Mark W. Ownn, MS, CRA
Market Research Analyst
Data-Driven Marketing Professional in Multinational Company Robust Body of Knowledge of Market Analysis, Applied Mathematics, and Statistical Patterns Highly passionate for deep-dive marketing data research. Established experience of assisting senior management in rendering key business decisions to drive differentiations and growth in fiercely competitive markets. Skilled at analyzing corporate business requirements and translating them into comprehensive implementation strategies. Stellar reputation for tackling steep learning curves and emerging successfully as a subject matter expert.
• Extensive experience having worked in Taiwan and current-day dealings with China; Bilingual in English and Mandarin.
• Strong influencer amongst stakeholders, c-suite executives, opinion drivers, and thought leaders.
• Well-versed in idea generation and connecting complex and disparate information into a distinct concept.
• Respected for conducting insightful research to best select risk-adjusted business opportunities.
• Highly ethical coupled with a rigorous due diligence background.
• Technically proficient: Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Tableau, SPSS, R, and SQL.
• Certification: CRA – Certified Research Analyst (IIPMR); New Jersey Real Estate Licensee Professional Experience
GENERAL-CARE CORPORATION, New York, NY February 2015 - Present Research Analyst
• Provide market analytical insights of medical device demand in China result in increasing number of local clients
• Contribute to perform international orthopedic and spine product research to expand domestic business
• Track and report marketing activities and KPI including monitoring MoM sales analysis, inventory and product demand from in-house database and business intelligence system to provide statistical analysis to sales teams
• Generate innovative strategies and convey recommendations to senior management and stakeholders to assist reducing costs based on control framework and data analysis result
• Coordinate preparation for medical supply exhibitions; Assist key customers during exhibitions and professional conferences such as NASS (North American Spine Society) in the U.S PERSONAL PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, New York, NY March 2011 - September 2013 Investor
• Researched and performed invest opportunities in equities and exchange-traded products
• Assessed and measured short- and long-term risks within investment
• Utilized technical indicators such as Bollinger Bands, Oscillator, MACD, RSI and conduct company research to evaluate and design trading strategies
• Sharpened and analyzed portfolio management calculation to reduce risk in investment
• Designed model and researched statistical patterns for buy and sell decisions
• Achieved compounded annual returns above 10%
STANDARD FOODS CORP., Taipei, Taiwan June 2008 - September 2008 Marketing Analyst (Internship)
• Conducted consumer behavior research and performed data collection for forming new product launch plans
• Utilized statistical software to analyze patterns and ensure data accuracy / completeness
• Presented deliverables of market research analysis in Excel and PowerPoint to senior managements
• Designed product surveys and performed CRM analytics in qualitative and quantitative (ex. SWOT, cost-benefit analysis) to assess effectiveness of marketing strategy and brand awareness Education
Master of Science, Management & System, New York University, New York, NY 2015 Concentration in Enterprise Risk Management
Coursework: Quantitative Models (Forecasting, QC, Sigma, Queueing), Project Management, Risk Assessment, Crisis Management, Financial Management (Accounting, Derivatives, Risk Analysis) Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL 2010 Minor in Statistics