Obtain a FT design production position in a fun, challenging environment, utilizing my experience, creativity and attention to detail. software
Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign; Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro); PPT, some Microsoft Office experience
June 2013 – Present
Quad Graphics; Bluestem Team
Freelance Design Production
• Oversee print production of over 11,000 pages annually, using a data driven system, including template and library creation, and prepping files for imaging, for a $2billion account that houses 15 brands
• Work closely with client, representing QG professionally to ensure success by meeting continual deadlines for overlapping projects August 2006 – Present (87 year old father)
Care Giver/Patient Advocate (FT for my mother – March 2010; Hennepin County Certification/Park Nicollet program) Freelance Design Production
April 2004 – August 2009 John Ryan Performance, Inc. (www.johnryan.com) Production Studio Manager
• Supervised Design Production Team: responsible for department deadlines, interviewed/hired employees & freelancers.
• Worked with Creative Director(s) on daily department priorities & team delegating.
• Worked closely with Project Managers on client specific needs & project schedules.
• Provided support to Creative Directors & Designers on client campaigns, presentations, photo searches & storyboards.
• Worked with Account Executives and Sales Executives on proposals, ppt presentations & conference materials.
• Maintained a positive relationship between vendors & creative department.
• Promoted an upbeat, positive atmosphere in the studio, especially under stressful situations.
• Organized studio file maintenance, archiving & training. April 1997 – April 2004 John Ryan Performance, Inc. (www.johnryan.com) Sr Production Designer
• Worked with Art Directors & Sr. Designers taking campaign concepts through production. Reformatted concepts to over 200 campaign elements in english & multiple languages large format promo walls, banners, posters, desktop, take ones, catalogs & collateral. Created plan-o-grams & archived files.
• Worked closely with Project Managers on daily client specific needs campaigns and anything else that came up.
• Provided support to Creative Directors & Designers on proposals, mock-ups & ppt presentations.
• Worked with outside vendors.
1985 - 1987 Minneapolis Community College 1983-1985 U of M Duluth, MN & Birmingham, England Associate’s Degree Graphic Design Liberal Arts studies strengths
adobe creative suite • good communication skills • eye for detail • time management • organization • meeting deadlines • accuracy • patience • sense of humor • quick learner • independent • typography • time management • layout & design sally hazlett
graphic design print production
7410 oak park village dr #4
st louis park mn 55426