taught investments, mortgages, loans, accounts, credit and branch routines.
Bachelor of Arts in Advanced University of Manitoba - Winnipeg, MB September 1999 to October 2003
High School Diploma Treherne Collegiate September 1995- June 1999 3
Chair of the Board of Directors Winnipeg Montessori School Inc. Winnipeg, MB September 2014- June 2017
* Ran meetings with tact, timetable, firmness and fairness and called and presided over meetings.
* Put issues to a vote when views have been expressed sufficiently.
* Consult with the Director and all Board members to create meeting agenda.
* Spoke at Annual General Meeting.
* Hired the director and aided her with staff, the board of directors, students and family issues as they rose.
* Helped increase enrolment from low to full and while maintaining the school property.
* Collected staff feedback via the director's evaluation and provide it to the director.
* Encouraged participation of all board members while ensuring that the most qualified and effective individuals are appointed to the board and elected to committees.
* Co-signing authority for cheques
Selkirk and Winnipeg, MB September 2009 – August 2011
* A contributing member of the events committee, which represented the Manitoba chapter of Scotiabank employees.
* This involved meeting outside of business hours, to plan gatherings, discuss successes and feedback, budget and brainstorm ideas for future events.
* This position focused on ensuring we had the funds to host these events and itemized what money had been spent