Date of birth: 20/06/1994 E-mail: email@example.com PROFESSIONAL PROFILE:
Graduated from DIT Visual Communications art and design course in 2018. I am an energetic, creative and self-motivated person with an extensive background in retail, sales, marketing and communications. I am currently working as a graphic designer completing tasks such as packaging, POS, social media concepts etc. As a designer I’m constantly learning and hope to explore more aspects of design with special interests in learning more about digital design. HIGHLIGHTS:
Fluent in English Adobe Creative Suite Proficient Full Irish Driving Licence Self-Motivated Passionate & Honest Team Leadership Social Media Skills Skilled in MS Office Excellent Communication Skills Accurate & Detailed Enthusiastic WORK EXPERIENCE:
February 2018_Present Homestore + More
- Working as the Graphic Designer in both Digital and Print Settings.
- Maintaining and creating in-store POS and in-store and outdoor Signage, while dealing with Area Mangers, Epos Team and Buyers.
- Working alongside the Web Team in producing content for Digital outcomes including Website and Social Media Posts. Also creating video content to be used for social media accounts.
- Designing Packaging for our in-house brands while maintaining the integrity and visual style of those brand guidelines.
- Creating concepts for new in-store signage and new in-house brands.
- When required, work with the Editorial Team editing Images, creating page spreads for the monthly magazine and ensuring no errors or mistakes are left un-noticed.
- Adhering to a strict production schedule that allows for multiple projects to take place at the same time in-order to meet the short strict deadlines.
July 2017_January 2018 Donnybrook Fair
- Working as the Junior Designer in both Digital and Print as part of the Marketing Team.
- Updating and maintaining In-Store POS and Signage. Content and strategies for Social Media which work alongside Promotional Material and fit into the Brand Guidelines of the Company.
- Designing concepts for Packaging for both Seasonal items and Permanent own brand stock.
- Producing concept illustrations for Seasonal Promotions, Loyalty Customers, Packaging etc. June 2012_July 2017 Dealz Tallaght
- General sales assistant duties including POS, reconciling overnight cashier tills, merchandising, dealing with customers in a fast paced environment August 2012_ June 2012 Credit Union Kilnamanagh
Dealing with Credit Union account members and loans while handling cash and credit transactions February 2011 Fm104
- Assisting in Web design, research, marketing and sales events and general office duties, as part of transition year experience.
2018_Present Griffith College Dublin_Certificate in Web Design & Development
- Web Development Tools & Web Design Concepts, Responsive Design
- Designing Web Page mockups/wireframes with Photoshop
2013_2017 Dublin Institute of Technology_BA Hons Degree in Visual Communications
- The study of graphic design exploring Photography, Print-making, Digital design, Typography and concept designe etc.
- Completetion of a thesis was also necessary for this programme where I explored the use of Bold Typography in Political Campaigns.
- Also completed a six month Erasmus at the University of Design, Schwaebisch Gmund, Germany where I explored Brand Identity design and User Experience design. 2007_2013 St. Paul’s Secondary School Greenhills
- Leaving Certificate 2013
- Transition year (distinction) 2011
- Junior Certificate 2010
2010 LA Makeup Academy Beauty School
- Module One beauty course
2010 CEB Computer Examination
- Awarded a Distinction
- Aimee-Laura Flanagan
- Aimee-Laura Flanagan
References available upon request