Sheela Gnanapragasam, M.S., A+, Network+, Security+
IT Security Specialist / FISMA Specialist / Information Assurance Specialist email@example.com 703-***-****
Visa Status: Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Summary:
• Information Technology (IT) Professional with two plus years of IT Security experience and seven plus total years of experience.
• Experienced with full life-cycle project management, software testing, and IT Security / Cybersecurity / Information Assurance / Risk Assessment skills.
• Proven record of accomplishment in Risk Assessments (RA); System Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) (formerly known as Certification and Accreditation - C&A); FISMA Inventory,
• FISMA Monitoring and Reporting; development and implementation of Security Policies and Procedures; Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP); Disaster Recovery (DR); Contingency Planning (CP); Business Impact Analysis; Contingency Plan Testing, and Plan of action and Milestones (POA&M) Management.
• Experienced in using Security Tools like Wireshark, John the Ripper, MBSA, OpenVAS, ZAP, Nmap, Active Directory.
• Experienced in performing security scans using Linux & windows based systems.
• Experienced in conducting security awareness trainings.
• Good digital illustration expertise and developed Process Flow diagrams, charts, network diagrams, etc., for various IT projects.
• Excellent knowledge of testing processes used in both manual and automation testing using HP Quick Test Professional tool for testing the software life cycle.
• Highly skilled in teaching complex areas of Information Technology for students in Computer Science.
• Excellent team player, with good interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
• Excellent mentoring skills for co-workers for handling different situations. Certifications:
• CompTIA A+ Certification (2016)
• CompTIA Network+ Certification (2017)
• CompTIA Security+ Certification (2017)
• CAP (Certified Authorization Professional) (in Progress) Education:
• Master of Computer Applications (MCA), Loyola College, Chennai, India 2001-2004.
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Mathematics, Holy Cross College, Trichy, India 1998-2001. Sheela Gnanapragasam, M.S., A+, Network+, Security+ IT Security Specialist / FISMA Specialist / Information Assurance Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org 703-***-****
Visa Status: Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Skills & Expertise:
• Performing FISMA Compliance Tasks
• System Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) / Certification and Accreditation
• Information Assurance (IA)
• Performing IT Security Audit
• Developing IT Security Documentation:
o Security Categorization (FIPS 199) Report
o e-Authentication Report
o System Security Plan (SSP)
o Risk Assessment (RA)
o Contingency Plan (CP)
o Contingency Plan Test Report (CPTR)
o Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
o Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
o Security Assessment Plan (SAP) / Security Testing and Evaluation (ST&E) Plan o Security Assessment Report (SAR)
o Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
• Conducting Security Control Assessment (SCA) / Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E)
• Performing Vulnerability Assessments
• Developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Developing Security Policies and Procedures
CYBER SECURITY ANALYST INTERNSHIP June 2018 – August 2018 MILVETS SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC BALTIMORE, MARYLAND
• Security Tools: Wireshark, John the Ripper, MBSA, OpenVAS, ZAP, Nmap, Active Directory
• Risk Assessment: Incorporated the NIST Standards Publication 800.37 and FIPS-199 as the guide to applying the risk management framework to the information system and guide the development of the security plan and assess the security controls in mitigating vulnerabilities according to the federal standards.
Sheela Gnanapragasam, M.S., A+, Network+, Security+ IT Security Specialist / FISMA Specialist / Information Assurance Specialist email@example.com 703-***-****
Visa Status: Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
• Pen Testing: Scanning networks for vulnerabilities using Wireshark, OpenVAS, and MBSA and developing reports for analyzation. Exploiting vulnerabilities using OpenVAS. Retrieved user credentials using John the Ripper tool to perform Social Engineering attacks.
• Vulnerability Assessments: Developed vulnerability assessment reports to explain the evidence of the Penetration Testing to targeted IP networks. Developed Business Continuity to effectively continue business operations after breaches. Developed Disaster Recovery Plan to effectively continue using systems and replacing devices after unintentional disaster attacks. Utilized real world risk analysis, incident response, disaster recovery, breaches, and business continuity. IT SECURITY SPECIALIST October 2016 – Till Date
PROJECT MANAGER USA, INC. DBA PM AMERICA GAITHERSBURG, MARYLAND
• Provide technical leadership for the protection of PM America’s information assets and ensured the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of user and business information in compliance with federal laws, policies and standards, OMB Circulars, NIST Guidelines, and Presidential Directives.
• Perform and manage information security risk assessments of PM America’s IT systems.
• Follow Systems Development & Life Cycle Management methodology.
• Evaluate and respond to Internet-wide security threats in relation to IT systems.
• Develop / review / validate Security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) (formerly known as Certification and Accreditation - C&A) package documents for PM America’s IT Systems (Major Applications and General Support Systems), including:
• System Security Plan (SSP)
• Risk Assessment (RA)
• Contingency Plan (CP)
• CP Testing Report (CPTR)
• Security Control Assessment (SCA) (formerly known as Security Testing and Evaluation - ST&E)
• Security Assessment Reports (SAR)
• Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
• Analyze, diagnose, and correct problems related to IT systems security.
• Monitor compliance with information security policies and procedures, and monitor access control systems to assure appropriate access levels are maintained.
• Coordinate with diverse technical staff, including CSIRC (Computer Security Incident Response Center) team, and assists in reporting the IT Security incidents.
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for PM America.
• Conducted Security Awareness training within the organization.
• Designed several presentations for PM America Green Certification. Sheela Gnanapragasam, M.S., A+, Network+, Security+ IT Security Specialist / FISMA Specialist / Information Assurance Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org 703-***-****
Visa Status: Employment Authorization Document (EAD) COMPUTER SCIENCE FACULTY August 2005 – January 2006 LOYOLA COLLEGE CHENNAI, INDIA
Loyola College is one of the elite and prestigious colleges in Chennai, India.
• Served as a faculty member in the Computer Science department.
• Taught software engineering for the seniors and basic programming languages for the freshmen.
• Involved in conducting laboratory activities and helping the students learn new languages. ADMINISTRATOR / COMPUTER SCIENCE FACULTY June 2001 – July 2005 & February 2006 – January 2008 ELITE GROUP OF SCHOOLS CHENNAI, INDIA
Elite Group of Schools is one of the largest schools in Chennai, India.
• Performed a key role as an Administrator and a faculty in the Computer Science department.
• Involved in management activities and planned various activities.
• Taught key & complex areas of Information Technology for the students in Computer Science.
• Facilitated the requirements of the computer lab, and maintained the hardware and software, and all IT Systems.
• Planned different methodologies for students in different levels.
• Administered, planned, and coordinated the meetings as well as meetings.
• Recruited the new staff.
• Performed the appraisal process for the staff members and provided them with feedback to help improve their performance.
• Participated in Scheduling process for the teachers in all the schools in the system.
• Coordinated the activities to share and document the best practices among colleagues, to improve the teaching methods.
• Mentored the coordinators of various groups to help them guide other staff.
• Coordinated the purchasing, distribution, and management of all school supplies.
• Coordinated the planning for students’ participation in inter-school competitions for cultural activities, sports etc.
• Scheduled regular testing for the students and organized extra classes for the students with special needs.