Career Systems Development Corp. Aug. 2017 – April 2018 Finance Manager
• Supervised and directed the activities of accounting personnel
• Coordinated all accounting activities with corporate accounting and payroll sections
• Established controls for cash receipts and disbursements, inventory, accounting, vouchers and travel expense reporting
• Audited vouchers for correct cost and center and expense codes, accuracy and completeness
• Established the records ledger and journals to be maintained; supervises and audits the preparation and posting of records entries; approves all correcting or adjusting entries
• Prepared all required financial statements and public vouchers in accordance with DOL and contractual requirements for approval by the Administrative Services Director
• Corresponded with vendors and other creditors on matters pertaining to invoices
• Responsible for ensuring that departmental equal employment and affirmative action goals of the department and objectives are met
• Interviewed and selected staff
• Prepared and conducted performance evaluations
Combined Insurance Company Jan. 2017 – June 2017
Outside Sales Representative
Selling Disability, Life & Accident Insurance to consumers Buffalo Newspress April 2016 – Sept. 2016
Experience working MAS 90 Accounting Software
Cost Accounting. Accounts Receivable (Aging and reconciliation) MJW Technical Services Jan. 2014 – June 2015
Created accounts receivable invoices for contracts. Responsible for sending out monthly statements.
Contacted project managers for approval of billable hours each month and submitted invoices to customers for each project.
Reviewed accounts payable invoices for accurate coding.
Reviewed employee expense reports for appropriateness and accuracy.
Audited credit card statements and receipts.
Prepared employee reimbursement reports for company president for review.
Printed accounts payable checks.
Reconciled due to/due from between two companies.
Reconcile inter-company accounts receivable and accounts payable. Eric Parr
Cornell Cooperative Extension Sept. 2013 – Dec. 2013 Shared Business Network Finance & Human Resources Position
Ensured standard operating procedures and compliance with regard to budget creation, monitoring: general ledger adjustments and maintenance, association finance reporting; accounts payable vouchering and check payments; implementing customized vouchers: accounts receivable invoice creation; electronic deposits.
Trained association staff in appropriate FORM Code policy and procedure as needed to ensure consistent finance administration through the WSBN (western shared business network).
Assisted with all required reporting to CCE (Cornell Cooperative Extension) administration, including year-end and attending board & finance committee meetings as appropriate.
Processed, verified and reconciled a variety of Human Resource transactions using HRIS software to support the counties in the WSBN under the direction of the WSBN Executive director Allegany-Catt. BOCES Dec 2011 – June 2013
The business offices of Cuba-Rushford and Friendship Central School were combined into a Central Business Office in December 2011 through BOCES. Cuba-Rushford Central School Aug. 2009 – Dec. 2011 School District Treasurer
Responsible for accounts over $20 Million in Cash annually.
Managed all cash activity for two school districts including projection cash flow, depositing and recording cash receipts, monitoring bank balances, initiating bank transfers and wire transfers between accounts as needed, and reconciling cash accounts and third party collateral monthly.
Prepared monthly financial reports for submission to Boards of Education.
Posted journal entries, reconciled general ledgers, and closed monthly accounting cycles for eight funds.
Tracked and prepared serial bond principal and interest payments.
Monitored federal and state grant activity, requests monthly draw downs, and prepares final grant reports.
Assisted with audit preparation.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration Houghton College 2010
Associates in Applied Science Degree in Bus. Administration Olean Business Institute 2008 Relevant Skills
Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point Access)