**** *** ***, *** *******, TX 78251
Detail-oriented Accounting Assistant offering 20 years of experience in Accounting roles. Skilled in account reconciliation, report drafting and collections. Industrious and meticulous with a strong history of integrity and reliability.
● Cash handling and management
● Credit card processing
● Upselling techniques
● Excellent work ethic
● Cash flow management
● Employee relations
● Credit card transactions
● Quick learner
● Creative problem solver
● MS Windows proficient
● Data processing
● Payroll processing
● Invoicing and collections
● Accounts payable / accounts receivable
● Data entry
● Account reconciliations
GUEST SERVICE SUPERVISOR 08/2014 to 01/2018
Éilan Hotel & Spa - San Antonio, TX
● Expedite guest arrival and departure processes to include all necessary payments
● Answer incoming calls and any inquiries pertaining to hotel services Train Manager-In-Training and new staff to prepare food for hotel nightly reception bartend and assist staff in all areas to ensure high quality customer service
● Negotiate rates for long term extended stays
● Seek referrals for potential customers and businesses to generate sales Resolve any complaints and problems from guests to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
● Inspect and ensure the lobby, dining area and overall hotel areas are neat and clean NIGHT AUDITOR 08/2010 to 07/2014
Omni Hotels & Resorts - San Antonio, TX
Greeting guest and checking them in the LTI to make sure the reservations are correct to check guest in room.
Hotel Night Auditor reconcile the hotel's daily accounting to ensure an accurate assessment of both room and revenue collection
● Addressed all guest concerns and delegate to the staff as necessary.
● Ensured adequate quantity of breakfast was prepared by staff. Carried out responsibilities as Manager on Duty during night shifts- supervising overnight staff.
DAYCARE TEACHER/BOOKKEEPER 10/2004 to 12/2006
Buttons & Bows - San Antonio, TX
● Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
● Makes observations and evaluations of each child.
● Maintains confidentiality with information concerning children and families.
● Supervised children's safety, nutrition, and activities
● Prepare and disburse payments to vendors
● Assist the bookkeeper in maintaining all financial transactions
● Process, prepare and record invoices and vendor bills
● Verify, ascertain and determine the correctness of financial data
● Work with confidential personnel materials
● Track, record and maintain expenditure records with details BUSINESS OWNER 07/1988 to 09/2004
G & G Bookkeeping, Inc. - San Antonio, TX
● Maintained files and administrative record
● Provided excellent human resources management skills to organization Overseer of company with quotes and production for current and new clients and supplies based on standard operating procedures
Maintain accurate customer accounts in the company computer system by keeping track of data, personnel information, inspections, audits, and local and state policy changes
Performed all AR/AP, bank reconciliations, and credit cards statements monthly, and closing entries for monthly and annual financial close
Prepared and transacted direct deposited bank accounts in person and through computerized system
● Maintained inventory, ordered office supplies and spoke with vendors Reduced companies' supply bills by 10% through streamlining the process and researching price
OFFICE MANAGER 03/1982 to 07/1988
Robert Chambers CPA - San Antonio, TX
● Maintained computer and physical filing systems.
● Completed bi-weekly payroll for employees.
● Created reports and presentations.
● Established efficient workflow processes, monitored daily productivity and EDUCATION
implemented modifications to improve overall effectiveness of office personnel and activities.
● Reconciled company bank, credit card and line of credit accounts.
● Tracked financial progress by creating quarterly and yearly balance sheets. Entered financial data into the company accounting database to be verified and reconciled.
● Established a QuickBooks accounting system to reflect accurate financial records. Generated invoices upon receipt of billing information and tracked collection progress.
San Antonio College - San Antonio, TX
● Majored in Accounting
● Minored in Business
Thomas Jefferson High School - San Antonio, TX High School Diploma