LaRon M. Taylor
**** ******* **., **. *****, Indiana 46814
My operations management career has allowed me the opportunity to utilize my Leadership Skills with Engineering, Design, and Production Teams, with Quality being my main focus. I am a forward thinking leader with a Continuous Improvement mindset, incorporating my Black Belt training and Lean Certification on the manufacturing floor. In addition, my talent to effectively communicate in an open, honest, and direct style has helped me to engage at all levels within the company. A leader with the ability to impact and influence others in a positive manner with a high level of integrity.
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
Tennessee State University- Nashville, TN
United Tactical Systems - Fort Wayne, IN July 2015-Current Director of Quality Control directs the Quality Management System for suppliers, products, and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards, testing materials, and product that assures proper adherence to Corporate and Government requirements.
● Developed a customized “Quality Management System” to evaluate suppliers performance, initiate a corrective action and continious improvement activities internally and externally, track scrap, monitor and trend service/warranty returns, track and trend first pass yield from functional testing. Quality Alert System recovery exceeding $200K within one year of operation.
● Developed and implemented product “Birth Certificates” . A tool used to track the building lifecycle of a product from start to final functional testing, then packaging of the product. Allied Recreation Group (ARG) - Decatur, IN July 2013-May 2015 Quality Assurance Manager Role was to design, development and Implement a comprehensive Quality Management System.Incorporating the Core Principles IS0-9001/TS6949, RVIA,and Engineering Product Design/Development. In addition, creating a culture where quality is embraced and measured throughout the three manufacturing sites and 300 certified suppliers.
● Implemented “Kamishibal Auditing System” that engaged the entire facility while improving quality and reducing warranty costs by 43%.
● Developed “Quality Alert” access database creating a platform to elevate non-conformances and initiate a corrective action (later formatted in SQL database to be utilized across the company).
● Designed a Supplier Monitoring System, including PPAP’S, Dash Board, and Recovery, resulting in reduced downtime, financial recovery and decreased quality defects. Titan Tire, formally Continental Tire May 2001-July 2013 Quality Manager for Off the Road Division- Bryan, OH (2006-2013) Large part of this role was to create a “Centralized Quality Management System”.Collaborated with Quality Managers across four sites to establish Corporate Standards and Procedures while maintaining ISO Certifications. Highlights:
● Managed a Team of Quality Engineers, Quality Techs, Quality Supervisors, and Lab Supervisors in a Black Belt project resulting in 60% in belt build cycle time
● Through a lean effort, increased 1st pass quality product by 32% across all lines
● Implemented and Managed a new R&D Lab, adding to the existing Raw Materials Lab
● Developed a Protocol for certifying all materials, processes, and procedures to develop the largest Off the Road Tire built in North America
● Designed Employee Interactive Metric System allowing performance to be shared across the facility LaRon M. Taylor
Titan Tire, formally Continental Tire cont.
Quality Manager Product and Support - Charlotte NC, Hanover Germany (2004-2006) Companywide responsibility for Products, Systems and Support including Plants, Corporate Resources and OEM Customers. Implementation of ISO/TS16949 quality system to all North American facilities. Highlights:
● Selected for an International Role (Hanover Germany 2004) that focused on improving quality and process capability through programs, policy’s, and audits.
● Perform ISO/TS 16949 Product and Process audits worldwide (Czech Republic, France, Germany, Malaysia, Portugal, Romania, South Africa, and the United States). Quality Engineer / Quality Assurance- Bryan OH (2001-2004) Daily Involvement with Tire Engineering and Technology, to reduce waste and improve quality in all radial tire sizes. Conducted Trials and counter measures requested by Plant Leadership. Highlights:
● Project leader for ISO/TS 16949 transition from ISO 9000 – validated all standards and procedures, and exceeded expectations, resulting in promotion.
Bridgestone/Firestone, Inc. May 1995- April 2001
Regional Sales Field Engineer- GA, TN, AL (2001)
Technical Services, Uniformity and Process Engineer- Lavergne, TN (1995-2000) Highlights:
● Re-designed “Tire Building Machine” reducing scrap by 78%,increasing OEM yield 21.3%
● Conducted statistical field- tests for the first “Super Single Truck/Bus Radial Tire “ Training and Certifications:
Lean Implementation - Purdue University
Quality Training - Purdue University
Leadership/Management Training - NWC College
Root Cause Analysis –AQS
Six Sigma: Overview Training @TQM & Caterpillar
APQP, MSA, FMEA, PPAP, SPC – AQS
Business 2000 - NWC College
State of Ohio - Mine Site Safety/ Safe X-ray machine Operation
GD&T and Blueprint Reading - Industrial Opportunities CERTIFICATIONS:
Black Belt Certified/Green Belt Certified
TS 16949 Certified Lead Auditor for the Automotive Sector (Core Tools accredited by RAB, 2015 Update Training
ISO 9001 Certified Lead Auditor
QS/ISO 9000 Certification
ISO 14001 Certification
Bronze Lean Certification: ASV Lean Systems
Executive Train: Microsoft Office (Application)
Microsoft Office (Programming) – master level-Northwest State Community College
Ramsey Electronics: Certified Technician