Master of Healthcare Administration
Minnesota State University Moorhead (MSUM), Moorhead, MN Graduated Dec 2015
● GPA 4.00
Bachelor of Arts in Biology with an Emphasis in Health and Science Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Minnesota State University Moorhead (MSUM), Moorhead, MN Graduated May 2014
● GPA 3.56, Deans List 7 semesters
National Student Exchange
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT Spring 2011
Executive Assistant; Solutions Behavioral Healthcare Professionals, Moorhead MN April 2017 - Present Assistant for Clinical and Executive Directors;
● Acts as a communication liaison for each Director: o Communicates effectively via phone and/or email with internal and external contacts on their behalf. o Converses with clinic managers and program supervisors to facilitate completing objectives. o Creates efficiency by maintaining, organizing, and managing email inboxes and postal mail. o Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion as appropriate.
● Acts as point of contact for management of Electronic Health Record System (EHR) o Identify system features to improve and/or create to increase effectiveness and efficiency. o Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions within system; manages EHR Help Desk. o Meets weekly with the EHR vendor and instructs program developers on system needs prioritized in the EHR Help Desk.
o Create and analyze various reports within EHR used by the Administration team (staff productivity, client enrollment, billing details, etc.)
o Identifies operational areas of concern and suggests steps for resolution. o Creates and maintains staff user accounts, accessibility, and system permissions.
● Routine Tasks:
o Oversees directors’ schedules.
o Assists with program and quality management projects. o Records and distributes various meeting minutes. o Files/records agency incidents; establishes if a policy or further action is needed. o Format organization’s program policy and procedure manuals. Administrative Professional; Integreon, Fargo ND April 2016 – April 2017 Assistant for three directors of a pharmaceutical company;
● Effectively communicated with directors and their teams. o Prioritized incoming work by determining urgency and importance of e-mails/phone calls. o Followed-up on work: Inform that task is completed or indicate its process. o Clarified and/or offered suggestions (when appropriate) regarding tasks for optimal outcome.
● Maintained weekly schedule for each director.
o Scheduled meetings/teleconferences.
o Managed calendar conflicts.
o Arranged travel: Flight, Rental, Hotel
● Planned and coordinated meetings/events.
o Scheduled, sourced, and secured event.
Organized catering and logistics for event.
● Routine Tasks:
o Leave Management: Onboard, Closeout, Short-term/Long-term Disability, FMLA, and Military. o Completed expense reports for directors.
o Updated rosters for each directors region.
o Created/edited power point presentations/template forms/awards. Patient Access Representative; Sanford Health, Fargo, ND (Broadway Clinic – Urology/Surgery) Aug 2014 – March 2016
● Enhanced interpersonal and communication skills through scheduling and coordinating patient’s appointments with doctor’s schedule, and relaying messages among co-workers.
● Acquired expertise of clinic departmental functions.
● Scheduled/rescheduled appointments: New patients, rechecks, and procedures. o Edited provider’s schedule: On call, surgery, outreach, and out of office. o Faxes: Sent and sorted received.
o Assisted patient check-out: Scheduled follow-up appointments, made recalls for future appointments, and scheduled imaging procedures.
● Expanded knowledge of clinic standards and regulations. o Department specific policies and HIPAA.
Mental Health Technician, Medication Assistant; Dacotah Foundation, Fargo, ND Feb 2013 – Feb 2015
● Experienced working with individuals with mental health illnesses, and alcohol/drug dependencies.
● Monitored client’s daily behaviors and medications within facilities and outings.
● Performed strong work ethic by covering critical shifts not originally appointed to. Internship
My Sanford Chart Bedside, Sanford Health, Fargo Sept 2015- Dec 2015 Participated in planning and implementation of ‘My Sanford Chart Bedside’ project. The project piloted a tablet-based application which allows admitted patients to access their health information pertaining to their hospital stay. It’s designed to strengthen the relationship between patient and care team, along with support the Sanford promise “To deliver a flawless experience that inspires” (Sanford Health).
● Sought opportunity to advance personal development through attending organization committee meetings, foreseeing project planning, and learning pertinent policies.
● Demonstrated management and commitment through holding oneself accountable for assigned project tasks.
● Embraced continuance of Sanford Health values through project. Hendrix Health Wellness Educator, MSUM Fall 2012 – Spring 2014 Started program as an internship and continued on with program after ending internship. Presented programming on: Stress and Depression, Suicide Awareness, Sexual Health, Eating Disorders, Technology, Alcohol, and other health topics.
● Displayed organizational skills by planning/implementing organization events and presentations.
● Expanded knowledge in physical, emotional, social, and cognitive health related issues.
● Demonstrated leadership through initiating new programming (Suicide Awareness). Research
Research in Psychology, MSUM, Mnemonic Devices
Under the direction of Dr. Malone Fall 2014
Performed research experiment on mnemonic devices by testing immediate serial position recall rate. Researched if pegword-keyword or imagery mnemonic devices result in higher serial recall. Performed short-term memory test on a list of ten words to measure recall rate. Research in Biology, MSUM, Convict Cichlids
Under the direction of Dr. Wisenden & Alemadi Spring 2012 – 2013 Conducted research on how convict cichlids exposed to chemical cues as embryos behave when exposed to these cues as fry. Made inquiries on how these chemical cues impact skeletal ossification in cichlid embryos. Presented findings at MSUM Student Academic Conference.
American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Fall 2015 – Present
● Member of the international professional society to help embrace healthcare management excellence. Tri-Beta Biological Honor Society, MSUM Fall 2012 – Spring 2014
● Collaborated with other members to create new events for the society in which students would benefit. Psi-Chi Psychology Honor Society, MSUM Spring 2014
● Inducted as a member.
Pre-Health Professionals Club, MSUM Human Resource Officer Fall 2010 Vice President Fall 2012- Spring 2014
● Enhanced leadership abilities through encouraging student involvement on campus and in the community.
● Demonstrated responsibility by reserving rooms for meetings and attending meetings on time. Computer Skills
Microsoft: Word, Excel, Power Point, Office 365 – Lync/Skype/Jabber - WebEx Electronic Health Record Software (Epic and Vireo) Awards and Recognition
● 2016 – 2 Awards of Excellence - Awarded from directors from pharmaceutical company
● 2017 – 2 Awards of Excellence - Awarded from directors from pharmaceutical company
● 2017 – Work Performance Award – Awarded from peer from Integreon Volunteer Experience
Jim Kessinger, Director of Commercial Operations, Pharmaceutical Company, 561-***-**** Tabitha Meyer, Business Coordinator, Solutions Behavioral Healthcare Professionals, 701-***-**** Brandi Sillerud, Graduate Advisor, MSUM, 218-***-****