I am an accomplished training professional and eLearning designer with expertise in a variety of learning modalities; I’ve produced eLearning, blended learning, and instructor-led learning. In each situation my work improved customer readiness, reduced ramp- up time, increased customer satisfaction, and generated profit.
Experienced using tools: Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio, Captivate, Camtasia, Audacity, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Snag-It, Brainshark
University of Leicester – United Kingdom • MEd in Education
Rhode Island School of Design – Providence, RI • BFA in Illustration & BS in Art Education
Publishing, Editing, Writing, Training, Instructional Design, Content Development, Teaching, Documentation, User Experience, Graphic Design
Vinfen.org – Somerville, MA December 2017 - September 2018 Senior Learning Specialist
• Coordinated manager training workshops
• Designed and developed training for ILT classes, including job aids and quick start guides
• Delivered training classes at training site and via virtual classroom
• Developed learning tasks for Time and Attendance system
• Reviewed LMS proposals
• Developed eLearning guidelines and prototypes
Cisco Cloudlock – Waltham, MA June 2017-October 2017 Instructional Design Consultant
Designed and developed online modules including videos, simulations/interactivity, SCORM and assessments for customer- facing content.
• Visualized and designed instructional graphics, the user interface, interactions and the finished product.
• Wrote and recorded effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts.
• Worked with a Subject Matter Expert and team members to develop a script for assigned modules.
Fidelity Investments– Smithfield, RI January 2017 - May 2017 Instructional Design Consultant Positioned with the Clearing and Custody Services team
Content geared to financial advisers including topics such as fraud, instructions for using the platform, news about the company, and changes in regulations. I produced various training assets:
• ILT presentations; Product Simulations; Job Aids; Online Self-Paced Courses; Communications
LifePlans Inc – Waltham, MA March 2016 - August 2016 Instructional Designer
• Designed and developed eLearning modules, with focus on improved critical thinking and analysis skills. Target audience: 4,000+ nurse clinicians assigned to assess applicants for long term care.
• Coached trainers to apply instructional design strategy and how to use Articulate Storyline.
eLearning Innovation, LLC - NH August 2015 - February 2016 eLearning Instructional Design and Content Consultant
• Created a New Hire eLearning course for employees (US and Mexico) of a manufacturing company.
• Designed and developed prototype, created storyboards, wrote narrative scripts, built and developed six content modules. Users are recognized by profile on login and directed to interactive content and assessments.
Nuance Communications – Burlington, MA January 2013 - May 2015 eLearning Content Developer
Designed eLearning courses for all lines of business (Enterprise, Health, Imaging). Types of projects included:
• Converted ILT courses to eLearning - wrote narrative scripts, designed storyboards, produced final products.
• Followed agile workflow engaging SMEs in an iterative development cycle.
• Edited and produced certification exams.
• Adapted marketing and sales slide decks for LMS distribution and tracking.
• Created platform demonstrations/simulations.
Independent Instructional Design Consultant November 2010 - September 2012
Multiple clients: – Ahold Corporation; Liberty Mutual Insurance; CDM Smith; RSA Security Division of EMC2
• Designed and developed eLearning and virtual courses for internal LMS catalog.
• Developed eLearning courses for a major change management program.
• Developed eLearning and certification exams for internal training initiative.
• Implemented Frameworks structure for product marketing/sales training.
IBM / Telelogic – Bedford, MA August 2007 - September 2010 Senior Course Developer
• Reduced the amount of time required for introductory training by fifty percent.
• Analyzed the structure and delivery of ILT and VILT Web courses by collaborating with subject matter experts and authenticating information. Conducted Train-the-Trainer sessions for field system architects.
EMC2 Corporation – Southborough, MA December 2005 - July 2007 Instructional Design Consultant
• Managed tight project development cycle, including translation and media services to deliver training materials prior to new product release dates.
• Synchronized development of sales training and certification programs supporting a new cross product Sales Training initiative.
• Collaborated with subject matter experts to publish internal technical courses for product feature updates, increasing field access to information by one month.
IBM Corporation/Lotus – Westford, MA August 1996 - April 2005 Senior Learning Specialist Designed and developed end-user learning programs for the Lotus Notes suite of software applications.
• Instructor led training materials, computer-based training modules, and train-the-trainer courses.
• Custom online training for early adopters program for high profile customers.
• Innovative and timely e-learning programs for select clients and internal audiences.
• Five 200+ page instructional workbooks and tools; adapted and translated for international customers.
Reduced costs and generated revenue:
• Designed curriculum sold via authorized education centers and business partners.
• Created profitable printed guide for a major product upgrade.
• Reduced cost of delivery by converting instructor led courses to online delivery.
• Coordinated shared information between three development teams
• Accelerated development schedule by 20%.
• Standardized multiple templates and streamlined development process reducing development time by two weeks. Improved outcome by collaboration:
• Collaborated with media developer and graphic designer to create highly interactive online courses.
• Provided instructional design guidance to peer developers throughout the development cycle.
• Evaluated UI design to improve user experience by working with the user interface design team.
INTERLEAF, INC – Waltham, MA 1994 - 1996 Education Specialist
• Designed and developed product training for instructor-led classroom delivery.
• Delivered train-the-trainer sessions, reducing the time to bring new courses to market.
• Conceived original instructor guide (content processes, knowledge, and methods of presentation) used effectively by trainers to train users.
Other professional experience
Composition Coordinator – Christian Science Monitor – Boston, MA Manager; Educational Services Manager & International Marketing Liaison – Xyvision Inc. – Wakefield, MA; Training Specialist – Intran Corporation – Edina, MN; Art Instructor – Brockton Public School System – Brockton, MA
• Learning Program Recognition (Early Adopters), IBM, Westford, MA
• Nominated for Creative Course Design, Annual ASTD Competition
• Chair, Massachusetts Youth Art Month; curate annual exhibition of art created by students throughout Massachusetts. Organized the opening event and official visit with the Governor of Massachusetts.
•ESL Instructor, Art Education (grades K-12), Information Mapping, Langevin Instructional Design
•ATD (formerly ASTD) Association for Training and Development, eLearning Guild, Training Magazine, ADAPT, LinkedIn, Lynda, SALT
A Comparative Study of Visual Perception and Language Development. Hypothesis: how language development affects visual perception based on a controlled study of two groups of children.
• Puppeteer with Kids on the Block educational program to explore sensitive topics with school children ages 5-11.
• Teaching assistant to the Head of the Arts program at RI School for the Deaf.
• Sole proprietor and performer of The Puppet Corner.